PDA

View Full Version : Out & About

Lisa W
01-02-2005, 06:21 PM
well i have to talk about this and there's no-one i can tell around here...!
i have been dressing for years, have always wanted to go out somewhere in public but never had the nerve; in fact i thought myself to be someone who would never do it. i have been for drives or little walks where nobody's about before... but last night i went out for a drive, i decided i'd take a stretch of motorway where there was a services and go to the shop there (i know this sounds really lame but it was a big deal for me!) and so i did, though just as i arrived a coachload of people turned up, yet i walked in there, got a drink and some ciggies. it was great to be able to walk a proper distance in my heels, as i only really had a small space in my room! i have been practicing my walk though and although i was nevous as hell, i kept my posture.
on the way back it was late and the services were really quiet, and there was a full length mirror in the ladies, seeing myself walking towards it... i felt (and looked) great.
i think i have 'the bug' - if anyone is interested in getting a small group together for a first timers proper night out mail me, we can all 'hold each others hand' so to speak!

Katiegirl
01-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Hello Lisa

Welcome, I too have only recently been "out" but I went to a well established group not too far from where I live. I found them on this site

http://www.transgenderzone.com/venueguide/UKntvg.htm

you might it safer to go to one of these clubs to start with, just to get the does and don'ts when out dressed.

I had a great time and will be going again in the New Year.

You were braver than me going out as you did.

:)

Mind of a Girl, Body of a Man Life is a Bitch

Lisa W
01-02-2005, 06:49 PM
thanks Katie, for raising some points to my over excited little mind! and thanks for the link too, that'll be useful.
xx

Katiegirl
01-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Lisa

I see there is a similar post from Nina

:)

Mind of Woman, Body of Man, Life is a Bitch

racquel
01-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Well done lisa and Rachel,I just recently did the same.I'm thinking this forum has helped a lot of us get over our shyness.

MonaSmith
01-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Hi there Lisa,

You did really well girl, it doesn't sound at all lame. It took a lot of guts to do, you should be very proud of yourself. It seems that with a lot of these things the payoff from doing them far outweighs the fear and apprehension felt beforehand. Keep it up, so to speak, but always be safe.

Georgette
01-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi. I know once that I came out or mySO caught me , and I told her that I wanted to go out in public I went to a professional stylist and had the works the first time and now My SO helps me I get a little more into it each time. I know that the new years on the vegas strip was a blast and a year ago there was no way I would have even consudered doing something like that.
I hope to do it for a few more years as I loved it. Even though I had a little altercation thereLOL, I hope his nose is sore as Hll today.
That's my input You go girl and enjoy every minute. :)

Susan S
01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi there, I am very new to this scene but wish to explore it further as I have experimented with cross dressing over the past few years at home and once last summer when I went to a Vicars and Tarts party where evryone said how good I looked dressed as a woman. I live in the south east of England and would like to know how others in the area have gone about their transformation.