PDA

View Full Version : A Femme Voice

Agles
10-15-2006, 03:51 PM
i have been working on my voice for sometime, though i dont think i am close enuff to go out and use it yet.
i have read all kinds of things about how women very pitch more will men very volume between words. i have been trying to lessen to GGs in my area and im sorry im not hearing it. some but not any more then im doing.
also i have been doing a lot of singing. though i would say when they say singing they mean real singing not the stuff im doing. i make the people on motor mouth look good. throw mainly slow with female singers, i sing along with in the car. bad thing is my radio is up so loud i cant hear myself. though the other day i was in a grocery store and said "excuse me" to someone i had to step in front of and the sound that came out. made me want to do a audio double take. thing is i have not been able to hit that pitch sense. i get ma'amed alot at work on the drivethrough headset. though i get sir alot more.

can anyone give any advice for me or any for the other girls who need help.

='.'=
Jamie

jo_ann
10-16-2006, 05:54 AM
it's not really a higher pitch, there are women with deep voices that still sound femminine. There's a whole octave range, and men tend to sorta hit all of the range, where women tend to just use the higher range. it's hard to explain, but imagine a quartet singing. A man would be singing every range, and the woman would just be singing the high range. Easiest way to get into this range is tightening your throat till you sound like a chipmunk, then ease back to a normal voice. Sometimes I purposely talk like a chipmunk for 30 minutes just to tighten my throat up, then it's pretty easy to naturally talk femme.

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Hi, I only some what agree with Jo Ann. I think it's not soo much the tone, but the inflection. Men have a tendancy to go down at the end of a phrase and women usually go up. The lady at the BK driveup, this morning, had a deeper voice than mine. And I've run across a few others with deeper voices.
I do think if you pass in appearance, the voice will work, if you're a bigger woman....:2c: ....BJ

Kate Simmons
10-16-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi, I only some what agree with Jo Ann. I think it's not soo much the tone, but the inflection. Men have a tendancy to go down at the end of a phrase and women usually go up. The lady at the BK driveup, this morning, had a deeper voice than mine. And I've run across a few others with deeper voices.
I do think if you pass in appearance, the voice will work, if you're a bigger woman....:2c: ....BJNo one has ever told me I don't sound like a woman, BJ. If they know what's good for them that is...LOL Ericka

Penny
10-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Women's voices tent to, for the most part, sound higher and softer. In addition, their phrasing is singy songy. Plus is you listen to women, a lot of times, it sounds like they are questioning. For example: a man might say, while ordering from McDonalds, " I want a cheeseburger, fries and Coke, while a woman might say "could I get a cheeseburger, fries and Coke". This is not always true because some women are more assertive. First of all, in order to obtain the female voice, look in the miror and make your adamsapple disappear by throwing it up toward your chin. If you examine a womans addamsapple, you will find that it higher than a mans. In order to keep it up, you will have to develope those muscles with exercise (up and down). Notice
if you speak while it is up, your voice will sound higher without trying to raise
it. You get the same range with a higher sound. Phrasing and inflection and
you can achieve a female voice. Hope this helps!

NatashaWI
10-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi Jamie - I don't think my voice is very feminine but my secret is to use an accent. When I'm Natasha, I am a russian woman who reads tarot cards. If you've ever watched Rounders, I try to sound like KGB the russian poker player (John Malcovitch). It really works for me. I've had people tell me they became totally engrossed in their reading and forgot I was really a guy. When I get into character I truely believe I am Natasha. It is very convincing. Just speak softly and distinctly and be your new self and it will surprise you how many people will treat you like that lady you want to be! By the way, I'm 61 and 6 feet tall so I have to work especially hard to be Natasha - it is worth the effort!