PDA

View Full Version : Waiting In Line

Sienna Skye
10-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone, When you are buying something and there is a line at the cashier, are you more nervous (if you get nervous at all) thinking about the sales clerk or the other people who are also waiting in line. I thought about this today when I was buying some pantyhose at Target. I really don't get nervous anymore, but I do find myself usually finding a line without other guys if possible. I"ve gotten some funny looks from others in line sometimes, but most sales clerks have seen it all. Any Thoughts? Sienna

Shelly Preston
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
If you have the I dont care look then neither will they

ColleenCD
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Very similar Sienna, I seem to preparing answers to possible questions when in line. Once at Target my wife called me and told me to pick some hose for her for Sunday. I went and got them, waited in line :straightface: and when it was my turn, the Smart Eleck cashier says" Are you sure you have your size?" (My wifes and A and I'm a Q.) :mad: That always stays with me.

Colleen

Joy Carter
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Like there is anti cross dressing task force out there just waiting to bust some guy buying a bra. "Bust...Guy Buying Bra.... HA HA HA":heehee:

Shannen
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm usually not nervous, but there are some times I've seen certain people that I know well in the store, and then I usually put off my shopping for personal items until another time.

Strangers in the line? Don't really give it much thought. I'm sure they are as worried about how much their cart full is gonna cost as I am.

Have you ever studied the other person's purchases in line?

-Shannen

Jodi
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Last November, I was shopping in the Limited enfemme. I had selected my articles, tried them on and was waiting in line. They were having some trouble with the registers, and the line was building. The woman behind me began making small talk, so I began talking with her. We were standing beside the jewelry rack, and she was complaining that she could not fine earrings to match the necklace that she was buying. I kind of looked over the rack and selected a pair for her. She was thrilled. She just didn't believe that she had overlooked them. The Asst Manager, who knows me, both as Jodi and my male self, was watching and gave me a big smile. The woman, who was late 30's or early 40's continued the small talk until we checked out. Afterwards, the asst manager, Beth, came over laughing, and said that she didn't think the woman had a clue that I was not what she thought.

So, if stuck in line, make the best of it.

Jodi

Karren H
10-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Not nerveous!!! I usually strike up a conversation with one of the other women in line!! More fun that way!!

Love Karren

Tina Dixon
10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Heck I sweat like a pig:D

Brianne_bc
10-15-2006, 08:23 PM
yup... been there done that... god help me if they ask for a price check...

kerilynn
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
price check omg i think i would die!

AprilMae
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Nope. I have plenty of Smart Assed comments for anyone who dares.

Denise01
10-15-2006, 08:45 PM
While I was not waiting in line, i had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago.
Was in a ladies store shopping and at closing there were also 2 other ladies at the check out counter. As it was after closing, the door, had been locked, so i waited for the other ladies so we could be all let out at the same time.

It was a beautiful evening, so they started some social chit chat, and some how the topic of vacations came up. Mentioned i was going in Nov. to the South.
One of the ladies, then asked if my husband was going with me, so from that question, i assumed i must have passed very well as a lady, and accordingly we had a nice ladies chit chat.

It felt so nice to be treated like and assumed that i was a lady

Denise

Sherree
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't worry much now. However, the first few times I purchased my own bras and panties, I was still a teenager. Everytime I bought female undies, I also had at least one package of men's underwear and maybe some tee shirts or other male clothes. I guess I figured if I was buying guy stuff, no one would think the bras or panties were for me. I also kept the womens things covered with the men's stuff until I actually put everything on the checkout counter. I finally figured out I had to stop doing that, because I was getting a large collection of men's underwear that I hardly ever wore. It nearly doubled the price of my panties.

Melinda Lou
10-16-2006, 12:02 AM
I worry more often about fellow customers and having someone see me who knows me, than I do about what the cashier might say. I've purchased panties from the girls' department, and I think they assume I'm a henpecked husband who's been sent on an errand to buy something for his daughter, instead of a guy who's buying for himself. (I had one cashier say, "I bet this is the highlight of your day," to which I responded by looking resigned.) If they only knew...:blushing:

Joni Beauman
10-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Its teen girls that seem most prone to recognize I'm crossdressing; I can count several times when the only person that seems to have noticed me is a daughter accompanying a mother. Once in a line, they had to do an inventory of the cashier - that took about 10 minutes. That was a bit awkward. There was one incident with pronounced snikering. I find it hard to understand sometimes why I pass sometimes and not others. I think it is in how one carries oneself and its hard to keep that up standing in a long line. Joni

SBryder
10-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Online shopper here ^^; If I do go out and buy feminine things, I go to a wal-mart with a self-checkout. Short not-so-akward lines, and no clerk to give me a funny look XD

I dread however the idea of not undoing one of those security tags right and having the alarm go off and having my bags nosed through T.T

Sam-antha
10-16-2006, 12:36 AM
What is the problem ? It is in the mind, there is a reason for everything.
Wait until you are in a snaky queue, dressed before you can imagine a problem. By then there is no problem for you, you know that the others are too busy, chatting, admiring what they are buying or wondering what to buy next,or is the cashier gone to sleep..
Unless you are in a wee town.
~Samm

Clare
10-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Not nerveous!!! I usually strike up a conversation with one of the other women in line!! More fun that way!!

Love KarrenYou're incorrigible Karren! :rolleyes:

Oh and I'm not self concious when in a check out que when buying femme stuff. I guess the only concern I have is meeting someone I know when carrying girly items or in a female only shop (probably the harder to explain!).

Deanna2
10-16-2006, 05:39 AM
I never get any problems with the sales staff, but some of the customers do seem to think that I'm odd standing there with a piece of femme gear - as if a guy can't buy his wife (or himself) something frilly.

Brianna Lovely
10-16-2006, 05:42 AM
I thought that I was doing rather well with my fem shopping, until last week.
Was standing in line with four people behind me, I had a top, skirt, panties and a bra (in a box). The cashier took the bra out, held it up (almost over her head), looked at it this way and that, then looked at the box and said "there's no price on this, do you still want it?" I said yes and she went to do a price check.
I was afraid to look behind me to see if the other customers were peeved, giggle.

Adrienne Heels
10-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Are you ever going to see any of those other shoppers again? No!! So there is notihing to worry about. They are not paying attention to you anyway.

Jodi, that is a cool story!

Love,
karyn

Just Plain Kay
10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Been there...

Deedee_tv
10-16-2006, 09:07 AM
The average checkout person at a big box store like Walmart or Target averages more than one transaction per minute. It is not likely that you will remain in the old memory bank for too long whether they 'read" what you are buying or not. I wouldn't worry at all.

Maureen Henley
10-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't do much shopping , due to budget constraints. However, since I've been doing it for over 30 ears, I've gotten used to doing it. I am simply a reserved, courteous gentleman in line. I ignore any looks at my purchases, answer any legitimate questions in a straightforward manner, go along with any joking questions, ignore any sniggers. If I encounter an inappropriate or rude remark, I simply into "I ..am...doing...my...best...to...control...an...unp leasant...temper...so... don't...PUSH...IT" act. That usually stops the rudeness.

So far as encountering friends, neighbors, acquaintences, I live in a heavily populated suburb, so I seldom see anyone I know while shopping.

Gisele
10-16-2006, 12:41 PM
I use to but no more. I have the right to buy it if they sell it with no questions asked. The nerves are a calm low now when I stand in line.

nicolv
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
i wouldn't dare to stay in line!

pedalpusher
10-16-2006, 01:42 PM
Good topic. I purchased a satin sleepshirt from Ross made by California Dynasty, (love their sleepwear by the way) about 2 weeks ago, and the cashier actually said to me "I see you have good things on your mind":devil: Boy did I ever that evening, I had a great time later that evening taking my clunker for a drive around town, especially when it stalled on the side of the road with me wearing my new purchase having a difficult time getting her restarted. :tongueout

No, it really doesn't bother me much anymore, I like the looks on there faces now. Only thing I am cautious with is seeing somebody I know.