PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in epliating

Byllie
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, it's been about five days since I used my epilator, and my skin is still, for the most part, smooth. Tiny hairs are starting to appear, but that's just it; they're tiny. I am firmly convinced this is the way to go. I hope, as many have said, that with time the hair that grows will be thinner and softer, till (dare I wish) none remains.

Joy Carter
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I went about nine days before showing any hair but dam it broke and I had to sent it back for repair. So now I'm on day fifteen and am showing some slight ingrown hairs but not much stubble. I don't know if this well kill any hairs but I'm sticking with it.:D

Katelyn
10-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I just ordered one through the mail. It should be here by Friday. I hope it is all it's cracked up to be because I hate shaving and waxing is just too messy. I haven't mustered up the courage to go to a professional to get waxed.

liz.thomas
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I have shaved, works ok but ingrown hairs are no fun. I've also used my epilator successfully but it takes me forever and I have to get tipsy cause it hurts on my corse hair (belly and chest are killers). I finally broke down and got waxed..best thing i've done....less painful and took only an hour..

I just ordered one through the mail. It should be here by Friday. I hope it is all it's cracked up to be because I hate shaving and waxing is just too messy. I haven't mustered up the courage to go to a professional to get waxed.

AmberTG
10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
WOW, I'm sure glad I don't have any chest hair!

robyn1114
10-16-2006, 02:23 AM
I love mine for the lower legs, but the upper leg just gets to many ingrown hair, and yes the chest and belly hurts like the devil.

Janailene
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I have used it for years. Now there is NO hair on my legs.

Sandra
10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
The hairs do grow back softer and thinner. Have any of you tried to epilate underneath your arms? mine has an attachement for this, I find this more painfull than doing my legs though.

Joyce1702
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
I tried my epilator on my underarms but caught a bit of skin. After I pulled myself off the ceiling, I vowed never to do that again. I now shave them, but I love the epilator for everything else.

Joyce

Byllie
10-16-2006, 07:28 PM
I've used my epilator on my chest, under my arms and my legs. And yes, there are areas that hurt like all get out, but after a few passes, when most of the hair is gone, the pain subisdes tremendously. It's day six and my skin is still relatively smooth. :daydreaming:

Kimberly
10-16-2006, 07:38 PM
grrr...

Epilator ftw. :D

StephanieCD
10-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Does anyone recommend a particular brand or are they all pretty much the same?

Joyce1702
10-16-2006, 08:48 PM
I would guess they all work pretty much the same. I have a Braun Silk-Epil that I bought at Target.

Joyce

Katelyn
10-16-2006, 09:02 PM

I ordered mine form Sears.com Its a Remington soft and silky epilator. e-mail me and, i'll let you know what I think about it when I recieve it.

Sandra
10-17-2006, 04:00 AM

I use a Philips satinelle massage. Of course I use it on Nigella as well not that I like seeing her in pain :devil: