PDA

View Full Version : Is it deceipt?

heathr1
10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Obviously hiding it from a partner/wife is, but is telling parents?

I don't have to tell them what other hobbies/interests I have, be it music, sport etc. so why CDing?

I'm sure we've never discussed ALL their interests.

GG Vanya
10-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I can only relay to you how I handled a situation of this sort with my Father.

My sister outted me to my parents about my involvement in the D/s lifestyle. My Father then sent word that he wanted nothing further to do with me until I had "that evil demon cast out of me".

Time passed, we were estranged for a couple of years~I had moved to FL, which was almost a thousand miles from "home". Mom's health began failing and I would call to check on her. During one of those oh so difficult telephone conversations with my Father I told him: Daddy, I've never asked what you and Mom do in the privacy of your bedroom, I've never considered it to be my concern. I now ask and expect that same courtesy from you."

My husband eventually asked my Father for my hand in marriage, even though I was 40+ years old. My Father respected that and I think it went a long way in his acceptance of me marrying a man who he knew to be "in the lifestyle". I've been married to my husband for seven years and I really can't remember the last time D/s was even hinted at, even though they know the gold choker that has been around my neck for 8 years is significant to him and me. They respect the privacy of our personal life. We moved back here to my home town 4 years ago and see my family on an almost daily basis, and still they maintain that respect.

Trudi is out to her family. She is not out to mine. I feel her privacy falls under a need to know basis, and my family obviously has no need to know the private intimate details of our life together. Should Trudi decide she needs my family to know, I would stand beside her no matter what their reactions might be.

Is this deceit? Absolutely not. They know the man I married to be a good, considerate and caring husband to me, a hard worker/provider, an honorable man, a Godly man, and the absolute love of my life. HE IS ALL OF THESE THINGS. What he is, to me, in addition, is of no consequence to them.

AmberTG
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Vanya, you've said it better than I ever could, thank you!

Bernadina
10-15-2006, 11:06 PM
I never quite understood why a number of us seem compelled to tell our parents, workers, siblings, friends, etc., about us being a CD.

Yes, I think its very important to tell our SO's.

Anyone else...I don't think its really any of their business. However, thats for each of us to decide ourselves.

ambercdraleigh
10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
It's not deceptive at all to not tell your parents about your situation. Your parents should love you regardless of what you say and what you do.

The real question to ask is "why do I feel the need to tell my parents?".

I know that in my case, my Mother would love me regardless of what I told her... but I could do without the endless, confused phonecalls that would ensue!

Kristen Kelly
10-15-2006, 11:25 PM
It's not deceptive at all to not tell your parents about your situation. Your parents should love you regardless of what you say and what you do.

The real question to ask is "why do I feel the need to tell my parents?".

I know that in my case, my Mother would love me regardless of what I told her... but I could do without the endless, confused phonecalls that would ensue!

I don't have a need to tell them but if they were to find out I would sit down with them and talk. My mother would love me no matter what, my father might not understand, but I hope his love would still be there.