PDA

View Full Version : shoping for my wife!

nicolv
10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
when shoping for pants and skirts I tell the salesperson that it is a present for my wife.When being asked about size I tell that we have the same waist and in order to be sure, that it is better to try them!!So it sounds natural to them...........I hope.....not sure......for pants lot easier....but for skirts??.....!!

Julie York
10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
No no no no no.

That's as transparent as...as...as a transparent thing.

The best lie is the confused bumbling "I don't know but her waist size is exactly the same as this piece of string with a knot in it that I made".... sort of thing.

Trying ON clothing would be just ridiculous and no-one with a brain between their ears would believe you were buying for anyone but yourself.

Sandra
10-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Most sales assistants aren't bothered just try them on and stop telling fibs. :) They aren't stupid you know they will realise that the clothes are proably for you and if you do tell them they will be able to help you more.

JamieK
10-16-2006, 03:52 PM
H Luv, and welcome.

try a size chart to get the right size. I know a few sites I found that have a conversion chart for CD's.
If all else fails, do the best you can, and exchange them if they don't fit
Forget the fibs!

Love Ya,
JamieK

EricaCD
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Gotta agree with Julie. That line is not fooling anyone. If you are ok using it, you should be totally ok with telling the SA that the pants are for you. Moreover, that will make it easy to explain skirts!

Erica

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 08:13 PM
My wife works in a retail womens clothes store. She heard that excuse and asked the guy if she was about his size and did he want to try them on. He did and she got a credit card isgn up. And a new customer.....BJ
ps you aren't fooling anyone. She said to add this.

krisybryant
10-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I know I'm hijacking here, but I'm curious, should we try the pants/skirts/shirts (not underware) on in the women's dressing room or the men's? Will most stores let you walk over to men's section with women's clothing to try on?

Karren H
10-16-2006, 08:50 PM
The SA's don't really care. Tell them that they are for you and they will help you and let you try on everything!!!

Love Karren

Jenna1561
10-16-2006, 09:05 PM
I agree - that line isn't fooling anyone. If you have the courage to try them on with that excuse - go ahead and just ask to try them on.

Jenna

Stephenie S
10-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Remember, the SA does this for a living. He/she is there all day everyday. They have heard every silly excuse in the book about "for my sister, cousin, wife, GF", whatever. These excuses are transparent and COMPLETELY unnecessary. These people depend on your buying something to make their paycheck. Often they work on commission. They WANT you to buy something. Let them help you. This will make you both happy.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Emma England
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
An sa has probably seen several trannies already.

Why not tell the truth? They are a stranger to you, so no embaressment should be felt.

And there is the agreement isssue too. i.e. you want to buy, and they want to sell.

Your excuse for not wanting to try a skirt on is silly. It is the same as trying on pants.

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Hi, Nicole!

I tell that we have the same waist and in order to be sure, that it is better to try them!!So it sounds natural to them.!!

The real meaning of any communication event is the outcome that actually occurs. When you use your line about being the same size, you are probably confirming to the SA that you are a crossdresser.

I know how nerve-wracking femme shopping can be, and if it gives you courage, go ahead and say your line, but if you want respect from the SAs avoid telling stories. They only sound pathetic, and give the girls more to giggle about after you've left the store.

Why do you need a story? Do you explain all of your supermarket purchases to the SA at the checkout? Just buy stuff! :D If the SA asks who it's for, take control of the situation & say "It's for me." Act like a customer, and any properly trained SA will serve you like a customer should be served. If you act like an oddball, they'll probably feel entitled to treat you like an oddball, and possibly have a bit of fun at your expense.

I'm just trying to help, & I hope I haven't discouraged you from shopping.

:hugs:

Robin