PDA

View Full Version : Caught shopping by my neighbor!

Tommie Rae
10-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I was at Mervyn's today at lunch, browsing in the women's exercise clothing department when I heard a woman ask "Is that for you?" I didn't pay it any attention, and she asked again. When I looked up it was one of my 75-year old neighbors. I just smiled and said "This would be pretty small on me, now wouldn't it." She smiled and ambled off with her friend, an equally elderly nun from the local convent. The good news: I usually only see this woman a few times a year. The bad news: I'll probably see her in two months at the annual holiday party we attend. The good news: She is 75 after all, and has been known to overindulge in gin-and-tonics, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Oh yeah - I didn't buy any exercise clothes, but I did buy a cute woven sweater with white collar and semi-french cuffs. Just have to wait until my wife is out of town to wear it.

AprilMae
10-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Interesting how we all keep using the word "Caught". As if we were doing something illegal.

liz.thomas
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Interesting how we all keep using the word "Caught". As if we were doing something illegal.

Well, I think she' is referring to this in a way to say "caught doing someting you don't want others to know about". It is bad enough for me to shop for Hose but clothes would be tough...and to get "caught/noticed" doing so by someone you know...no fun.

It is why many are still in the closet persay

Liz

Penny
10-16-2006, 04:58 PM
When she asked if it was for me, I would have said " not until the moon is full"

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Well foothill, now you have to offer to tend bar and mix her a stiff one, so she doesn't remember.
I like Penny's remark too. Has anyone checked to see if we'll have a full moon for Halloween.:devil: ...BJ

KarenSusan
10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I just smiled and said "This would be pretty small on me, now wouldn't it." She smiled and ambled off with her friend

From this answer you gave her, I doubt she gave it a second thought that you might be a CDer.

Jodi
10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
At age 75, she might not remember in five minutes that she even saw you.:happy:

Jodi

Joanie
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I think she' is referring to this in a way to say "caught doing someting you don't want others to know about". It is bad enough for me to shop for Hose but clothes would be tough...and to get "caught/noticed" doing so by someone you know...no fun.

It is why many are still in the closet persay

Liz

That's why I do all my shopping well out of town, I mean really out of town as in the next state because my work causes me to know people all over this place so I drive outside of the range of my in-state clients. A pain, but worth it for peace of mind.

trannie T
10-17-2006, 12:38 AM
I have been almost 'caught' twice while shopping and 'caught' once. A year ago I was browsing in a display of panties, looked up and saw a friend a few feet away. We greeted each other and talked for a minute until she left to catch up with her mother. Nothing has ever been said about our encounter. I should have asked her which ones she liked.

Lisa Golightly
10-17-2006, 01:55 AM
Not a Miss Marple by the sounds... lol... :)

Joy Carter
10-17-2006, 05:07 AM
At age 75, she might not remember in five minutes that she even saw you.:happy:

Jodi

Don't count on it I hear many elderly GOSIPING at the breakfast we have at church.:rolleyes: You would think they would have learned over the years.

ambercdraleigh
10-17-2006, 07:47 AM
You got caught by a nun?! How awful. I'm sure it was embarrassing but I wouldn't worry about it. She probably won't even remember, and it certainly would be a heck of a leap for her to assume that you're a crossdresser just because you were looking at women's clothing. Good luck!

Angie G
10-17-2006, 08:06 AM
I shop were and when I want I it gets back to my wife well she knows so no big deal if they assume it for me who cares I'm beginning to dislike small minded a people :hugs:
Angie

Melanie85
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM

Yes.... interesting point. From this, it would seem that we still have a long way to go before CD'ing is normalized by ourselves and others, both consciously and unconsciously.

bianncats
10-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I was caught by one of my best friends...jeans, women's blouse and nylons and girlie shoes and lipstick at my local grocery.

kerrianna
10-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I got caught intently admiring a silky teddy on display at the entrance of a mall store by a macho co-worker. He said "that colour wouldn't look good on you" <he was wrong> and I kind of chuckled like what a good joke, as if.... But I knew he knew. And then I started wondering if it's because he would do the same? You just never can tell.

Krystenw
10-18-2006, 11:49 PM
I had several days off and decided to spend them all in a dress and full makeup, nails and the works. I was working in the shop and decided I could use something to drink, so off I went into the house. When I walked in the kitchen there were two of my neighbor ladies visiting with my wife. Wasn't much I could do but say Hi and go on with life. I went to fridge and got a soda and got a glass and set down with all three of them and we all had a nice visit. The commented on how nice I looked and when I finished my soda I excused myself and went back to the shop.
Later that afternoon I was back in the living room and I could see them comming up the walk carring a couple bags of things. I still had on a dress but since they had already seen me in it I just answered the door. When I invited them in they handed me four bags of clothes. They said they were too big for them and thought I could use them. They were actually quite nice about the whole thing. Now if I could just get my boss to see the light.

AmberTG
10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
People I know see me shopping in the woman's section fairly regularly, but they know I'm married so I'm guessing they don't think it's for me. sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

suzanne
10-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Just goes to show how much success you can achieve by just continuing once you are spotted. It's like the curtain comes up and YOU'RE ON BABY, ready or not. If you wilt, the audience will know immediately and boo you off the stage. A good performance will be rewarded (by the right audience), as you were.

Congratulations!

shannonsilk
10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
i went to buy foundation at a fancier dept store where i could try some samples. just after i put some on to try the saleslady comes up to ask if she can help, and it's a woman i used to work with some yrs ago. was my face red? a little.

bianncats
10-23-2006, 11:54 PM
i think thats part of why we do it part for us and partially to get noticed...maybe we don't stand out in our male side and we are looking for attention as a female...don't know but I get a thrill out of wearing my girlie things out...it is so emotionally fulfilling.

Billijo49504
10-24-2006, 12:32 AM
I was in a store a while ago, getting two bras, different sizes. The cashier asked which one was for me, and I told her. She got strangely silent, then she said, they really are pretty. I hope your wife likes hers....BJ