PDA

View Full Version : If You Don't Want to Get Caught, You Can Never Be Too Careful

Joanie
10-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Seeing the thread on here about a neighbor "catching" this guy in the Women's Department brought to mind this experience.

Almost twenty years ago, I was absolutely dying to have a makeover, long before the internet age. I couldn't do the department store route as there is not privacy there but called some Color Me Beautiful reps, I think it was them, who worked out of their homes. Remember them, are they still around? I found two women nearby who were willing. Before booking an appointment, I checked a city directory at the public library where streets and the names of homeowners are listed. Color Me Beaut. Woman#1 was two doors down from one of the biggest talkers in the offfice. Then, across town, Color Me Beautiful #2 was on the same street as this guy whom everyone in the office detested!!!! Needless to say, I was not colored beautiful by either lady but if I hadn't taken this precaution and had shown up one Saturday morning at either one and been spotted or if the rep mentioned me to either one, YIKES in the office on Monday morn--color me RED!!! If you want to protect your privacy, be VERY careful!!!!!

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 08:00 PM
But the sad part, you didn't get the makeover. So you were punished for wanting a makeover but not being able to find someone who didn't live near your work. I hope things have improved for you....BJ

Shannen
10-16-2006, 08:07 PM
The only way not to get caught is to not do it.... that's not really an option though is it????

This is good advice. I would never have thought to check out their addresses. I've been thinking currently about trying to find some place to buy makeup from, and of course would need some "advice" on what goes with my skin coloring... Almost went into a place today at an outlet mall but chickened out.

-Shannen

Adrienne Heels
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Shannen, just go to the cosmetics counters in a department store....the SA's will be happy to help you. I go to Clinique in drab or dressed..they don't care, they just want to help

Joanie
10-16-2006, 08:27 PM
But the sad part, you didn't get the makeover. So you were punished for wanting a makeover but not being able to find someone who didn't live near your work. I hope things have improved for you....BJ

Yes, that's the sad part but a happy ending...since last year, I have had three makeovers, all at Merle Norman and all in private. Anybody else like having makeovers just for the fun of it, even if you don't need additional products???

Shannen
10-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Shannen, just go to the cosmetics counters in a department store....the SA's will be happy to help you. I go to Clinique in drab or dressed..they don't care, they just want to help

Thanks for the encouragement Karyn, I'll get there some day!

-Shannen

Karren H
10-16-2006, 08:44 PM
There being careful and being so careful that you don't do anything.....I've move beyond the being careful point long ago.. And I'm having the time of my life...our lives.. Hehehe. And I do try not to out myself. But as I get older it isn't that important any more...

Love Karren

Bobbie cd
10-16-2006, 08:49 PM
There being careful and being so careful that you don't do anything.....I've move beyond the being careful point long ago.. And I'm having the time of my life...our lives.. Hehehe. And I do try not to out myself. But as I get older it isn't that important any more...

Love Karren

So, are you going to apply for that secretary position at work so that you can really lead a double life and kill us all with the suspense? (Inquiring minds want to know!):D

ashleyinwpb
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
I have come very close to getting caught several times, I live in Palm Beach,fl and I'm 26...its hard to shop and find great clothes when your family has been here so long everyone know who you are form the society pages or from your parents...I got a couple of shirts from www.tgtees.com (http://www.tgtees.com) and I can dress with out dressing now and not have to worry about being caught. Regards, Ash....remember wear plenty of war paint...(makeup) its a jungle out there!:devil:

Billijo49504
10-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Well Joanie, here we have to pay $35 to get a makeover from Merl Norman. Plus spend some more for the makeup. They told me I would have to buy atleast 5 products, plus the $35 fee. I thought that was a bit much. I didn't mind buying the products, but to pay the makeover price too, was a bit much...BJ
ps. the Merle Norman stores are privately owned, so different one's have different requirements.