PDA

View Full Version : What to expect...

Katelyn
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone!
Right now except for the online world, the only person that phisically knows that I dress is my girlfriend. We don't live together, so she never sees me when I dress up. I decided to try to jin a local group affiliated with Triess. Right now I'm a little scared to meet that person in real life in a few days. I will meet in a descreet location where I will be screened by 1 person to see if I am elegable to join the group. Can anybody tell me what this first meeting will be like??

Denise400
10-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I wish i could, I would like to join a Tri-ess group as well, but none are up here in northern minnesota that I know of. I dont know what you have to go through to get in.

Katelyn
10-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Find them in a big city in your state, then e-mail them to see if they have anby chaopeters in or near your area. I think the way I found mine was through a google search.

Lori SC
10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
THe interview will likely be very low key and very easy. THe person that will meet you will be very sensitive to your nerves! She was in your place at one time.

It is really a sreening interview to make sure you are who you say you are - A Cd, and not a person trying to cause trouble.

Also they will probably make sure you are a heterosexual CD, since the focus is support for same.

Confidentiallity is paramount to Tri-Ess members, so that's the reason for the screening. The meeting place is not public knowledge.

All Tri-Ess chapters have their own personality. They also vary in activities they sponsor. But meeting with other CDs will make a great difference in your life.

The most difficult thing you will have to do it go to the assigned place and actually say hi. A lot chicken out before the "Hi". The rest will be easy. Don't pass up the opportunity, you won't regret it.

Hugs, Lori:clap:

Phoebe Reece
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Clarissa, there is nothing to be worried about. Interviews are mostly just to make sure that the person who is interested in joining is really the person they say they are. You will need to understand and agree to the rules of the organization before attending any general meetings. Tri-Ess chapters take personal security very seriously and want to make sure security of all the members is protected. Just relax and be yourself. You'll be fine.

trannie T
10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Be careful he may be a member of the Fashion Police, or worse yet a member of the Fashion Secret Police. Or worse yet your old geometry teacher. Seriously just relax, you're getting a chance to meet others just like us. Enjoy!

Billijo49504
10-16-2006, 10:36 PM
We don't have one here, but please let us know how it went for you.I hope things go well for you. Relax and go with the flow. The person you meet has been threw what you are going threw....BJ

Katelyn
10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Thank you for the help and support. I will get bact to you and let you know how it went.

AmberTG
10-16-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd really like to find a group to attend, but the closest on to me, that I know of, is 2-1/2 hours away.

Kate Simmons
10-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Hi Everyone!
Right now except for the online world, the only person that phisically knows that I dress is my girlfriend. We don't live together, so she never sees me when I dress up. I decided to try to jin a local group affiliated with Triess. Right now I'm a little scared to meet that person in real life in a few days. I will meet in a descreet location where I will be screened by 1 person to see if I am elegable to join the group. Can anybody tell me what this first meeting will be like??One reason I won't join groups any more. You have to be screened to see if you meet THEIR criteria? Okay for some maybe but I'm my own person and won't conform to something I'm not for anyone else. I'm all for it for you if it helps you to be comfortable being yourself. This is why I left Renassiance though. I found my own personality was being restricted by trying to fit in someone else's "mold". Plus, they were moving too slow for me being content to have "tea parties" while I wanted to interact with people. Good luck Hon.:happy: Ericka