PDA

View Full Version : Netball Anyone

jaych
10-17-2006, 02:54 AM
For years now i have loved the look and feel of netball skirts. Maybe from watching my sister playing all thous years ago, i just do not know. I have all ways had one or more in my collection. The best type i found was the ones the australian team, witch is a full body suit with a sewn skirt. Haveing seen this i wanted one but knowing they were made to order i was going to have trouble, but hay a few months backs i found one in a second hand shop. Its not a item u sort of buy for a friend as of team styles, anyhow i brought it and love it.
bye for now jaych:love:

lisa68
10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
Sounds interesting, I never seen one. I'll have to look for the sport on tv.

Beth-GDB
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Lisa, think of a sleeveless gymnastic leotard with a short light skirt sewn onto it. That's basically the style Jaych is talking about.

http://www.energetic.com.au/ksm/admin/editor/docs/images/pg_Courtesy_of_Geelong_Independent.jpg

There are also 2 piece versions of the uniforms, reasonably similar to a US style cheerleader uniform.

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I spent many enjoyable hours in my teens watching girls play netball. :happy: All 3 of my sisters played & my Mum was an umpire, and I often went with them. The netball uniforms in the 70s weren't like you describe, Jaych. But some girls sure looked good in them. :)

A few years later, I had a gf who was finishing high school when we started going out. She let me try on her netball uniform, but it was pretty boring & did nothing for my figure. OTOH, I did enjoy wearing her school uniforms. :D

Robin

lisa68
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Ok Beth! Thanks! I see what you mean now. See ya.

jaych
10-25-2006, 12:55 AM
I spent many enjoyable hours in my teens watching girls play netball. :happy: All 3 of my sisters played & my Mum was an umpire, and I often went with them. The netball uniforms in the 70s weren't like you describe, Jaych. But some girls sure looked good in them. :)

A few years later, I had a gf who was finishing high school when we started going out. She let me try on her netball uniform, but it was pretty boring & did nothing for my figure. OTOH, I did enjoy wearing her school uniforms. :D

Robin
yes i too like school uniforms really any sports uniform but anyhow have fun wearing what u like
love jaych

Angela Burke
10-25-2006, 01:09 AM
A netball skirt and gym knickers?
That'll do for me.
Quite nicely!

Beth-GDB
10-25-2006, 02:28 AM
I have three netball skirts and one pair of the knickers. I also have a two-piece tennis outfit. :happy:

jaych
10-25-2006, 04:09 AM
i have a fair number of netball skirts in all sorts of colours. I just picked up my second bodysuit on the weekend. By the way one thing i have all ways liked is the cheerleading outfit, not the cheap dressup one but the real America school ones but living in oz it mite be hard to do.
love jaych

Helen MC
10-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I have netball skirts and also field hockey outfits in different colours and of course the cotton interlock schoolgirl knickers to go with them. I used to borrow and wear my sister's netball, hockey and other PE outfits when I was alosne at home, as well of course as wearing her knickers every day.

Butterfly Bill
10-25-2006, 08:45 PM
When you Ozzies say "netball", do you mean what we Yanks call "volleyball"?

Tedi
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Or maybe tennis??

Rachel Morley
10-25-2006, 09:36 PM
:OMG: tell me about it! There have been many times in my school boy life where I was watching the girls play netball in their cute short skirts! To be honest, it was a combination of normal school boy hetro attraction to them plus a strong desire to be like them. God, what I wouldn't have given to be able to dress up like them and be invited (and accepted) to play on the team with them. :happy:

Beth-GDB
10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
When you Ozzies say "netball", do you mean what we Yanks call "volleyball"?

No, netball is similar to basketball (it was developed from basketball as far as I know). The only nets in netball are the ones around the goal hoops at the ends of the court, like a basketball hoop.

Wikipedia has a better explanation of how it's played than I could give you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netball

A few of the biggest differences between netball and basketball are:
The goal hoop does not have a backboard in netball.
There are 7 players on court for each team.
Only designated players can shoot for goals in netball.
Each player is assigned to a specific area of the court and must stay in that area during the game.
Players cannot run or dribble with the ball when they have it, they must stay in one spot and throw the ball to another player.
The ball cannot be thrown from one end of the court to the other, it must be passed to one of the players in the middle section of the court before being passed to a player at the other end of the court.
There are strict rules about how close an opposing player can get to a player who is holding the ball.

Since you've mentioned vollyball, and this thread is sport uniform related, does anyone here have a femme beach vollyball uniform? *grin*

Angela Burke
10-25-2006, 10:28 PM
No, netball is similar to basketball (it was developed from basketball as far as I know). The only nets in netball are the ones around the goal hoops at the ends of the court, like a basketball hoop.

Wikipedia has a better explanation of how it's played than I could give you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netball

A few of the biggest differences between netball and basketball are:
The goal hoop does not have a backboard in netball.
There are 7 players on court for each team.
Only designated players can shoot for goals in netball.
Each player is assigned to a specific area of the court and must stay in that area during the game.
Players cannot run or dribble with the ball when they have it, they must stay in one spot and throw the ball to another player.
The ball cannot be thrown from one end of the court to the other, it must be passed to one of the players in the middle section of the court before being passed to a player at the other end of the court.
There are strict rules about how close an opposing player can get to a player who is holding the ball.

Since you've mentioned vollyball, and this thread is sport uniform related, does anyone here have a femme beach vollyball uniform? *grin*
a bikini?

jaych
11-05-2006, 02:55 AM
thanks people for telling me of other people liking netball skirts, some gg of mine that know sort of wonder why i like them. It gets all hard to tell people about the thinks u like and wear. Its good to read that other sports are also found a liking from us keep wearing the uniforms as i know i all ways love wearing mine.
lov jaych

Clare
11-05-2006, 04:04 AM
:OMG: tell me about it! God, what I wouldn't have given to be able to dress up like them and be invited (and accepted) to play on the team with them. :happy:It's never too late Angel. I'm 43 and playing mixed netball every Monday night. Ok, the guys don't wear the ladies netball uniform dammit, although I said to the girls that I would wear a skirt with shorts underneath, but they thought I was jesting! However I wear my femme panties and I am also planning to buy woman's netball shoes too.

So i'm kinda there, just quite not wearing the full netballl uniform yet!