PDA

View Full Version : Other Women's Clothes

pedalpusher
10-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Here is a question that I would like to pose to the rest of you wonderful lady's on this forum. Is it acceptable to wear another women's clothes?

I have been dressing for about 25 years now, and I still find myself on occasion dressing in others clothes. I have a nice collection of my own things built up now, however, there are certain articles of clothing that I still find myself putting on that I do not own. Is this ok? The fascination that I have with my future mother-in-laws clothing is to hard for me to resist not wearing. She has very nice vintage shoes and articles of clothing that I truly love to wear when the opportunity presents itself. Maybe I'm crazy, but I am wondering if I am the only person that still snoops around in another lady's clothing??

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated on this subject:happy:

brittanny
10-17-2006, 09:02 AM
I do on occasion to but just mostly my girlfriends stuff and she knows so its ok

Sharoncd
10-17-2006, 09:08 AM
YES it is OK to wear others clothing. GG does it all of the time. The problem is when you wear their clothes, with them not knowing, and mess their clothing up.

I have a confesion for when I was at a friends house and they left me there alone for several hours, watching there kid that was asleep, and I tried on all of her clothing. Well there was this cute little black dress that really drove me crazy when she wore it and I had to try it on. And WOPS the zipper broke. When she threw it away I was at the trash waiting to pick it up.

Karren H
10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Well I think we've all worn other's fem clothing but I think you run the risk of making your future mother-in-law and ex-mother-in-law if caught... Seems very risky!

And you'll hear that its not right to wear other peoples things without their permission.....which is technically correct... But not strictly adheared to by us girls!! Hehehe

So why not get out on Ebay and pickup some of those vintahe things you lack??

Btw. Does your future bride know?

Love Karren

suanne
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I assume you don't have permission. Sure it's ok until you get caught. Buy your own stuff. Then there will be no worries when you rip, tear or trash your own clothing. I still slip on one of my wife's dresses once in awhile. But I am very careful to put it back as I found it. Nasty business being in the closet and wearing another persons clothing that doesn't belong to you. :2c:

Karren H
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Well there was this cute little black dress that really drove me crazy when she wore it and I had to try it on. And WOPS the zipper broke. When she threw it away I was at the trash waiting to pick it up.

You should have the dress repaired and mail it back to her!! Like that TV show where they fix up old stuff junk people throw out and give it back to them! Or send her some money to cover the cost...LBD's aren't cheap!!

Love Karren

geri-tg.
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I have also have wore others clothing.I found myself overtaken with the desire to try on someone elses things.I have wore my sisters and sister in law dresses and heels.Quite a thrill. Geri

celeste26
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
all of us wore others clothes when we began since we didn't have our own femme clothes. But when we grow up and assume responsibility then we buy our own clothes.

If you want to have the same clothes then ask your mother-in-law where she bought them and go there yourself and buy your own. It is the only way to be correct about this issue. Of course if your wife doesn't even know about your "hobby" then like others have said already there is a great risk, dont do it.

Vivian Best
10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I don't have a problem with doing it. Over the years I've done it many times with several different women's clothing.

Tamara Barclay
10-17-2006, 10:05 AM
For myself, there is always a certain thrill with dressing in another womans clothes! I know...it is wrong, but nothing like wearing your wifes best friends wedding dress!!!

Holly
10-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Next time you see you future M-I-L, just ask her, "That's an adorable dress... mind if I try it on?" That should start an interesting conversation.

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 11:00 AM
It's generally considered unethical to use someone else's property without their permission. Wearing someone's clothes, especially intimate garments, is a gross invasion of privacy and not the behaviour of a mature adult.

Most CDers start dressing in borrowed clothes, so it may seem natural to continue this habit once we grow up, but it's not a good way to win friends & influence people. Sure it can be a thrill, but for many people, the thought that some guy has been groping through a GG's clothes looking for erotic tidbits is pretty disturbing, and many people would brand such guy a pervert. :(

I like wearing GGs' clothes, especially if they are my SO's, but it's much nicer if you have their full permission. In fact, the only times I've enjoyed underdressing was wearing my gf's underwear. As others have mentioned, it's like having a hug that lasts all day.:happy:

The last time I wore a GG's clothing without her permission, I was in my early twenties. I had almost no femme clothes of my own at that time, and I just couldn't resist the temptation of what seemed a perfect opportunity. I didn't get caught red-handed, but the lady did realize that her lingerie drawer had been disturbed. :eek: The next time I went to visit that household, her bf simply told me "I don't want you touching ****'s things". I said "Ok", and nothing further was said, but the mood was a bit weird. I only visited them once or twice after that. I lost some good friends over that incident.:(

Robin

melissaabom
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
It all depends on what it may be .I sometimes borrow a blouse or skirt from
my wife ....but I ask first .

We both have a very big wardrobe ..so sharing is economical sometimes

Hugs

Melissa

Joy Carter
10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I have caused her much hurt and while she never said anything directly, she let me know how I have hurt her years after the fact. She said I have stolen her femininity and that she was afraid to buy anything because I might try it on. My advice, get your own gear gurls. Auntie Joy said so !:Angry3:

Josi
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
"Wearing someone's clothes, especially intimate garments, is a gross invasion of privacy and not the behaviour of a mature adult."

I so agree.
How disrespectful.
We all have urges and wants.
Its NOT acceptable to dismiss this invasion of privacy as "well, its Ok because I am a cross-dresser"

Contrary to what some accept to be the "norm" ... because I want to does not equal "I am entitled to".

Have to say .. its just WRONG.
Get a grip!

Makina
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
My wife shares her clothes with me, or should I say, I share mine with her :heehee: She doesn't really like wearing dresses or skirts, and she's afraid to show her (so beautiful) cleavage. But sometimes she dares, and she borrows my feminine clothes. Sometimes she borrows my male clothes too. The only things we can't share (shoes, bras and rings), it's because of the size.

But it's an agreement between my wife and me. I didn't steal her anything

pedalpusher
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Well I think we've all worn other's fem clothing but I think you run the risk of making your future mother-in-law and ex-mother-in-law if caught... Seems very risky!

And you'll hear that its not right to wear other peoples things without their permission.....which is technically correct... But not strictly adheared to by us girls!! Hehehe

Love Karren

My future bride found some things not too long ago, but we have really not talked about it in depth. She asked "What kind of Fetish do you have"?

I think she might have talked to her mom b/c i noticed my stuff was disturbed one day after her mom was over, well in that collection of stuff were a pair of her mom's pumps that I just had to have as I could not find them on ebay. The amazing part, nothing has been said after that day. I really think mom-in-law knows i have been in her stuff before. One last cofession, I snapped the strap on a pair of slingbacks that I liked wearing of mom-in-laws. I used to spend quite a bit of time at my SOs parents house, which led to me playing around in mom's clothes. This has been long after ever starting to CD. The excitement of this is still great for me:happy: I have cut back tremendously though in the last year, and have continued to expand my own wardrobe.

Josi
10-17-2006, 02:56 PM
"I used to spend quite a bit of time at my SOs parents house, which led to me playing around in mom's clothes. This has been long after ever starting to CD. The excitement of this is still great for me"

I dont understand the pride you take in sharing something which is so inappropriate.
Dont you get it?
Its wrong!

RebeccaLynne
10-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Permission is a prerequisite. Without same, you are infringing on anothers personal space. There are no mitigating factors. Just don't do it. Buy your own clothes!

sparks
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I have caused her much hurt and while she never said anything directly, she let me know how I have hurt her years after the fact. She said I have stolen her femininity and that she was afraid to buy anything because I might try it on. My advice, get your own gear gurls. Auntie Joy said so !:Angry3:

As tough as it is I have to agree with Auntie Emme. It really can hurt people and can violate them in ways we never would have considered. Tread lightly.

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
My future bride found some things not too long ago, but we have really not talked about it in depth. She asked "What kind of Fetish do you have"?

I think you owe it to your fiancee to have an in-depth talk. Frankly, I'm amazed she trusts you at all. :(

in that collection of stuff were a pair of her mom's pumps that I just had to have as I could not find them on ebay.

You not only "borrow" your future MIL's stuff, but you also steal items??? From your attitude, you're beginning to sound like a sociopath to me... :(

Robin

pedalpusher
10-17-2006, 03:26 PM
The last time I wore a GG's clothing without her permission, I was in my early twenties. I had almost no femme clothes of my own at that time, and I just couldn't resist the temptation of what seemed a perfect opportunity. I didn't get caught red-handed, but the lady did realize that her lingerie drawer had been disturbed. :eek: The next time I went to visit that household, her bf simply told me "I don't want you touching ****'s things". I said "Ok", and nothing further was said, but the mood was a bit weird. I only visited them once or twice after that. I lost some good friends over that incident.:(

Robin

Might want to think some more on your advice in your last post, sounds like temptation was tough here for you!!! Your attitude is portraying a sociopath a little here as well:confused:

Snookums
10-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't,my SO is 5'tall and 85 pounds,her stuff would never fit me,so I buy my own.

GG Vanya
10-17-2006, 03:41 PM
OK, so far we have:

no respect for privacy and/or personal items belonging to others
a lack of honesty with your girlfriend (omission of the facts is dishonest)
stealing items belonging to your future MIL (the pumps)
damaging items belonging to your future MIL

and, absolutely NO remorse???

and to top it off:

i noticed my stuff was disturbed one day after her mom was over, well in that collection of stuff were a pair of her mom's pumps

:rolleyes: YOUR stuff was disturbed? sounds to me like it was MIL's stuff

you're lucky MIL didn't call the police and have you arrested for theft

I pity your SO. :thumbsdn: :rolleyes:

Joy Carter
10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=GG Vanya;596533]

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" absolutely NO remorse???""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

No Vanya I feel like an absolute crumb ! I have hurt the one who has meant the most to me and I never thought to realize what I was doing. I guess I was just to embarrassed to buy my own things. Besides I did wag my finger at the the other gurls.:o

Lisa Golightly
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Actually I find clothes a very personal thing... I have never worn anyone elses clothes, and I hope no-one has worn mine... apart from those I have given away... there was a spate of Male mathom give aways :)

lawnmanmo
10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi girls.
Now this is interesting.....I heard from a few CD friends of mine in the past that wearing the clothes of another women has a certain erotic effect on some CDs. I have heard that those CDs that have purchased dresses or skirts and blouses and even heels from thrift shops and KNOWING that they were once owned by some GGs are brought to a very high erotic state of mind and sexual awareness at this fact, that they are wearing HER clothes and therefor have some special connection to that wearer. I know that this is alot over my head as far as the "WHYS", but I do know from talking to many CD friends of mine that this condition actually exists. And I do know that many CDs will not admit to enjoying the "feeling"
Jerry

GG Vanya
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=GG Vanya;596533]

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" absolutely NO remorse???""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

No Vanya I feel like an absolute crumb ! I have hurt the one who has meant the most to me and I never thought to realize what I was doing. I guess I was just to embarrassed to buy my own things. Besides I did wag my finger at the the other gurls.:o

No no no no no Joy! I didn't mean YOU! I was directing those comments at the pedal pumping person. :hugs:

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
The last time I wore a GG's clothing without her permission, I was in my early twenties. I had almost no femme clothes of my own at that time, and I just couldn't resist the temptation of what seemed a perfect opportunity.

Might want to think some more on your advice in your last post, sounds like temptation was tough here for you!!! Your attitude is portraying a sociopath a little here as well:confused:
That shameful incident was over twenty years ago. True, I was old enough at the time to know better. But I've admitted that what I did was wrong. And I feel remorse for what I've done. You don't seem to understand that it's wrong, and you don't appear to have any remorse. That's the difference.

The more modern term for sociopathy is antisocial personality disorder. From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental and behavioral disorders, defines antisocial personality disorder as a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
reckless disregard for safety of self or others
consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain steady work or honor financial obligations
lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another
Robin

AprilMae
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Wearing someone else's things without their consent is Wrong. Plain and Simple. Most of us have done it, at least in the beginning but it still is a No No.

pedalpusher
10-17-2006, 04:55 PM
That shameful incident was over twenty years ago. True, I was old enough at the time to know better. But I've admitted that what I did was wrong. And I feel remorse for what I've done. You don't seem to understand that it's wrong, and you don't appear to have any remorse. That's the difference.

Robin

Point me to anywhere in a post where I said that "I don't seem to understand that it's wrong"???? Never came on here and said it was right, you read that the way you wanted to read it hun???+? Where did you express your remorse??? I'm confused on your remorse?? Remorse on your part wasn't mentioned until your very last post. Guess what, your just as guilty whether it was yesterday or 40 years ago!!

Enough said, as I said before, I have been building my own wardrobe for quite sometime which has eliminated the curiosity of others clothes, but don't come on here and act like your completely innocent.

Robin Leigh
10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
For someone with remorse, you don't seem to be sorry for what you've done.

I posted my story to show that I do understand the temptation, but that it's also possible to have enough maturity & self-control to resist that temptation. You seem to think it's just a game, or something... Instead of behaving remorsefully, you continue to defend your actions. :(

Robin

Joanie
10-17-2006, 05:33 PM

Love Karren

Just gotta to say, it's funny to hear you talking about something being too risky where crossdressing is concerned after reading about your daredevil exploits on here! Perhaps we can write a book?...."Risk Management and Crossdressing: An Actuarial View"

pedalpusher
10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I posted my story to show that I do understand the temptation, but that it's also possible to have enough maturity & self-control to resist that temptation.

Robin

So you were missing this in your early 20s+?

Kate Simmons
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Why on Earth would I want to wear someone else's clothes? It's hard enough keeping up with my own. I have so much stuff I've never worn. I don't get it, could it be part of the "forbidden temptation" scenerio? In my case, it all ties in with me being my own person. Okay, I won't continue to beat that to death. "Nuff said!":happy: Ericka

GG Vanya
10-17-2006, 08:12 PM

Is there a particular reason you're attempting to put the focus on Robin's indiscretion instead of yours? After all, it's *your* thread wherein you've revealed your own multiple indiscretions, no?

trannie T
10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Just about all of us started by wearing mom's or sister's stuff. It was wrong then to steal from them, it is wrong now to steal from the mother in law. It's time to be a big girl and buy your own panties.

Robin Leigh
10-18-2006, 05:39 AM

Yes. :( I was also involved with hard drugs back then (but that's no excuse).
I've changed. You can, too.

If the shoe fits, wear it. But ask first. :D

Robin

Helen MC
10-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Why not? As another poster said, it is how most of us started by borrowing clothes for some female relative, usually a family member, in my case my big sister and my mother.

When married I shared a lot of my clothing with my now ex-wife, we took the same size and liked the same styles. All I would say is that is you do not have permission be sure not to damage or soil the item borrowed.

Kaitlyn
10-18-2006, 09:54 AM
my ex used to always put out her clothes for me to wear. everything from her bra to her jeans and socks. it was great while it lasted. but if I ever wanted to wear something of hers I would ask, she would smile and hand it over.:o

Joyce1702
10-18-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree that it's not right to wear someone else's clothing without their permission.

But one thing I like is buying used clothing from a thrift shop or eBay. Sometimes, the fact that it belonged to and was worn by a woman makes it more appealing than if it just came off a rack, brand new.

Joyce

Angela Burke
10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
It's interesting reading about the idea of someone getting an "extra thrill"
when wearing something bought from a thrift store because it's been
previously worn by a woman.
How do you know?
Do they give guarantees?
I've given tons of stuff to thrift shops.
So it could be one of my old skirts you're getting excited about!

GG Vanya
10-19-2006, 12:19 AM
It's interesting reading about the idea of someone getting an "extra thrill"
when wearing something bought from a thrift store because it's been
previously worn by a woman.
How do you know?
Do they give guarantees?
I've given tons of stuff to thrift shops.
So it could be one of my old skirts you're getting excited about!

Touche' !!!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :lol: :lol2:

That whole idea of preferring second hand clothes that a GG has worn kinda "squicks" me TBH.

I guess that could be an idea for an Ebay Store. Buy clothes, wear 'em once and sell 'em to CDs. "Genuine GGs Clothes"! I'd have to pad the price to include dry cleaning though. Which gives me another squick, to think that those clothes you buy in thrift stores are unlaundered. Is *that* part of the thrill???? <shudder>

And before you get your minds in the gutter, NO, I AM NOT thinking about Undies! BLECH!

Robin Leigh
10-19-2006, 06:52 AM
That whole idea of preferring second hand clothes that a GG has worn kinda "squicks" me TBH.
Fair enough. But what's "squick" to you is a turn-on to others. I find it fascinating that we all seem to believe in this kind of "magic", whether consciously or subconsciously. I do like to wear clothes of GGs I'm attracted to. It's nice to wear second-hand clothes previously worn by GGs, but it's no big deal to me. And, as previously noted, if you're buying in a CD-friendly thrift store, there's a good chance the garment was previously owned by a CD anyway.

One of my 3 sisters knows about Robin, and she has given me some great things over the years. It feels nice to be treated like a sister. Most CDs start with their mother's, sister's or cousin's clothes. If the crossdressing is an erotic activity, I imagine that most of us try to mentally avoid the incestuous implications of this... My sisters can wear each other's stuff without being seen as incestuous lesbians, so why should I be seen as kinky if I want to join in on the fun? :)

What I'm tryting to get at is that we CDs learn to home in on the "good vibes" we get from the clothes and to ignore the unsavoury aspects. Would I wear something that belonged to Marilyn Monroe? In a New York minute! :happy: Would I wear a beautiful dress, once worn by a politician I strongly disagree with? I could probably cope. But if it was a garment from someone creepy, like that mad Roumanian woman Ceausescu, I wouldn't even touch it. :eek:

I guess that could be an idea for an Ebay Store. Buy clothes, wear 'em once and sell 'em to CDs. "Genuine GGs Clothes"!
I bet your E-Bay store could be a big winner, with the right marketing. If you could guarantee that all items had been worn by delicious babes engaged in quintessentially feminine activities, you'd have it made. :D

I'd have to pad the price to include dry cleaning though. Which gives me another squick, to think that those clothes you buy in thrift stores are unlaundered. Is *that* part of the thrill???? <shudder>
Of course it's part of the thrill. But there's also a practical aspect to it. Male body odour is pretty distinctive. A CD can acquire a tiny bit of female body odour from unlaundered GG clothes. I don't think they sell "Girl BO" on Ebay... :D

However, I've never seen dirty clothing in a thrift store here in Australia. I expect if they receive dirty items & the cleaning cost can't be justified, the items get recycled rather than reused.

And before you get your minds in the gutter, NO, I AM NOT thinking about Undies! BLECH!
I've seen a second-hand clothing store in one LGBT district selling used underwear, although I'm sure it's not actually legal. You can't even return or exchange undies here.

Robin