PDA

View Full Version : Can a girl have too many clothes?

Emma England
10-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I have worn panties for many years, but only since this summer have I bought some skirts.

Is it possible to have too many clothes?
I guess what I am asking really is whether shopping is addictive?

The last time I shopped I wore a denim skirt, and ended up buying 2 skirts and a cami.
I said to the sa that I will be back. She said that she hoped so. Now I am not one for breaking promises, so I feel I have to visit the same store again.

I love it when shops bring out new fashions. When there is something new, it makes me want to buy more.

I try to keep my spending to a manageable level, which makes buying clothes more special when the time comes again.

Am I making any sense here or not?

nikki smith
10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
thats a silly question never never never to many clothes:love:

Charleen
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
No!

hotbobbie
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
My spending is for SHOES SHOES SHOES

KarenSusan
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
To answer your question: No. But I am filling two closets now and have got to start donating to Goodwill in order to make room for anymore.

Peg
10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Honey , a girl can never have too many clothes or shoes , shop shop shop , and have fun doing it i just started my wardrobe and have 10 skirts , 13 tops , and 3 capris . oh ya 3 dresses. Peg:hugs:

LindaTS
10-17-2006, 12:41 PM
A woman can never have too many clothes. I have a walkin closet filled with my clothes but this doesn't include any of my sweaters which I keep in another place, but my shoes, over 50 pairs, are in the closet. Should I buy more? Of course I should.

Siobhan Marie
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree with all of you. A girl can never have too many clothes. Like one of the other girls I've barely started my wardrobe although I have enough panties and nighties to refloat the Titanic and one bra, oh and one pair of heels and will be adding to it as the finances allow me too. Although I did buy two gorgeous tops from a favourite seller on eBay recently.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

Snookums
10-17-2006, 03:38 PM
of course she can,you will know this when there is no longer any room in your closet:D

Kimberly
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
When you find a top or skirt you haven't worn in about 6 months -- you have too many clothes. Let go!

sky0629
10-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Never, Never, Never

Lisa Golightly
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes, it is possible to have too many clothes. As my fitted wardrobes have just pulled away from the walls I think they are trying to tell me something...

carol ann
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
2 reasons you can have too many

1. Nowhere to keep them
2. Family suffering because they cost too much

Paula G
10-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Too many clothes? What's that?

As long as there are thrift stores then there is no such thing to me.

Jodi Lynn
10-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Never !!!!!!!!!!!

Peg
10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
run out of room build another closet . :devil: Peg

Cami_wi
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
N0 ABSOLUTLY NO WAY a gir can have too much clothes But we all do run into not enough space to hang them all. I have 2 1/2 Closets of clothes. I do go thru and thin them each Season of the year, 4 times a year, We need the EMPTY 20 % Empty space to allow for your New Clothes after a nice shopping trip for the new Seasonal Clothes.

Enjoy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cami

sissystephanie
10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
NEVER!!!

I thought my dear departed wife had lots of clothes and shoes. But when I started clearing them out and moving mine from storage I found out I had way more of both. I have 3 storage closets in the basement filled to capacity with clothes and shoes on the bottom of each closet. Three (3) bedrooms and the closets in each one have a lot of feminine items hanging in them. Guess who they belong to? Only question is, what do I tell my grown up daughter if she starts looking for something to wear? She doesn't know I crossdress, at least not yet! I already lost a pretty blouse (mine) to my sister-in-law who thought it was my wife's (her sister). I couldn't tell, "no, you can't have that blouse because it is mine." Oh, the trials and tribulations of being feminine!

Sissy

More Girl than man

Glenda58
10-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Same here when my wife pass away I had all of her cloths and she was my size. For a month it was great. Then her daughters came and took them all. So now it's buy buy buy have one walkin closet full working on th other one.

Jenna1561
10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Simply put and as others have emphatically said.

Now, the unspoken crisis we face is of Not Enough Closet Space.

Jenna

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Well when you run out of closet space... ;)

But seriously, as Carol Ann mentioned, if it's taking away money that should be spent on other things, like stuff for the family, paying off credit cards, etc.

Shopping can indeed be addictive. A recent study (http://www.forbes.com/health/2006/10/02/men-shopping-addiction-life-health_cx_em_1003buyer.html) estimates 1 in 20 Americans (both women and men) are compulsive shoppers who buy stuff they may not even need or want to the point of causing problems in their lives.

A good rule of thumb to consider following is that if you get something new, something old has to go. Really helps figure out if something's really worth getting. Another good rule of thumb I got from a female friend is to set aside a small part of your clothing budget (for example, 10%) for trendy stuff -- so you can still have fun, but not blow your budget on stuff that will be out of fashion next year.

ColleenCD
10-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I have a rule for my drab clothes, if I haven't worn it in a year, it needs to go to charity. Someone in need can use it. I don't have that many femme clothes to give out, but the rule stays.

Colleen

Barb Valentine
10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
I hate to answer a question with another question
But can to ever have enough money
Of course not

Tiana
10-21-2006, 05:08 AM
simple answer is no, every item you buy is special and i believe us tv's appreciate feminine clothing more than our SO's x

officegirlcd
10-21-2006, 05:52 AM
i cant stop buying clothes. ihave to buy at least one item a week.

emma xx

PatriciaCD
10-21-2006, 07:41 AM
We can never have too many clothes.:D

shannonsilk
10-21-2006, 03:49 PM
it is so true that women need a lot more clothes (and shoes) than men. skirts and dresses and everything else.
but only if it doesn't cut into the rent money.

SherriePall
10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
This is a question that many GG's ask. The stores and fashion people would like you to believe that you can never have enough. Too many of us just love to shop. I'm one. Two things slow me down -- my wife and money.

Amy Hepker
10-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Are you Kidding, every time I get depressed, I need to shop for more things for my inner self. I have about 20 skirts, 30-40 Blouses, and about 40 Dresses. I love dresses. Today I was at a thrift store and picked up one of the best dresses I have. It is a lighter polyester dress with a flower pattern with a very fitted bodice and a semi high neck that zips up the back. I wasn't sure it was going to fit, so I quick ran into the dressing room when nobody was looking and tried it on. Still not sure I bought it anyway. I came out of the dressing room and got the strangest look from a younger girl that was shopping. She looked at me and then the dress and headed the other way (oh yes I was dressed in Male clothing). It was quite a thrill. When I got home I tried it on with my bra and boobs and it fit like it was made for me. If fit and conformed to my body something wonderful. I just Love it. Can you have to many Female clothes? Maybe and maybe not. I love all my Female clothes and wish I could dress ALL the Time 24/7.
GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
AMY

Sejd
10-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi Emma
Everything is addictive if you are an addict!
My mom always said, "Everything in moderation"
she' s now 86, practice yoga, bikes and still smokes 5 a day plus drinks moderately.
I think that's good advice!
hugs
Sejd

Joy Carter
10-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Who ever dies with the most clothes wins :D

REBECCA62
10-22-2006, 05:50 AM
no, no, no. as everyone else has said its the space and the money that can be a pain. i could fit all my drab clothes in a couple of drawers, ive just moved to a new house with a 14 foot sq. bedroom which has a loveley recess in one corner . ive just got 4 large mirror doors and nowi cant wait to turn it into a walk in wardrobe *** make-up area. perfect for all my nice things. if i still need more space suppose i could get rid of the drawers and put the drab gear in a carrier bag :-) oh!. to win a million and buy a house with a full room as a walk-in, that would be heaven.

Deanna2
10-23-2006, 05:43 AM
What a preposterous notion? A girl with too many clothes, indeed. How could such an idea have occurred to you? And shopping is not addictive. It is quite normal so long as you don't inhale.

jsarah
10-23-2006, 05:53 AM
Too many clothes...please can I have too many? The wardrobe still has room.... let me get to the stage where I have no closet space left and I'll let you know.

....though I am pretty sure the answer will still be no ;)