PDA

View Full Version : Coming out

noname
10-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I decided to write about my recent experience coming out. Let me clairfy. This really isn't about coming out, well I guess you could call it that. This is really more about letting other know who I am. I go out nearly every day in feminine item, but no one i knew except the wife. So how did this all start.

One early Saturday morning the doorbell rang. I answered the door. It was my sister ( she lives a couple towns away ) and there I was standing there with my pink and green plaid pajamas and my green / silver color changing nail polish on my toes. So why did I answer the door that way? As time has gone on I have quit caring as much, and I've felt this build up on letting people know about me. Anyway back on track. She almost immediately exclaims how cute my pj's are. Thanks I said, she also said the nail polish color actually works for me.

Whew! ok that seemed to go ok, but she is a loud mouth. Let a few weeks pass, and I'm wearing girls baby blue hawaiiain print surf shorts ( I don't mind short but they don't have to go to my calf ) along with bright green toe nail polish. My wife and I are about to get out of my car and there is someone from church waving hi. My wife says, get back in the car. So they are talking in the parking lot and I'm siting in the car. Finally I thought, screw it I'm not going to hide who I am, besides really, what is she going to do about? So I get out, we all wanter around the store a bit, and I eventually go my own way and go to the book store.

So I'm at the book store browsing books, there is our friend again to let me know her and my wife are getting coffee and I can join them. She really acted normal, but the whole time I was left wonder what she was thinking. So while were having coffee, they decided to come over to our house the next week with a few other people from church. So lets fast forward a couple of weeks.

I felt I should not have to redo my nails just for someone coming over. Now a couple of the people coming over are big mouths. I have my bright green toe nails and stretch flare jeans. Once again, I said screw it, let's see what happens. Initially one of the gals that was over stared for a few seconds but it quickly faded and everyone had a good night. However, I was left to wonder, how quick will this travel? Who will they tell? Who will I hear about it from? Guess what? I never heard anything. I have a hard time believing they didn't find it odd. Or maybe, they figure it was serious enough they dare not tell anyone out of respect for me? Or... Maybe the told people and no one dare say anything to me? I have no idea.

Hold on here, this just gets better. I recently called an old friend I know and his wife answered the phone. Almost the first thing I heard was, "I know all about your vacation" What do you mean I ask. Your sister told me she said. Told you what? All about your purple speedos and purple nail polish. ( I was not wearing nail polish on vacation ) What are you talking about? We go back and forth a bit. I admitted to getting manicures, and when it came to the speedo I said, yeah so? I'm 3000 miles from home, it's a different culture there and no one cares. Still I was pretty upset, why should that really be an issue.

Feeling bold I called another friend I knew, and told them how rediculous it was that someone would care about a speedo in a very tropical place. Wow did this guy have it out. Duuuude! No way, that is like yuke, totally disgusting, man that is so wrong, that is something a little gay boy would do. Again, I say what? You are sick man, why would you wear womens bikini bottoms. I told him go to speedo.com and click on mens. We railed on for about 10 minutes on how only a gay would wear womens bikini and must be gay trying to attract women. After 10 minutes of railing he "had to go" Ignore the fact this pervert asked me to take pics of womens butts before I left, going on and on about hot chicks wearing thongs. To which I told him to buy his own ticket cause I was not about to do that. What a hypocrite. I did harasse him back, saying that I'm going to start sending him red neck jokes in his email, as well saying, hey ma look! my shorts go all the way to my calf. lol

So I'm not sure where all of this is going but we will see. I know at times I wonder if I belong here as I wonder if I am the most mild dresser here. I think one thing is for sure, I'm finding and will continue to find out who my real friends are.