PDA

View Full Version : Ooops, Do They Know My Femme Name Now?

Clare
10-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Ok, so we were bored at work last week and I said to the girls that I'd like to have a female name instead of my male name. They really got into the topic and I’ve had them guessing what it could be ever since.

The first hint was that it was a Welsh(?) name and not usually associated with boys here in Australia. The second hint was that it had five letters. The third hint was that the name started with the letter "C".

Well today one of the girls asked if it was CLARE, but before I could answer, the other girl said it was wrong because Clare was a six letter name (I'm assuming "Claire" is what she thinks the spelling is). Whew, and I said I’d be honest and tell them if they guessed the name, but technically they have yet to get it "right".

They've both said when they figure out my girl name, they'll then call me that at work! Actually, I think that would be nice. :D

Anyway, just to add spice to the situation, a guy called on the phone today at work and the girl who answered it came over after the call and said his name was Christine - she gave me a wry look and said "is this a conspiracy with you blokes?" :eek: Considering the circumstances, I wasn't sure how to respond.

So has anyone else tempted fate by dropping hints of an alternative lifestyle to colleagues or friends in this way?

PS: My fellow co-workers know I wax my entire body, wear earrings, etc,,, so maybe they are starting to wonder about me!

Robin Leigh
10-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Ok, so we were bored at work last week and I said to the girls that I'd like to have a female name instead of my male name. They really got into the topic and I’ve had them guessing what it could be ever since.
You play dangerous games, Clare! :)

Anyway, just to add spice to the situation, a guy called on the phone today at work and the girl who answered it came over after the call and said his name was Christine - she gave me a wry look and said "is this a conspiracy with you blokes?" :eek: Considering the circumstances, I wasn't sure how to respond.

Maybe the guy's name was Chris Dean, like the famous ice skater. :D When I was a young teenager, one of the boys in my neighbourhood was named Chris Dean. He used to get teased about it all the time. His sister's name was Victoria, so her initials were V.D. Some parents are so cruel... :heehee:

My fellow co-workers know I wax my entire body, wear earrings, etc,,, so maybe they are starting to wonder about me!
I think they would be.

:hugs:

Robin

Margaret
10-18-2006, 06:18 AM
I haven't given any clues as to my femme name but I do have an enigmatic hotmail address, which two gg friends know about. Only one has figured it out completely and knows the extent of my crossdressing.

Jenna1561
10-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Well, I haven't talked about my fem name with anyone not in the know, however, after a session online here at cd.com, I sent an email post to another group and I signed it with my fem name. Ouch!

Realized it after I saw the post online, but couldn't do anything about it then. Just hoped no one would really notice. Not to be. After 2 posts inquiring about that. I responded that at the time I was posting it I was having a discussion with my daughter and typed her name as I was talking to her and had her in my thoughts.

Don't know whether it really worked, but nothing was ever said about it again.

Jenna

Paula Thomas
10-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Robin - Re "Maybe the guy's name was Chris Dean, like the famous ice skater. When I was a young teenager, one of the boys in my neighbourhood was named Chris Dean. He used to get teased about it all the time. His sister's name was Victoria, so her initials were V.D. Some parents are so cruel...".

My wife grew up knowing a family named Popp.

They named one son "Soda" and one daughter "Lolly" ("Lolli"?)).

Note - This is true (not my standard joking).

Paula Thomas
10-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Robin - There was also a Country song by Jonny Cash - "A Boy Named Sue".

nikki smith
10-18-2006, 12:03 PM
i came out to my family ( mum and sisters dad died ten years ago ) since then they all call me nicole it was the best thing i ever done . as i started a new job about a month ago i feel that i don't know people well enough to tell them so it feel weird to be called my male name :love:

Sarah Rabbit
10-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Ahh Clare, if you are going to play that game with the girls, you should play fair:happy: She guessed your name was Clare, and you should have given it to her. You wussed out on a technicality.:p

Sarah R. :bunny:

Jasmine Ellis
10-18-2006, 04:50 PM
are you trying to tell them you cross dress........cos, before long I would say if they don't already know, they will very soon

Lisa Golightly
10-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Lot's of people call me Lisa... Always makes me smile when one of my macho friends shouts 'Oi, Lisa... Pint?' and everyone looks around at me... lol... :)

Lotte L
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
For 10 yers ago my pregnant collegue was discussing names for her new baby. I suggested Charlotte because it would be my name if I was a girl. Since then she cals me Lotte when we are among us. Her daughters name is Charlotte and therefor I realy love her. I think she knows about me beein CD.

Lotte

hotbobbie
10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't think they are wondering about you i think they know.

CharleneCD
10-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Clare, I wear non male prints and colors of scrubs to work (even pink) and also wear earings 99% of guys wouldn't think of wearing. I think some of us just hit a point where we just dont want to hide it any longer and slowly start to out ourselves.

I cant say exactly what the gals at your job are thinking ( they seem to like you though), but I know the ones at my job do wonder. I have been told the "is he gay" question has come up. Since my wife works at the same place though I am pretty sure that that one has been discarded. I have a feeling though that soner or later someone will guess.

As for guesses, I agree you got out of the name guess on a technicality.

Glad to hear things are going well for you, and that you are feeling comfortable enough to take risks with your fem identity.

Shelly Preston
10-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Ahh Clare, if you are going to play that game with the girls, you should play fair:happy: She guessed your name was Clare, and you should have given it to her. You wussed out on a technicality.:p

This is true but you can always let it run for a while and then tell them they had it. but did not spell it right it will make them try again.

Tina Dixon
10-18-2006, 07:06 PM
They don't have a clue about me at work, or do they?

Agles
10-18-2006, 08:23 PM
sometimes i think some of the people i work with know, or atleast think im gay. as i work with all women. why do i put up with it, why do i start to act as if i want to say something in a conversation that no man has a reason being in, i dont defent men and some of the things they do. also i get called ma'am over the headset and dont say anything about it. i dont take about myself as well so alot of me is a mystory. even after working with some of these people as long as 4 years now. as well there are 2 tgs who come through our drivethrough and i dont say anything to the extent. though many laugh about it and such as the one fails very badly. i just stand there and do my job dealing with something that really hurts, even if there not laughing at me. if i came out would i be looked at in the same way? would they poke fun of me for my life style.
i in no way am coming out there. i this is something i down right fear. so i just sit nether dinning or conforming this to anyone there. letting people think what they want.

='.'=
Jamie

trannie T
10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I know a man named Claire, it may be another name that can be used by either sex. Remember "Pat" on Saturday Night Live?

Jodie_Lynn
10-19-2006, 12:32 AM
At work, the computer admin created a work profile for me. To access the programs I have to type my user name, and a password.

The user name he chose??

Joe D

:D

Sarah Rabbit
10-19-2006, 01:00 AM
This is true but you can always let it run for a while and then tell them they had it. but did not spell it right it will make them try again.You have got a wicked sense of humour girl:D:D

Clare
10-19-2006, 03:27 AM
This is true but you can always let it run for a while and then tell them they had it. but did not spell it right it will make them try again.Ok girls, I was just having an extra day's fun with them. This morning at work I told them that they had guessed the name with the wrong spelling. After that, it only took them a minute to figure out it was Clare!

They said they liked it (Clare that is). I then asked them what male name they would have if given a choice. Two of them said Ben and Brendan, so now we're calling each other by these new names, but I think the novelty will wear off soon anyways... but it is a very satisfying feeling to be called by your femme name tho!

Some background to this story. Last week we were talking about baby names and I mentioned that I liked many female names and that I would actually like to have one - which is how the guessing game started. It was always my intention to sorta get the girls to call me CLARE without actually suspecting crossdressing as the motivation. Seems to have worked out well.

I think some of us just hit a point where we just dont want to hide it any longer and slowly start to out ourselves.

... that you are feeling comfortable enough to take risks with your fem identity.Yes, I think I'm skating on thin ice sometimes! Now what do I do next to reveal Clare a little more?

Robin Leigh
10-19-2006, 05:24 AM
My wife grew up knowing a family named Popp.

They named one son "Soda" and one daughter "Lolly" ("Lolli"?)).

That is cruel, though not as bad as the German couple that wanted to name their daughter Hitlerina... :eek:

Robin - There was also a Country song by Jonny Cash - "A Boy Named Sue".

I remember it well. It was on the radio when I was about 10. I could kind of relate to that song. I sometimes felt embarrassed having Robin Leigh as a middle name.

Robin