PDA

View Full Version : My shrink denied me a 'sex change'!

susan howard
10-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I haven't subscribed to or started threads for quite a while.

I feel a bit stupid really I have let a shrink affect my feminity following gender reassignment assessment. She (The Shrink) has decided that I am not suitable for treatment and suggests that I just 'carry-on' as a CD. Cheeky cow! I wouldn't mind but she looked as though she could do with a sex change herself. (She would look far better as a man! She already has a beard)

I haven't dressed for quite a while and have stopped shaveing my body hair and legs.

Her decision has affected me in that I feel cheated, even though I now agree with her.

Love,

Susan.

Annaliese
10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I haven't subscribed to or started threads for quite a while.

I feel a bit stupid really I have let a shrink affect my feminity following gender reassignment assessment. She (The Shrink) has decided that I am not suitable for treatment and suggests that I just 'carry-on' as a CD. Cheeky cow! I wouldn't mind but she looked as though she could do with a sex change herself. (She would look far better as a man! She already has a beard)

I haven't dressed for quite a while and have stopped shaveing my body hair and legs.

Her decision has affected me in that I feel cheated, even though I now agree with her.

Love,

Susan.

You are letting someone tell you what to do find another Shrink just because they have an PHD does not meen they know anything.

Anna

Sharon
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I feel a bit stupid really I have let a shrink affect my feminity following gender reassignment assessment. She (The Shrink) has decided that I am not suitable for treatment and suggests that I just 'carry-on' as a CD.

Love,

Susan.

If you now agree with her, then I don't know why you're upset. It sounds like you had a good therapist to me.

Ashley in Virginia
10-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I have to agree with Sharon. What were her reasons for denying you? We aren't getting the whole story here.

susie bear
10-18-2006, 02:26 PM
If you now agree with her, then I don't know why you're upset. It sounds like you had a good therapist to me.

I have to agree with Sharon. I don't see any problem as long as you don't want to go thru with the SRS. Enjoy crossdressing and go on with your life.

susie bear

Snookums
10-18-2006, 03:54 PM
You are letting someone tell you what to do find another Shrink just because they have an PHD does not meen they know anything.

Anna

I'm a service connected veteran,and have been dealing with VA shrinks for a long time,I never allow them to tell me what to do,or what lifes about they have no clue.
Personally I think shrinks are frauds,doctors way to incompetant to be real doctors,and all VA doctors are losers way to incompetant to be in private practice,you cannot sue a government doctor for malpractice,and just for the record,to date every diagnosis by VA doctors regarding my health has been wrong and to date the meds they give me for health problems caused by the meds they give me,have ruined my health even more.
PHD stands for,Piled Higher and Deeper.

Karren H
10-18-2006, 04:01 PM
You didn't call her a cow before she made her decision??

Sounds like new therapist or a second opinion is waranted!!

Love Karren

janedoe311
10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Have you heard this

AS: All shit
BS: We all know what that means.
MS: More of the same
PHD: Piled Higher and deeper:heehee:

Most of the people I know with a pile of degrees have little common sense and no practical skills.

I can do just about anything but have no degrees.

These people with PHD have an ego to match.

Yes got somewhere else she does not know what she is talking about.

Ashley in Virginia
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I am amazed at how several girls have said the doctor is wrong with out knowing ANY facts about the Original Poster's life...

Wire Road
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
It sounds like the shrink was right on the money. you don't sound even close to being ready for srs.

Jasmine Ellis
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Dear, sorry to hear this all I can say is carry on dressing be youself and be happy in yourself. I know its hard for you right now but as soon as that dress is on you the better you become

Phoebe Reece
10-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Susan, since you have stopped shaving and haven't had the need to dress for awhile, it sounds very much like The Shrink was absolutely right. If you don't have an overwhelming need to live as a woman full time, why would you think you needed SRS?

noname
10-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Did you even ask why? I'm guessing she wants to take it slowly, and is probably a good position to take.

MsJanessa
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Honey if you want SRS and have the money go to Thailand---I've two friends who did and they are both happy with the service and the result---on the other hand if you agree with your therapist then start shaving your legs and dressing again.

Julie York
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
It sounds like the shrink was right on the money. you don't sound even close to being ready for srs.

I agree. Sounds like someone with brains actually saved you from your own impulsiveness.

Wire Road
10-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Honey if you want SRS and have the money go to Thailand

yes and I think they're running a sale till the end of the month.

CharleneCD
10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Susan, some times the hardest things to hear, are the things we need to hear the most. The whole psych thing before SRS is there for agood reason. Once it is done there is alot that can't be reversed. They just want to make sure youare not going to regret things later.

Now all this doesn't mean that it could never happen. You can always go get a second opinion, making sure the new doc knows that this is a second opinion. Or just be patient and wait. I have read many posts from gals who had said they would never transition, but then later in life things change enough for them that they feel the need to do it.

My advise " for what it's worth", just be patient and take your time. Something this important and momentous deserves the time to make sure it is done right.

Sejd
10-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Sometimes we throw fits when things don't go our way right?
Your therapist has offered you her service for money, not because she loves you or think you are a sweetheart!!! She has a right to her professional oppinion as do you have a right to question her. Just don't throw yourself on the floor please!
Sejd

trannie T
10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
If you are not happy with this psych find another one. Remember though, their purpose is to help you, not just to tell you what you want to hear.

Joni Beauman
10-18-2006, 11:56 PM
I agree that since the impulse has markedly decreased, that is a powerful thing suggesting something about where you might be on the gender gradient. However, I remain puzzled by transness in terms of transexual vs. cd behavior. I am very cd and while I have looked into srs, know it is not for me - at least for now. Dressing is fine. Maybe for the suitable srs candidate, however, dressing is not that vital.

By the way, some of us are academics out here and bashing a whole group seems kinda stiff punishment given the level of provocation here. Joni

ColleenCD
10-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Susan,

Take breathe. Find a new shrink for second opinion. But you sound miffed at the doc for her looks and decision, yet you agree with her diagnosis? Not sure I understand.:straightface:

Colleen