PDA

View Full Version : First Time Wearing Knee-Highs

Paula Thomas
10-18-2006, 02:02 PM
I wore knee-highs for the first time today, to work (unbeknownest to my wife).

For the first time in a long time I did not need a shoehorn to get my dress shoes on (due to swelling of my feet/ankles/legs - retaining water :( )

So far, I have not been fired or arrested.

When I went out to lunch I nearly froze my ankles (does anyone else have this problem?).

I looked the box over carefully, and there were no washing instructions.

How do I wash them?

Must they be hand washed?

Machine washed?

Any suggestions as to brand/color for brown-colored knee-highs (i.e., noticeably "brown"), I have black ones?

At Wal-Mart the only size I find is 5-9.

Any suggestions as to where I can (in the U.S.) find larger sizes (based on size conversion charts, I should be wearing size 10 1/2 or 11).

Jennifer_Ph
10-18-2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.comfilon.com has products and care instructions

Knee highs: http://www.comfilon.com/catalogsheersocks.asp?SID=A5464E6F-1493-402E-AE6E-4742C5EC0F6F

Lisa Golightly
10-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Naughty girl ;)

I wear knee highs workdays as there is too much sharp metal at work to even think of wearing a dress. When I do wear a dress my hose is 'torn to shreds you say' (Futurama series one).

Hand wash only or you'll ruin them.

Snookums
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
all I wear are knee highs,unless I wear my Lowa hiking boots,then I wear wick dry socks,I wash my knee highs on the delicate cycle with woolite,they last longer,then I dry them on medium heat.
I really like trowser socks,they go up to the knee,I have type 2 diabetes and the meds have caused me to develope edema,I have a fluid problem with my lower legs,and the trowser sock is almost like a support knee high.

Paula Thomas
10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Jennifer - Fantastic site.

:dance:

Lisa Marie
10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
I wear knee-highs when I wear slacks. I like them very much. :thumbsup:

AprilMae
10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I get my Knee Highs at Walgreens usually. They have Legg's Everyday in a 10 pair box. Also KMart's store brand is good. Now that it is winter try Opaque knee highs or trouser socks. The darker ones look just like dress socks. I wear them often in male attire. Fo washing a little hand wash wtih some mild detergent, hang dry. Or you can use a mesh bag and machine wash them.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I normally wear opaque knee-highs. They don't notice under my jeans. I buy them wherever I fancy the patterns. I put them through my normal wash-dry cycle but put them inside a hose bag (little net bag with a zipper) for washing/drying.

ShannonDragon
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I also get knee-hi by Leggs. Some brands are too tight where they grip and make indents into my leg.

:tongueout

Phyliss
10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I buy the "grocery store" brand in Queen size. They're usually 3 pair in a pack for about $4. Toss 'em in a net bag to wash and into the dryer they go. Now, as to the idea of them being seen, I buy the black or jet black color and wear two pair at a time. My ankles don't get cold and after four years of doing this I've never been questioned. Working on constructrion site, believe me if there were to be a question that's the place there would be one.