PDA

View Full Version : The Stepford Wives

Bernadina
01-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I had recently seen the movie The Stepford Wives (http://www.stepfordwivesmovie.com/flash/). What I really enjoyed about the movie was all the wonderful dresses and gowns the ladies were wearing.

I was wondering what other movies you've seen that are worth seeing due to their fashion value and clothes that you would love to own and wear.

KewTnCurvy GG
01-03-2005, 11:41 PM
LOL
Well, honey, that was that movies only redeeming quality. I was sorely disappointed!! Seriously disappointed. The cheezy TV version (no pun intended) from the 70's was way better. As for other movies, I'm at a loss to come up with any titles right now. Funny that you mention this as this was my thought as I watched the movie.

hugs
kew

wilma
01-04-2005, 12:08 AM
The wordrobe dept went overboard in this movie. love all the old 30's, 40's, 50's girl clothes. women weren't afraid to show it off in those days. At least what I see in the movies. LOL Wilma

Kerri
01-04-2005, 12:18 AM
I love all the womens clothing in those old english and american movies from the 19th century, or at the turn of the century. Such as Emma, and Sense and Sensability, and that Titanic movie, ... oh yes, and all those old Anthony Hopkins movies, (whose titles are escpaing me now), ... funny, but they're right on the tip of my tongue :(

Kerri

Sharon
01-04-2005, 12:37 AM
I agree that the dresses in The Stepford Wives were wonderful. I can't think of another movie on the top of my head, but I love the fashions on the television show "Desparate Housewives."

Deina
01-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Of course the gowns & dresses in "My Fair Lady" can't be beat! It seems like "Breakfast at Tiffany's" had a couple wonderful gowns as well, but I haven't seen it in so many years I could well be mistaken.

"Auntie Mame" had some gorgeous clothes in it as well, particularly at the party scenes and the plantation scene.

Then again, would that I could look even remotely like Jessica in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" :D

Deina

Bonnie-OR
01-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Hi Girls. The one type of outfit I have wanted is from the BritCom Black Adder II. The gowns the Qween wears are incredible. I guess I have a thing for the way women dressed in the Victorian era. Don't think I could handle the mens clothing tho'. Huggs, Bonnie

Sweet Susan
01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
LOL
The cheezy TV version (no pun intended) from the 70's was way better.
hugs
kew

Actually, while there may have been a cheesey tv version, the original 70s film of the Stepford Wives was a theatrical release, and starred Katherine Ross. It was actually quite good.

KewTnCurvy GG
01-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Sorry Susan, didn't mean to offend. I watched it on TV and I was a kid at the time or preteen and I always thought it was a made for TV movie. Anyhow, I agree. Was much better.

hugs
kew

Sweet Susan
01-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Sorry Susan, didn't mean to offend. I watched it on TV and I was a kid at the time or preteen and I always thought it was a made for TV movie. Anyhow, I agree. Was much better.

hugs
kew

No offense taken. Just jumped in for clarification.

Marlene4a
01-04-2005, 03:08 AM
No offense taken. Just jumped in for clarification.
Yes, Susan, this movie was "more convincing"

racquel
01-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Cannot think of a movie to fit but like Sharon has stated, Desperate Housewives have some terrific clothes,hair,shoes, looks.Really like that show.

Amelie
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I go for the French peasant look as in "The Song of Bernadette" or the play "Les Miserables"

Ashleigh
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I only watched the 70's version. Yes, the clothing was great (I like the 60s style womens clothing a lot) but I couldn't get the evil story line out of my head for awhile. No offense intended, but what a horrifying movie.

Trinity_cat
01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I just watched " Pretty Woman " for the umpteenth time tonight and some of the dresses Julia Roberts wore where great. Just my opinion :cool:

lara_myklund
01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
The gowns in "Bram Stokers Dracula" from a few years ago wear scrumtious (see attached) :p

sonora
01-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I loved Catherine Zeta-Jones's wardrobe (and lack thereof) in "The Mask of Zorro"! I would give anything to be her for a week - without the Michael Douglas part, that is.

Wendy me
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
i am more of a short skirt type of girl , but some of those long flowing dresses are veary nice just need some sexey undies under it all kinda a little trampy under it all and your the only that knows

Ashleigh
01-05-2005, 09:05 AM
I guess it would help if I identified the movie I was talking about. It was the 70's version of The Stepford Wives. I won't see the remake.

By the way. It is happening again. I can't view Sonora's picture either. This is frustrating.

Are there any computer guru's who have any ideas why?

Thanks

DonnaT
01-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Ashleigh

Under "User CP"

Click on "Edit Options"

scroll down to "Thread Display Options" to make sure the box for "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" is checked.

sonora
01-05-2005, 10:47 AM
How could I have almost forgotten "Coyote Ugly"?

Ashleigh
01-05-2005, 10:49 AM
HI Donna,
Thanks. I did check that and it is "checked" to allow pictures. Don't know what is going on.

Wendy me
01-05-2005, 10:57 AM
How could I have almost forgotten "Coyote Ugly"?

i know i heard abought that .........when you wake up with a ugly person
:eek: and you chew off your arm to get away :rolleyes: ........

shelly
01-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Only seen trailers for Stepford Wives, and Desperate Housewives is premiered on UK Tv tonight.Both look to have gorgeous outfits and especially shoes .Winona ryder in beetlejuice she contributed to many adolesent fantasies (in goth and school girl look)plus all of the other female roles dress very sexily,I could easily be any of them.