PDA

View Full Version : must kill shadow

tall_brianna
10-19-2006, 11:50 AM
I would really like to try and go stealth. I have a bunch of cute clothes; nothing over the top like thigh high leather boots :), just some skirts and stuff that real girls wear everyday. I also have a nice theatrical wig that is very difficult to tell it's a wig and I'm shaving from head to toe.

There are only two things that give me away and one of those, my height 6'3" and can do little about except starve myself to stay as thin as possible and not overdo it too much with the heels.

But the shadow... you know the one... I've been covering it up with heavy makeup including a base of red lipstick, coverup and finally powder. I hate it.... It looks plastic. I'm blessed with good skin and it seems a waste to wear soooo much makeup. ...and, after all that makeup, I could swear I still see it. Having so much makeup on also will have the opposite effect of drawing too much attention - not exactly stealth.

I've looked into electrolysis and lasers but they are permanent and I'm not there yet. I'm wondering if there is a bleaching kit that actually works on the roots or if there is any temporary removal method that gets the roots out (and the shadow they leave). I tried a face waxing kit and it hurt like hell, left a rash and only took out patches of the hair. I called around to all of the salons on cap. hill thinking they get this request all the time, not one had any service to offer :(

What's a bearded lady to do? :)

MsJanessa
10-19-2006, 11:55 AM
what I do is use cream foudation (Max factor) with liquid foundation over that then theatrical pancake makeup comes in a dry cake like form, wet sponge then apply and all that in the same shade--medium beige--seems to work fine---all the other TGirls ask Me if I've had electrolysis or just no or light beard---if the above doesn't work for you try dermablend---makeup for people with bad facial scarring---available at Rite Aid ps--whats "over the top" about thigh high boots---all they are is "over the knees"

renee k
10-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi Brianna,

I'm afraid your only options are to get Laser or Electrolysis, if you want to go shadowless. It's a shame to hide your skin under all that cover up makeup.
If you've gone to the extent of trying to wax it out. Then why not pursue perminant hair removal. Either way you go, laser or electrolysis, your going to have regrowth. Your not going to be able to have it all removed in short time It's going to take sometime, before your beard is completely removed. It will eliminate most of the shadow, a thus requiring less foundation. And give you some time to decide if you want it all removed. Just a thought !

Huggs, Renee

EricaCD
10-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Brianna - don't have any suggestions for the height issue. If you come up with a solution to being 6'3" please do let me know!

As far as the shadow issue goes: one thing you might want to do is go to a good makeup counter and see about getting a specific neutralizing tone to go under the foundation. Right now you are using lipstick, which probably helps. Most beard tones are countered by reds and oranges - but not all. It may be the case that you need to use a different shade, and only an expert is likely to be able to help determine that.

In my case, for example, I need to use almost a peach shade to color-correct. Red did not help and orange actually made it worse. Obviously this will not completely cure the issue, but it might help.

Also, if your shadow shows up at the neck - where you would never likely need to have hair - you might benefit from laser or electro there. I am about to go in to have my neck done, just because I am so sick of shaving it.

Good luck!
Erica

tall_brianna
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi Brianna,

Then why not pursue perminant hair removal. Either way you go, laser or electrolysis, your going to have regrowth. Your not going to be able to have it all removed in short time It's going to take sometime, before your beard is completely removed. It will eliminate most of the shadow, a thus requiring less foundation. And give you some time to decide if you want it all removed. Just a thought !

Huggs, Renee

Thanks Renee, I have thought about it.... still thinking :).... I guess the biggest reason is that as a boy I like having my goatee. Conflicted, -b

Sam44
10-19-2006, 12:35 PM
... I have thought about it.... still thinking :).... I guess the biggest reason is that as a boy I like having my goatee. Conflicted, -b

Yep, both I and my wife like my beard. It's not likely to go, so I just look strange in women's clothes :)

JoAnnDallas
10-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, my beard is sparse and now down to mostly white. So when I shave, I only need a little liquid makeup to cover it all. I can go almost all day this way, with out any shadow. It helps being part Native American, we don't have a lot of hair other than on our heads.

Stephenie S
10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Dear Brianna,

As others have said above, makeup is your only answer if you don't want electolysis or laser.

I used Dermablend to good effect in the past. I use Mary Kay now and I am getting electrolysis. It's a long process though. Also expensive and painfull. God, what I go through to be a girl!

Spend some time experimenting with different products. You will find something to your liking if you keep at it.

Lovies,
Steph

By the way, shaving doen't work because the shadow is coming from the hair UNDER the skin. It's impossible to shave it off. I was absolutely amazed to see how much of the hair was below the skin when my electrologist showed me.

Diane CDN
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Try a theatrical shop or similar for a Ben Nye product called "Five-O-Sharp" (there actually are a number of shades available) .... it is designed to neutralize the blueish appearance of beard shadow....
Use the Ben Nye, set with translucent powder and top with a good full coverage makeup (prefereably not Durablend, silly putty was never designed to be put on the face....) lol !

Diane

Cami_wi
10-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Try this, Shave using Skintimate shave Gel, Shave about an hour before doing the make up. Be SURE to use Mositurizer 1st !! Very Important. Then get a Concealer that is a shade off from your Foundation. Can apply foundation to the Back Of your hand to get a good match. Generally this will last for a good 4 hours. IF your Beard cover is a 5 O'clock shadow type, get some Derma Blend Foundation. I believe JC Penny's carries it. It is used to cover Up Blemishes, Birthmarks and Scars.

Good Luck !!!

Sally24
10-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Definitely avoid waxing or plucking! That damages the hairs and can make permanent removal later on alot harder.

Lois1234
10-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I wish i too could find the perfect solution. I'm visiting another city tonight and in my haste to get dressed to go out (if i can just get past the lobby without fainting) I gashed myself with my razor......3 pefect lines on my upper lip that are still bleeding. So much for my night out! I think it's time for an electric razor or to actually go get the lazer treatment i've wanted for so long as my facial hair is quite dark and i've spent way too much on all different types of concealer.

kysmet
10-20-2006, 12:58 AM
You girls worry too much about height. I went to high school with three sisters who were all over 6 feet tall. I think the shortest of the three was 6'3" as a matter of fact. The guys were all gaga over them. They were smart though, they didn't date anyone shorter than they were. :D

As for the shadow, dermablend is the best option out of all of them. Personally I use a mixture of powder and liquid foundation. Everyone is different when it comes to hiding the beard. You just have to keep trying until you find something that works.

Ericka Jean

AmberTG
10-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Ya, electrolysis is not real fun, but it's the best long term solution to beard growth and beard shadow, unless you plan to grow a beard some time in the future. Laser can be a good option, but it's still riskier then electrolysis for scarring, although the new lasers are much better then the older ones. The thing with laser is that it only works on dark hairs, and the darker your skin, the more risk of blistering from laser treatment. Electrolysis has been around for many years, it has a well proven track record, but it's a slow process. Be prepared to spend a year or more removing the entire beard, unless you like pain and can lay in the chair for 4 hour sessions every week. The blend method is the most effective method for electrolysis, it has a higher percentage of one shot hair kills.

Jennifer in CO
10-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks Renee, I have thought about it.... still thinking :).... I guess the biggest reason is that as a boy I like having my goatee. Conflicted, -b

So have the laser or electro done on everything else and leave the gt. That leaves a lot less to cover...OBTW...6'4" here and rarely get looks either for other than the height

Jenn

Jesse69
10-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I use a Braun 5500 electric shaver for a really close shave. And you can bring this with your purse for touchups cause it has an internal battery too. Then I use Loreal W6 or W8 powder - cheap stuff but work ok for me.

You shouldn't starve yourself to be thin because the body will ultimate rebel and get fat one day. This actually happened to a once thin model who got fat.

stacie
10-23-2006, 08:46 AM
I myself am very tall 6'2". I also keep my weight at 159 But if you dress to fit in most people don't notice or care.