PDA

View Full Version : dress up for Halloween

shannonsilk
10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I am planning to go out for the first time en femme on Halloween. Is it best to go out and try to pass as a GG? What i mean is-- what about going out as a GG in a costume, sucha s sorceress, princess, cowgirl, whatever?

Snookums
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
I thought every day was halloween for CD's:thumbsup:

jo_ann
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
if you try to pass too much as a gg, and your discovered not to be a gg, you may get teased more... a guy with a beard dressed as a female character is often laughed at as "that's funny", not "you weirdo". it's really your descretion. I dressed up as a nurse (true nurses uniform, hat, white 5" pumps, hose, nails, makeup, wig), and everyone was amazed how good I looked, and nobody really gave me any slack. my wife was so cute, she tried covering for me "it was hardest finding size 16 shoes.. you'd be amazed at what you can find on ebay". truth be told, I already had them for a few months already.

StephanieCD
10-19-2006, 08:14 PM
My experience has been that Halloween is the only day I've been able to muster an excuse to go out in drag. The only way I've found I can get away with it is with humor - people expect some people to do it... I tried to be one of them. The other thing that has worked for me before was to get someone to go along with it and nudge them into thinking it was their idea. The best was once when I worked in a leather shop (yep) my coworker "came up" with the idea that we both come to work dressed in drag. So I spent the day peddling leather on Halloween wearing quite the ****ty little outfit. Best part was, I got to pretend to be concerned when she got into it and helped me with clothes! She MADE me a dress... it was awesome.

*sigh* memories. This Halloween won't be as exciting, I'm afraid.

MarinaTwelve200
10-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I think the best way to go is as a CHARACTER like a witch or gypsy fortune teller. You can be as sexy or as funny as you want---and if you dont quite pass, or you do a bad job on your makeup----Its all the more funny and FUN.

You wont be taken TOO seriously--and everyone, including YOU can have a good laugh.

Dressing as "straight" women or prostitutes, on the other hand, not only shows a lack of imagination, but might make people think you are "funny" in the "wrong" sort of way.http://www.geocities.com/marina_twelve/Mvera2.jpg

nicolv
10-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Last year I dressed like a straight woman (serious sexy intelectual secretary with high heels etc.) I liked this dressing a lot because it looked so natural, but the problem is that my friends may have understood that it was not my first time!I was walking so nice in high heels that they could get suspicious........and something more important.......if they see us every year during Halloween in "high heels"wouldn't it be too obvious???What's your opinion ....because I would like to dress feminine every Halloween!!!(and every day actually...........!!!)

Billijo49504
10-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Last year, I dressed in jeans and a sweater and the wig and makeup. I was doing good until I told a clerk that I was paying my wifes bill. Oooops!!! Then they figured it out. But they couldsn't say too much, most everything I had on, came from Lane Bryant....BJ

Amanda420
10-20-2006, 12:46 AM
I think for those of us who have already showed our fem side on halloween, people probly wont care. Its our one day to be ourselves, relativly consequence free, i think we should use it. The time ive dressed, i go the whole nine, shaved and all. Its quite exciting!!

NatashaWI
10-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Marina is right! My gyspy fortune teller persona on Halloween has been perfect. I'm able to have my nails done, wear all gurl clothes including heels and interact with everyone as Natasha. Reading tarot cards is great fun. Most of the people I read for know I'm a guy but last year there were a few that didn't figure it out. Of course, everyone had a hoot telling them after their cards were read. It was a wonderful evening. Another coming in 10 days - woo hoo!

Debbi
10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
you can also pull it off while dressing sexy with as little as some quality fangs and perhaps some scary contact lenses. that way you you can still feel very girly and sexy, as well as having a 'costume' for halloween. just a hot vamp. my plan for this halloween.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
10-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I only dressed up for one halloween, I usually don't want to because I feel like halloween costumes should be something that isn't who you really are and I really am a crossdresser.

Sometimes I think I'll buy like a french maid outfit or a witches dress and go as as something besides just a girl, but they make them so damn small and revealing now I just don't feel comfortable in them with my size.

Janelle Marshall
10-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I have dressed as a woman for Halloween a number of times over the years ( at least 5 times). 50's Sweater girl, Mexican conchita, business woman, blonde "kept woman" for my wife who was the Arab shiek, and French maid. This year it is the old style nurse. And yes, the friends do say "UMMMM, you seem to have a theme going." To which I just chuckle. Never a negative comment from friends, but a couple years ago I entered a costume contest as the maid. It was kind of revealing as I had a very good costume, too good. The winner was a guy in a skirt, with bad makeup cockeyed cheap wig, and tennis shoes. One judge said he didn't like me. Go figure. Just wear what you wish and HAVE FUN! :D

lauraanytime
10-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Halloween is the best chance to be whomever you want to be. I find that most people are very accepting this time of year. Gives me a great chance to dress and be in public without any explaining. Done it for last 4 years now and none of my friends seem to care or mind. Most seem to envy me for being able to be open. take advantage of Halloween or you will be sorry on nov. 1.

Nikki A.
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Long story short. The girls in the office "came up" with the idea of me being the ex office manager. I said that my wife has clothes that would fit (some truth there although most of the outfit is my stuff). We needed a blazer and me and the current office mgr went during lunch to SA and we found one for 1.50. The girls will do my make-up, they already brought in samples to see what colors would go. We are keeping it under wraps until Halloween. I just have to figure how to get in without being seen so as to not spoil the plan. I'm acting like ok I'll go along but the truth is I'm really looking forward to it.

trannie T
10-20-2006, 09:00 PM
It is your chance to be who you want to be. Last year I dressed as a lesbian, boots, jeans and a flannel shirt.

ebony_tgirl
10-20-2006, 09:09 PM
This halloween I'm going to be storm ... like a previous poster said, dressing up en femme for halloween is completely normal ... so to speak ... when your dressed up as a fictional character of some sort, but dressing up as a woman ... with no theme whatsoever, will merit a lot of looks and subtle comments ... best to look your best, have fun, be something crazy ... and try not to look to trained walking in heels lol

Jenn2716
10-20-2006, 11:53 PM
I dressed up as a french maid in 97, and as a she-devil in 98. Then took a break from dressing as a girl so as to not raise people's suspicion. Since then I moved to a different province and so I decided to start dressing in women's costumes for Halloween again. Last year I dressed as a sexier she-devil while at a party and later a night club. I followed that up by dressing as a regular girl at work on the following monday.

So my costume for this year's party is a Goth Girl Fairy, my wife helped me pick it out. My only dilemma is with what I'm going to wear to work. I haven't decided if I'll dress as a regular girl again, or to go in my goth girl (or another femme costume). While there is a chance somebody at work might think its weird for me to dress as a girl at work for 2 years in a row, I won't be letting somebody else's opinion of me ruin my chance at having a fun day at work. Life's too short for that, in my books.

CDCrissy
10-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Go in character, wilder, crqaazier the better...distracts from the truth of who you are...or just go as yourself if you have nothing to loose.

ashlee chiffon
10-21-2006, 01:41 AM
i'm going to differ from the other gals on this..
go dressed as in the clothes that you always wanted to wear out! this is your best chance to enjoy the dressing and combining it with a night that noone gives a darn HOW you dress! have fun and don't give a hoot how anyone thinks or you won't do it!

Cami_wi
10-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Do what ever makes you happy ! It's one day a year anyone can get away with dressing up. I went out dressed up about 10 yrs ago LOVED it, it set me free to become Who I really was. Halloween was the 1st time out in public, BUT not the last. My Dressing escalted from there, dressing in public all I could. Started going to work dressed to the Point that I am Cami now 24/7 . Just your Typical Girl next door type now.

ENJOY and get some good Pictures Hon

Penny
10-21-2006, 07:43 AM
This year I think I will be a transvestite instead of a crossdresser!:lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

marisa
10-21-2006, 04:17 PM
last year i dressed up in a fairly short jean skirt, a black loose fitting turtle neck and knee hight boots. had the now ex's mom do the make up. the results weren't to bad concidering i had very little money to spend. this year i am planning to wear a tight fitting turtle neck, a pair of jeans i borrowed off a friend, 4 and a half inch heel boots during the day. and a nice skirt sweater combo for the evening. i even have an hour and a half appointment on the 31 to get nails, make up and hair done. i am so looking forward to the pampering.
but a friend has expressed interest in buying the boots i'm gonna wear. the problem is is that no one knows about my dressing. but this could be a chance to come out! halloween is the only time i am brave enough to go out. but this halloween will be the test of how i well i can pass. i will be sure to post pics.

Phyliss
10-21-2006, 05:58 PM
.....So I was talking with the wife earlier this afternoon and she happened to comment that the local mall was going to have a costume judging contest. She said something to the effect that there was going to be different age groups. I asked what the groups were and she said something like from 0 to 3, then 4 to 8 , 9 to 12 and 12 and over. I said, "Well, I'm over 12." Her comment was, "they won't judge you" , "I know that, but hey it's Halloween, I can do anything I want."
The good part is she didn't say I couldn't. Most likely won't go with me. Probably doesn't want to see me. (Too much of a schock, I think)
The more I think about it the more I want to do it. Just gonna have to remember to not wear my best clothes. She'd blow a gasket if she knew how much I've spent on clothes. I'd NEVER tell her how much my forms cost me.

Daphne Renee
10-21-2006, 09:16 PM
well a few years ago a dressed as a nurse.. this year I will be well my version of sandy from grease..a poodle skirt , pink ladies jacket.. etc.. I guess more of less a 50's gal.. my wife is going to be danny.. she will have jeans and a t-bird jacket.
as long as you have fun it doesnt really matter what you dress up as.

Valerie Nova
10-22-2006, 01:36 PM
You know, halloween is such a great opportunity for you guys, or girls. You can be accepted in public wearing women's clothes, even if there's no way you'd pass as a woman. Just don't take it too seriously! If you just go straight up as a woman, that's fine! Actually, that's probably less conspicuous than if you go as a princess or whatever. Just go as whatever you think you'll look best as.

Kristen Kelly
10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
For me it Halloween was the only time I would dress and go out, did that for a few years. Last year I went to village Parade, and a party afterward dress in nice top mini skirt lace pantyhose and boots, even rode the train into NYC had a blast, only problem was riding train back to NJ packed with concert goiers, was nervous but excited at the same time. I started to dress Often this year Im going as Puss in Boots this Halloween for dressing as a girl is to "Normal" now.

JazmyneCD
10-23-2006, 01:25 AM
I will be attending a Halloween party this coming Saturday in which I will CD. It will be the first time my wife will see me this way since telling her about it.

I had CD'd one before for Halloween and it was an amazing day. Loved every minute of it. I may even do it again on the actual day at work since I'm not 100% out just yet (wife knows I like it; don't go in public) This will be yet another opportunity to do what I love in public ;)

Marissa Mae
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
I am going as a French Maid this weekend! :D I am getting more and more nervous every day! I have told people what I was doing, they say it will be a shock, but funny. I don't think I am going to go ALL out, because I don't want to hint that this is actually something I do all the time.. no leg shaving or nails, maybe not even makeup. :(

Valerie Nova
10-23-2006, 05:09 PM
If you don't want people to think anything about you, 1) stumble in your high heels a lot, 2) tell everyone before hand, otherwise it might seem like it's something you're in the habit of hiding and 3) don't act like it's a really big deal.

Makeup and nails is just fine, preferably have a female friend help you.

Marissa Mae
10-23-2006, 05:35 PM
If you don't want people to think anything about you, 1) stumble in your high heels a lot, 2) tell everyone before hand, otherwise it might seem like it's something you're in the habit of hiding and 3) don't act like it's a really big deal.

Makeup and nails is just fine, preferably have a female friend help you.

I think I am going to throw some complaints in there about how bad it is wearing heels :heehee: that shows that it is not too regular haha And because my girlfriend offered to do my makeup, I think I may reconsider the nails too :happy:

Having told a few people, I feel ALOT better about doing it!

And this will be the first time my SO sees me dressed up :D :D Its a big step in our relationship!

Valerie Nova
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM
But wearing heels is not nearly as bad as girls make it out to be, in my experience. It's basically just walking on your toes, except that you're forced to. Walking down stairs is the only tricky part. It's probably worse if you're on your feet all day though.

I've been practicing a lot. :o Don't want to fall and tear my nylons...

Tammietoo
10-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I almost went as a cheerleader last year and almost got my wife to go dressed as one as well. Alas, she had last minute doubts and didn't want to go or for me to either. I looked pretty good, and I think that was part of the problem, I not sure I was going to be all the way passable, but I looked too good/polished for it to not raise some suspicions. This year I want to try and look good but go over the top in a Hooters girl uniform--with my wife matching of course. We'll see it really is the time to let your true self out, at least to some degree. hope everyone has fun.

Kimberly
10-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Alice in Wonderland!! :D

And I'll tell anyone the truth about myself if they ask, because I'm basically, "out." It's been great at college, and I wouldn't want it any other way. xx

Bernice
10-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Alas, married 30+ years to someone who's birthday is halloween, so no costuming that day for me.

immike
10-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I'd like to dress in a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform for halloween.
TG Guy:tongueout

vbcdgrl
10-24-2006, 03:11 PM
I'll be going to the West Hollywood Halloween Carnival (parade). My outfit really isn't a costume, but it's not everyday either. It includes seemed garter stockings and petticoats. I don't think I'll be walking in the parade, just go as a spectator. As others have said, a great time to dress as you like and have fun!

Vikki

KateW
10-24-2006, 04:13 PM
It's sooooooooooooo tempting as we are hosting a Halloween party, but I think my friends are already more then a little suspicious of me. When I moved house, the only DVDs I took with me were Transamerica, Eddie Izzard and Shes the Man, and they questioned it. Whoops! :D

I think if I am to go as a woman, it'd definitely have to be as some sort of theme, as to not raise further suspicion! Perhaps I can pursuade my wife to go as some sort of double-act (Robin Hood and Maid Marion etc), but with me as the female. Failing that, I'm at least going to go as a Superhero so that I get to wear tights, or as something that requires a LOT of makeup.

Lawren
10-24-2006, 06:28 PM
I am quite seriously considering going to a Halloween party dressed up. There is going to be one at the VA center where Kerry and I are active and some of the guys are joking with each other about dressing as women. I may just surprise all of them and show up fully dressed up.