PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed at Wal-Mart

Melora
10-19-2006, 08:00 PM
I was at Wal-Mart one week ago...
Wal-Mart whear I live has several a "U-Scan" stations available. (where you scan and have no contact with a human being = a delight to a secret X-Dresser, I think). Anyway... I went to U-Scan to buy a few Panties and Pantyhose and some other basic things the other day, I found out that that I did not have enough curancy on the card that I was using, for this transaction..
Sooo..
The Big Hick kinda city kid came over to my station AND searched through my bag, and found my stuff.. = kinda embarrasing with a s**t load of people around Me..
Sooo
I asked if I could Transfer funds at the ATM.. He said sure, Go ahead I will hold these for you. SO, I did..
AND
I went back to his station and said I Transfered over $300.00 and I would like to shop some more. He was looking at me I thing for buying about 6 kinds of Panties, AND I DID, and I got some more basic stuff as well as 2 more pairs of more "girly socks" AND ONE BRA.. AND I went back into the U-Scan again.
I got lots of weird stares, even after 10 MINs. of waiting..In the U-Scan line.. I Got sick of this and just went over to the "buy 15 items, line". My cashier was this biggoted OLD MAN cashier, Who just looked at you and said Mentally You little F**ott!, But he still processed me just the same, AND his station was 2 down from my previous blunder.. =
OH Well,
I still just got the thingiees that I wanted. EVEN If I got some stuff that seems kinda taboo, for my sex, I JUST persevered!, Without any hardships.. = JUST DO IT...
Normally when I am out in puplic, = IN DRAB, = I look like a Gothic type of Death Metal Head/ Motorcycler, And when confronted I will confront ANY Problems that I experience, BUT when buying "FEM" Items, and there are problems... I just take the "easy" way out = NO Problems),.. Why is this, I wonder.. Is This My fem Self acting out, Or what... = I wonder... I think My Fem thinking "self" kinda brings about Peace as opposed to MY opposite "self", = QUITE PISSED OFF!, "a little bit"... I hope
Any Ideas.. What do you think?

StephanieCD
10-19-2006, 08:06 PM
One of the reasons I so love and secretly wish I was a part of the goth/punk culture is society almost expects 'freakish' behavior from them. Regardless of what they think - good for you! Rock on with your bad self! You did, however, teach me to check my balance before heading to the self checkout this winter ;)

jessicaparrot
10-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I just make sure I go to a younger casher and if some so and so says anything I report them to customer service. Walmart doesn't put with any of that. They will fire him on the spot, cameras are your friend. Just buy what you want and NEVER let ANYONE tell you different.

:love:

Cami_wi
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
great story thanx for sharing, I was shopping once YEARS ago at a Local store. I saw a real nice Black Bra n Panty Set up on display on a Maniquin. I searched and searched and could not find them on the rack. SO I asked a woman that worked there for assistance. She Looked and looked, could not find them either, she said I'll be right back. I waited in the Lingerie section, all of sudden hear this strrange noise, is was Her pushing a set of those Portable Stairs back so she could reach up to the Maniquin. She asked what Size I was looking for. checking the sizes she told me what they were 36B Bra, Size 5 Panty, Just My Size. She said would you like these ? I said yes please. I then went to the check out, when I was just about to begin the purchase the Guy infront of me was the Vice President of Operations where I worked !!! He looked and said Hi, good to see you, BUT NEVER said a word about my Purchase. What a Nervous Evperience !! wonder if he ever remembered that day, later on. I started Going to work with Femm Clothes, Nail Polish and full make-up, I transitioned then to a Full Time Girl.

Thanks for your post, most in here bring up Memories of my past :-)

EricaCD
10-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I would not fret. The "running out of currency" thing would have been an annoyance even if you were buying bug spray. As for the old guy who looked daggers at you, for all you know HE was wearing panties under his uniform!

And at the end of the day, you still have your nice things. Enjoy the wearing :)

Erica

Snookums
10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
I tried on some low rise womens jeans at a wally world,in the mens fitting room,a wally world stooge asked me why I was trying on womens jeans,I told him it was none of his business,he called for a manager on his walkie talkie,and I was taken to the office where the manager called the police.

I was given a load of crap by the cop and threatened with arrest if I ever went into that wally world store again,they lost a customer,I buy absolutely nothing from wally world,and because smas club is also a wally world store,I never renewed my membership,and told them why,to date no one from wally world has contacted me.

Julogden
10-19-2006, 08:50 PM
I tried on some low rise womens jeans at a wally world,in the mens fitting room,a wally world stooge asked me why I was trying on womens jeans,I told him it was none of his business,he called for a manager on his walkie talkie,and I was taken to the office where the manager called the police.

I was given a load of crap by the cop and threatened with arrest if I ever went into that wally world store again,they lost a customer,I buy absolutely nothing from wally world,and because smas club is also a wally world store,I never renewed my membership,and told them why,to date no one from wally world has contacted me.
How in the world did they get away with that? You weren't breaking any laws. You really ought to inform people higher up in the WalMart company and let them know what happened.

Boy, if that had happened to me, they'd be getting an ear-full, maybe from a lawyer too.

Carol:hugs:

Snookums
10-19-2006, 08:53 PM
How in the world did they get away with that? You weren't breaking any laws. You really ought to inform people higher up in the WalMart company and let them know what happened.

Boy, if that had happened to me, they'd be getting an ear-full, maybe from a lawyer too.

I did and they ignored me,thats why I never spend my money in any wally world store

tall_brianna
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow, you guys are so brave! I am so glad that I live in a very liberal part of the world. I've had similar exp.s And even gone to a Target where they don't have any self checkouts. I picked out an older Asian woman cashier and prepared my, "I'm buying a little surprise for the wifey." In your case I would have said something like, "I hate all my wife's underwear." (which is partly true:heehee:)

Snookums, you should see a lawyer if your incident is fresh. I'm not one but I'm pretty sure you can't detain someone without probable cause that they've committed a crime. And even in the hick parts of US/UK I don't know how you could have a law that prevented you from purchasing womens clothes. Don't take that sh#t - let the testosterone fly. I would have so gone off on him and dared him to arrest me as I was leaving the store.

-b

terrinoble
10-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, I'm glad I never had such problems, and am sorry to hear about those of you who did!
Nowadays I have enough confidence to go into stores en femme and use the women's dressing rooms to try clothes on. I bought a lovely suit at Ross a couple of weeks ago after trying it on.

Teresa Amina
10-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Gawd! All my fears come true! Just had a wonderful relief-of-tension laugh at your story. I've been through the do-it-yourself lines and feared just such an occurance! The answer is CASH! Put it in the slot and be on your way...

Snookums
10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Wow, you guys are so brave! I am so glad that I live in a very liberal part of the world. I've had similar exp.s And even gone to a Target where they don't have any self checkouts. I picked out an older Asian woman cashier and prepared my, "I'm buying a little surprise for the wifey." In your case I would have said something like, "I hate all my wife's underwear." (which is partly true:heehee:)

Snookums, you should see a lawyer if your incident is fresh. I'm not one but I'm pretty sure you can't detain someone without probable cause that they've committed a crime. And even in the hick parts of US/UK I don't know how you could have a law that prevented you from purchasing womens clothes. Don't take that sh#t - let the testosterone fly. I would have so gone off on him and dared him to arrest me as I was leaving the store.

-b

brianna,I live in Utah,not a liberal part if the US,I did see several lawyers,they reacted very negatively,told me I needed professional psychiatric help.
such is life in the land of the American Taliban,the cops here are worse than terrorists.

Debb
10-19-2006, 10:28 PM
// snip ..
Normally when I am out in puplic, = IN DRAB, = I look like a Gothic type of Death Metal Head/ Motorcycler, And when confronted I will confront ANY Problems that I experience, BUT when buying "FEM" Items, and there are problems... I just take the "easy" way out = NO Problems),.. Why is this, I wonder.. Is This My fem Self acting out, Or what... = I wonder... I think My Fem thinking "self" kinda brings about Peace as opposed to MY opposite "self", = QUITE PISSED OFF!, "a little bit"... I hope
Any Ideas.. What do you think?
// ... unsnip

I find this to be true sometimes, too. I was in special ops in the military and always prided myself on my fearless attitude (that attitude can get you in trouble sometimes, BTW). Even now, when drab, I am pretty fearless.. live in a bad neighborhood but nobody messes with me.

When I'm fem though, it is altogether different. I am pretty timid. Heck, even when I'm not fem, just buying items that would normally be for women, I am kind of timid and don't want to get any "looks" at Walmart or wherever ..

I really don't care, but if I'm gonna be honest with myself, my attitude does change a bit when I'm around people when dressed. This, I think, is a good subject for introspection... gives me something to think about here at work all night.

Deedee_tv
10-19-2006, 10:44 PM
I really think this post is a load of crap. Nobody is a victim unless they allow themselves be one. Go back and read old posts from Melora and check grammar and spelling.

Methinks thou doth drink too much.

kerrianna
10-19-2006, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling Melora that one day you will confront ANY fem problems like that the same way you do as your Goth self. Every time I purchased something I got a little braver, until recently (as mentioned in another thread) I told the Sales Associate at Sears that I was ordered my Mistress to buy some stuff for myself. That act of self-humilation (the humilation lasted a nano-second) gave me empowerment - I finally had come out and said aloud (there were other customers around) what I was actually doing in the lingerie section - not buying for my GF or wife, but for myself! (not to mention the submissive part)
The clerk wanted to slink away, but I calmly asked questions and then spent a very long time picking up the best deals I ever got. When I carried the stuff to the counter, instead of slinking and sliding it like a thief, I casually placed it down and even commented on some of it, not caring what anyone thought. That barrier has been broken for me now - I know one day it will be for you too and you will feel free to be free in public.:bighug:

Kerriana

tall_brianna
10-19-2006, 10:52 PM
brianna,I live in Utah,not a liberal part if the US,I did see several lawyers,they reacted very negatively,told me I needed professional psychiatric help.
such is life in the land of the American Taliban,the cops here are worse than terrorists.

Awe sweety, I'm sorry to hear that. Yeah, you are so right, that has to be the most repressing state short of Saudi Arabia.

AprilMae
10-19-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying either of the Victim stories in this thread. And just my opinion, from someone who bought their first pair of pantyhose at the age of 15, 30 years ago. NOBODY cares what you buy in a store, especially a Mass Merchant like Target, KMart and WalMart. It's your own paranoia. Get over it. You want it? Buy it! End of story. And Rant.

noname
10-19-2006, 11:39 PM

Holy Moly! and Wow! Jeans are a pretty universal item. How can they take you to the office? Or did they say you needed to leave? Did you get the cops badge number? I would have immediately gone down to the station and filed a greviance. I'm guessing it was an empty threat. Did he say what he could have charged you with? There is no way trying on jeans is illegal. You may also be able to sue this wally world depending on what state you are in.

*yeah, I'll bet they threated arrest of women they see shopping for mens underwear. not. but they will for buying jeans, my word.

Snookums
10-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I really think this post is a load of crap. Nobody is a victim unless they allow themselves be one. Go back and read old posts from Melora and check grammar and spelling.

Methinks thou doth drink too much.

people like you think it's a load of crap until it happens to you,utah is an extremely repressive state.
Is that second adams apple your nose?

noname
10-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Looks like I didn't read your posts following. Personally I think I would have kept seeing lawyers. I'm surprised they found someone buying jeans needing phsyc help. If this was a phsyc thing like they said, you could probably claim discrimination based on a disablity. ( I'm not saying anyone here is ) How long ago did this happen? If it was recent I really think you could do something about it.

Snookums
10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Looks like I didn't read your posts following. Personally I think I would have kept seeing lawyers. I'm surprised they found someone buying jeans needing phsyc help. If this was a phsyc thing like they said, you could probably claim discrimination based on a disablity. ( I'm not saying anyone here is ) How long ago did this happen? If it was recent I really think you could do something about it.

I already did something.
I'm the wrong person to mess with.
I buy evrything I need for my hobbies on line,this computer is a new one my friend in Florida built for me,we buy or gas here,no choice,we drive to Pocatello Idaho or Evanston Wyoming to grocery shop,I refuse to ad to Utahs economy or spend my money in mormon owned businesses.
My land lord is not mormon,he lives in California.
Years ago when Home depot got started,I bought stock,and had some wally world stock as well,the wally world stock I dumped after the incident at the wally store.

Melinda G
10-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Dont'cha just hate it when the U-Scan voice says loudly," PUT PANTIES IN BAG"! :D
Especially when some biker dude is in line right behind you.

varinia
10-20-2006, 01:50 AM
I myself used to work at walmart in the electronics dept. And one day I did have a male come thru buying a pair of bikini panties. While it was my first time ever having one I was a little nervous. I also had a secret but no one knew so I can only imagine how he must have felt. Well I just smiled at the guy and said, Hi, How you doing sir? Will this be all for you today? He stated yes and I then bagged his item and handed it to him and told him to have a nice day.
This is how that old man should have handled it. If I were you I would get a comment letter and if you can remember that guys name turn him in. Their is no business on the face of this earth that would allow an employee to talk that way to a customer and get away with it. If it was my store and I was his Assistant Manager and I caught wind of that, it would be his last day. I would call him into the office with 4 managers present. Walmart has a policy that when they fire someone 4 managers of at least support level or higher have to be present to fire an employee. Its so they have witnesses as to what happens. Don't let it slide. You should never have to tolerate that ever. I live in Idaho just above you and even there when I have bought a leather jacket with skirt, or black longline bra no one has said anything. Usually I go late at night so that I don't offend anyone.
I have had good luck at JCPennys and the SA was very helpful. I plan to again the future go back. With Xmas coming up, I can always say its for a xmas present. Got to love the holidays!

Joy Carter
10-20-2006, 03:48 AM
I'm sorry but no way any store would take you to the office for buying jeans. It is called an "arrest without warrant" and totally illegally and the store knows that. There have been incidents where stores have spotted someone pocket something and when they stopped them the perpetrator had dumped the item. They had nothing but put themselves in position for a lawsuit. As for the police officer threatening to arrest you Snookums, were you out of control ? Were you using obscenities ? I don't know of any police officer that would have threatened you with arrest for just simply trying on jeans. :rolleyes: I'm a retired career police officer and while I didn't care how some of my fellow officers did their job. None would take the chance in getting into trouble by making a false arrest.:Angry3:

ys1ad
10-20-2006, 03:58 AM
I usually go for the older cashiers, pretend im on the phone and talk about girls party. pretend her b day, and you HOPE its rite size. panties are easy. heels are tough

Robin Leigh
10-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Hey Snookums,

If you hate Utah so much, why do you live there?

Robin

Julogden
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I did and they ignored me,thats why I never spend my money in any wally world store
Well, have you tried contacting someone high up in the company outside of Utah?

I don't know how effective this might be, but try at http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=224

Can't hurt to give it a shot.

Helen MC
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
We don't have Wal-mart under that name here but it is present as they bought our ASDA out a few years ago . I won't deal with them as they are anti Trade Union and treat their staff like sh*t. I was delighted to see them get a hard time under German Labour Laws and to be honest I would not be sorry to see them go bankrupt.

I prefer to shop for panties and female clothing by Internet, but in those shops I have used I have not had any trouble with Assistants . The trick is not to act in a suspicious manner. I know what I want in advance, I know my size, I never ask to try female clothing on at the store, the only exception being years ago in a Charity (Thrift) Store where the Manageress was sympathetic to CDs and sussed that I was one and was a great help. If asked I give the answer they want to hear, "It is for my wife or SO" but they seldom ever ask. Best of all are the big Hypermarkets such as TESCO where one can go round the store and get all the shopping , food, household requirements, bra, panties , skirt, bottle of wine, etc and all a very bored and totally disinterested Check-Out operative will do is to swipe it though the barcode scanner. I also ensure if I am buying anything cash to have sufficient money on me, or get some from the ATM before I go to the Check-out or Pay Desk.

Snookums
10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey Snookums,

If you hate Utah so much, why do you live there?

Robin
I met my So here when I had to go to the Veterans Hospital here,I lived in Alpine Wyoming,population 475.
Her job is here,she works for Discover Card,and her kids are here,if it wasn't for her and the kids,I definetly would go back to Wyoming.

Snookums
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
We don't have Wal-mart under that name here but it is present as they bought our ASDA out a few years ago . I won't deal with them as they are anti Trade Union and treat their staff like sh*t. I was delighted to see them get a hard time under German Labour Laws and to be honest I would not be sorry to see them go bankrupt.

I prefer to shop for panties and female clothing by Internet, but in those shops I have used I have not had any trouble with Assistants . The trick is not to act in a suspicious manner. I know what I want in advance, I know my size, I never ask to try female clothing on at the store, the only exception being years ago in a Charity (Thrift) Store where the Manageress was sympathetic to CDs and sussed that I was one and was a great help. If asked I give the answer they want to hear, "It is for my wife or SO" but they seldom ever ask. Best of all are the big Hypermarkets such as TESCO where one can go round the store and get all the shopping , food, household requirements, bra, panties , skirt, bottle of wine, etc and all a very bored and totally disinterested Check-Out operative will do is to swipe it though the barcode scanner. I also ensure if I am buying anything cash to have sufficient money on me, or get some from the ATM before I go to the Check-out or Pay Desk.

Helen,wally world had to pay something in the neighborhood of $75,000,000.00 in fines or restitution because they made their employees work overtime without over time pay,and made employees work without breaks,wich according to US feeral law requires employers to give employees two 10 minute breaks,and 30 minutes for lunch.

michelle2
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
hi All
I on the other hand would have been arrested for kicking his behind I take no crap enfem or not.I have always had this vision of me passing my SO my heels and beating the hell out of some loudmouth coward while wearing a dress or whatever.Always stand up for yourself no matter what.I feel that only a coward would pick on a crossdresser and is the same guy that beats his wife for his own lack of courage.

michelle2

Helen MC
10-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Good to see that Employees have some rights in the USA. I thought over there it was a "no right to work" situation and Employers had a very free hand to hire or fire compared to the UK where our rights in such matters are taken as a given and are backed by Law. We also have a legally enforced minimum wage. It's not much but it's a safety net.

Katelyn
10-20-2006, 06:05 PM

I would have filed a lawsuit for discrimination. I know this is not part of the original thread, but this story upsets me!

Katelyn
10-20-2006, 06:09 PM

Try an out of state, wal-mart hating lawyer. I know they are out there! BTW, I hardly shop at wal-mart either. One reason is because it seems that everybody they hire here in southern AZ doesn't know how to speak english!

Karen Donna
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
The Jeans story is pretty hard to believe. I have bought panties,bras,slips,everything feminine in all stores including WalMart without the least bit of trouble. Hugs Karen Donna

Melora
10-20-2006, 08:02 PM
YO DEEDEE TV..
Just for the record, I WAS Not making myself out to BE A VICTOM! OK?
Second, My whole intent of this thread was an experience I had, AND what I Did about it = I chose the peacefull way, AS I could have done otherwise, and Gladdly on any other day. I have Managers CRY B-4.. Hows that for grammer :)
Third About me drinking Too Much = I DOO! :) :) I Admit IT! GOD do I LOVE Absinth!
Thanks
and...
Lighten UP..
P.S. This OLD MAN Did nothing wrong and said nothing, He just shot daggers through me, That is ALL.. Just an Embarassing situation..
P.P.S.
Soory Snookums, About what happened.. I would TOTally do all I could to bring down the hammer If I were you , If this DID happen to you..
Good luck OR just choose THE "Peacefull Way"..

Jodi
10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry but no way any store would take you to the office for buying jeans. It is called an "arrest without warrant" and totally illegally and the store knows that. There have been incidents where stores have spotted someone pocket something and when they stopped them the perpetrator had dumped the item. They had nothing but put themselves in position for a lawsuit. As for the police officer threatening to arrest you Snookums, were you out of control ? Were you using obscenities ? I don't know of any police officer that would have threatened you with arrest for just simply trying on jeans. :rolleyes: I'm a retired career police officer and while I didn't care how some of my fellow officers did their job. None would take the chance in getting into trouble by making a false arrest.:Angry3:

Joy, It is interesting what you said about bagging an item. When I worked for New York & Co and The Limited, we received intensive training on spotting and catching shoplifters. There was certain criterion that had to be met before a customer could be stopped. 1. You had to see them bag the item, 2. You had to know exactly what it was, and 3. you had to be 100% certain that they still had it in the bag. We were told that there are rings of crooks that will feign shoplifting, ie they will make sure you see them bagging an item. They will then remove it from the bag when you are distracted by their accomplice. Then if stopped, they are prepared to sue the store. There are crooks that move around the country doing this. They make significantly more in settlements than they ever would shoplifting.

I can't speak for Walmart, but NY & Co and The Limited were extremely careful about any false arrests. The laws are the same in virtually every state--even Utah. None of us know what really happened to Snookums on that day, or how she reacted. My take is that, even in Utah, no manager at Walmart is going to risk something like this over a pair of jeans. If you have seen the papers recently, Walmart is in much bigger trouble than over someone buying a pair of jeans.

Jodi

Michelle Ellis
10-20-2006, 09:52 PM
I think My Fem thinking "self" kinda brings about Peace as opposed to MY opposite "self", = QUITE PISSED OFF!

I'm sorry about that awkward experience you had! But wtg... I probly would have ran out in tears :p But it's this last statement that grabbed me... I feel totally the same.

M

Melora
10-20-2006, 11:35 PM
And you seem Very SWEET "Michelle".. Please Keep it up! :) Do not let the Wretches take your soul Away!
"Just Buy Your Sword and WALK on Bye"...
HeHe!
Bye :)

gigp
10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
I have a feeling that wal mart guy will never forget it:)
THat is great!
Anna