PDA

View Full Version : Dead chuffed

Ann
10-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Well I am quite pleased with myself and, if you will bear with me, I will tell you why.
The other Sunday I managed to organise some time in Reading on my own specifically so that I could by a new skirt. For me this has previously meant going to shops that sell cheap clothes so that it didn’t matter too much if I bought something that didn’t fit. This time, in keeping with my new attitude to cross dressing, (see here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42570) I was determined that it was to be different. I was originally after a pencil skirt from Marks & Spencers because I had seen one I liked on their online shop. As it transpired I couldn’t find any such skirts despite asking an assistant. Incidentally, is it just me or is the quality of clothes at M&S a lot lower than it used to be?
So I end up in Primark looking at cheap skirts and my plan to be serious is beginning to come apart. However, over the last six months I have lost a serious amount of weight (25 kilograms or just under 4 stones) and thus I didn’t know what size I now was. The upshot of all this, and the reason I am so pleased with myself, is that I picked up two different sizes, 14 and 16, of this rather nice long skirt and went and stood in the queue to try them on.
Now at our Primark the changing rooms have a single entrance and consequently a single queue which means that I am standing amongst a number of other people who are mainly women with two long skirts draped over my arm in full view. I proceeded collect my blue bit of plastic with the number two emblazoned on it and went into the men’s changing room. I tried the first skirt on. Vanity took over here and I tried the 14 on first and, I am so happy, it fitted. I walked out and passed the size 16 back to the assistant saying that I would buy the other one.
So that is why I am pleased with myself, I tried on a skirt at Primark and the world didn’t come to an end.
I can’t tell you how much I have wanted to tell somebody of this adventure this past couple of weeks.

AmberTG
10-20-2006, 01:14 AM
That can be a really tough thing to do the first time around, I'm glad it went so well for you.
I did my own first public trying on of fem boots tonight at a Payless store in a town about 50 miles from where I live, I was there for work and took advantage of the opportunity. I did cheat though because my wife went with me.:D Several people passed by but noone stopped and stared, I don't think they were even paying any attention. It was hard to start, and easy once I got started. I had to try on 5-6 pairss to find a pair of boots in my size that I liked and were fairly comfortable. I did get a pair though.

Phyliss
10-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Ann, isn't it a wonderful feel ing when you find that you've gone down in size of clothing? Good for you about the weight loss.
As for standing in line while waiting for the changing room, very good for you for having the courage to remain. Another badge of honor for you.