PDA

View Full Version : Best thrift store buy

kathydsch
10-20-2006, 12:00 AM
I was out at a Goodwill and I found a two pairs of breats forms. One triangle shape the othe teardrop with nipples. I got them both for $10. So I was wondering what other things you girls have found at thrift stores. Please share and enjoy.

Hugs
Kathy

kerrianna
10-20-2006, 12:25 AM
That's a good find!

My last trip it was a black lace garter belt - I've never seen the like, and a naughty see-thru blue nightie with holes at the nipples and tassles.

My fave buy I think was a satiny red prom dress with lots of bunching. (sorry, I don't really know the terms :heehee: ) The clerk said 'oh, some lucky girl is getting a nice dress!" I said, "ahem,...yes :D "

Snookums
10-20-2006, 01:06 AM
I don't shop thrift stores here in Utah,they are owned by the mormon church.

sara_also
10-20-2006, 06:54 AM
My wife do 90% of our shopping at thrift stores..On Wednesday while out for other reasons we spotted one that we have never been in...WOW all clothing was $1..I picked up a really nice casual dress..couldn't pass up the price.

Larissa
10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
I always search the racks for a prom dress (I guess like a lot of girls I dream of going to the prom).

Recently, I found a David's Bridal gown in my size! :happy: The best part, it was only $8!!

Angela Burke
10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
A black woolen "Planet" knee length skirt suit.
It cost £15 and it's really classy.
A black knee length A-line leather skirt.
I can remember where I bought it but
I can't remember when or how much I
paid for it.
It seems to be indestructible.
It's like an old friend.

wendy
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
I've found some very nice items at thrift stores, an Undercover Wear black long slip, almost gown like, can't remember the price but it was very cheap.

Recently, a white 'silk' feeling blouse, and a knee length black skirt, with an inner lining. Only less than $15 for the 2 items.:D

sweeting
10-20-2006, 08:16 AM
:tongueout
I was out at a Goodwill and I found a two pairs of breats forms. One triangle shape the othe teardrop with nipples. I got them both for $10. So I was wondering what other things you girls have found at thrift stores. Please share and enjoy.

Hugs
Kathy

nice buy just some dresses

Robin Leigh
10-20-2006, 10:14 AM
My best Thrift shop bargain (so far): a short blue woollen jacket & two blouses for $10 total.

Robin

Billie Jean
10-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Almost all of my wardrobe comes from Goodwill because someone else paid for the name brand and I got it for less than $5. You can find lots of name brand clothing that was hardly ever worn and save all that cash. Billie Jean

Angie G
10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
Cami's,, slips dresses ,skirt, blouses, shoes , all at great prices :hugs:
Angie

Rhonda Jean
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm a thrift store junkie! Probably my best find was a Prada purse in absolutely new condition for $7!

veryhappyto0
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I love Goodwill stores. I have found some great outfits at very low prices. I find they always have jean skirts and dresses, some of my favorites

pedalpusher
10-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Love the thrift stores, I am into vintage femm clothing and seem to find the most adorable and cutest things in thrift shops, especially lingerie:devil:

geri-tg.
10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
My best find was a new pair very nice jeans and a sexy top{red of course} all for 6.00.They fit great. Geri

Lanore
10-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Thrift stores are a great place to find what your size is. I know in my early years, I would buy cloths to see which ones fit before I spent a lot of money on new ones. However, I found most all of the cloths I purchased were name brands so I made them my stores of choice. I also found that knowone really cares what you're looking for. They're too busy trying to find their own bargains. When I shop, I want to feel relaxed and not get in a hurry, like I might get caught. Have fun on your shopping trips girls.

Lanore

princessmichelle
10-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi,

My best thrift store buy was funny because I had wanted (and even tried on) a skirt at the Gap, but couldn't really spend as much money as they were asking. But I still wanted a skirt, so I went to a thrift store and found one in my size-a Gap skirt.

"Princess" Michelle

gennee
10-21-2006, 10:37 AM
I purchased a navy blue skirt and red long sleeve pullover a couple of weeks ago. I have purchased most of my clothing at thrift shops. :D

Gennee

shannonsilk
10-21-2006, 03:37 PM
i've purchased a lot of stuff at thrift shops in the last month as i only had underwear and not much of that. i haven't paid more than $3 for jeans. yesterday i bought some nice 3" heel shoes for $2. they take some getting used to.

jessica cd
10-21-2006, 03:57 PM
most of my clothes are from the salvation army. I have shopped there alone and with my wife. I even try things on. Its easy. I pick out something from the mens side and she sneaks me girly stuff in the dressing room. One time I was in there trying on stuff and a leather skirt comes shooting under the door. there are great deals there.

Valerie Nova
10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
I got a pair of knee high, high heeled boots in a women's size 11 for $12. They still had the tag and everything. :D They are a bit small, but the rubbery leather-like stuff they're made out of stretches a bit and besides, you girls always wear your stuff tight anyway, right?

Besides that, I got a black Gap skirt that comes to just above my knees, and a sweater that actually fits me very well considering the size of my shoulders. I've bought two whole outfits already, and I only need one for my costume! Now I see how it is for real girls.

Amy Hepker
10-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Most of my stuff came from thrift stores, except underware, that I buy new. Just yesterday I was in the Salvation Army store and I was one of the first there. I was going through the racks of Blouses and dresses. I found a dress that I loved, but I wanted to make sure it fit, so I quick ran into the change room and tried it on. It was a very close fit. I came out and there was a girl about 18 looking at clothes, she seen me come out with the dress. I just put it in my cart, see gave me a wierd look and went the other way. I kept on looking. I got the dress home and tried it on with my bra and panties. It fit perfect. It is a beautiful creme flowered dress with a semi high neck and a short zipper in the back. The fabric is on the edge of being see through, the skirt comes down to just below my knees. The top bodice is a little tight, but I love it that way. There are a lot of great deals at thrift stores, and something for everyone. It's great that your GG helps you shop, that is cool.
GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
AMY

Cristi
10-22-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't shop the thrift stores too much anymore, since usually by the time I get there the good stuff is long gone. But yesterday I visited a really big one in a nearby town for the first time. They had an aisle that must have been 25' long JUST for sleeveless dresses, and another for long sleeve dresses, a full row for business wear (skirt and pant suits) and two full rows just for skirts! With halloween being so close, nobody gave me a 2nd glance as I took my time browsing through all of this treasure. I ended up taking 10 things to the fitting room (1/2 didn't fit, and I sadly decided that I was too old for one really cute outfit). I ended up walking out with 2 blouses, a floral skirt that still had the tags on it and a teal jumper for a budget-breaking total of $14.00.

My wife's only reaction on seeing the purchases? "Damn, why do you always find the good bargains?" (said as she was trying my new jumper...)

JazmyneCD
10-23-2006, 12:16 AM
If you are in the SoCal area, there is a K-Mart on Bellflower Blvd. that has racks and racks of [women's] clothes at 40% off the last markdown price (as of this post).

A girl could really clean up on there ;)

Krystal Lee
10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Cami's,, slips dresses ,skirt, blouses, shoes , all at great prices :hugs:
Angie

:yt: Am not too proud to look and have scored lots over time.

Hugs Krystal.