PDA

View Full Version : How femme is your bedroom?

Deanna2
10-20-2006, 03:47 AM
There was a post some time ago that sort of touched on this topic, but not directly. It got me to thinking that the decor on one's bedroom would be a great way to be all girly and enjoy it. This would especially apply to CD's still in the closet. Now I don't have a great deal of experience in other peoples' bedrooms, but it occurred to me that the majority of home furnishing is done by the lady of the house - not least, the so-called master bedroom.

In my case the decor - all chosen by my wife - is all soft and lacy. For example most of the bed linen is different shades of pink. We have a lacy valence around the bed, frilly pillow cases, etc, etc.

Kelsy
10-20-2006, 04:01 AM
My bedroom is a wreck most of the time! It gets cleaned once a week:D but is the decor girly No but panties on the floor, a skirt over the back of a chair
a blouse in the laundry pile and heels in the corner all say gurl!! I like the Idea though, extending ones feminine side into home furnishings, Linens, and such mmmmmmm maybe floral sheets with a lacey edge!!

Jennifer:be:

Kristen Kelly
10-20-2006, 04:07 AM
My bedroom is a wreck most of the time! It gets cleaned once a week:D but is the decor girly No but panties on the floor, a skirt over the back of a chair
a blouse in the laundry pile and heels in the corner all say gurl!! I like the Idea though, extending ones feminine side into home furnishings, Linens, and such mmmmmmm maybe floral sheets with a lacey edge!!

Jennifer:be:

:yt: We have the same decorator.

Angela Burke
10-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Not very femme at all I'm afraid,
unless there's such a thing as a female bombsite!

Kate Simmons
10-20-2006, 04:54 AM
unless there's such thing as a female bombsite!Guess quite a few of us share that scenerio.:happy: Ericka/Rich

maybeJan
10-20-2006, 05:00 AM
What the bedroom looks like might depend on whether you share it with a SO. I don't. Mine looks definitely male, and just like a disaster scene.

Jan

Cami_wi
10-20-2006, 05:03 AM
Hi Deanna, Since I now am a Full Time Transsexual, My room is all Femm. Nice Yellow Flower Print Sheets, Pillow cases, very flowery quilted Comforter. I have a full length Mirror on the Closet, Large Dresser Mirror and of coarse my Make-Up Table with everything One needs. I recently Painted the room Perriwinkle ( between purple and blue ). Looks much better since I kicked my wife out, she was rather Un Caring about diplaying things in a Feminine order.

Life is pretty good and my bedroom says ALL GIRL at last :-)

this is B 4 I painted http://www.camirose.com/Cami_BR1.JPG

robyn1114
10-20-2006, 05:11 AM
My wife doesn't care for the fem decor look, but I'd love to do my bedroom in pink and white lace with silk sheets.

Jestina
10-20-2006, 06:16 AM
unless there's such a thing as a female bombsite!

LOL...Angela you just made me late for work!!!

That was worth it.

Why are most of us SO DAMN FUNNY?

Female bomb site indeed LOL.

Laughing as I toss my nighty into the corner debris...

Jestina

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 06:20 AM
There are lights woven into the boa...

robyn1114
10-20-2006, 06:44 AM
Now that's fem Lisa, I love it

Karren H
10-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Not fem at all, but then again that's my wife!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Alayna
10-20-2006, 08:00 AM
how about a femme bombsite:p - my floor is usually littered with both genders' clothes!

sweeting
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
mine is all male except for my close hamper with my lingerie in it laurie

Janice Ashton
10-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Louise is taking control of the bedroom and he (me) is slowly getting pushed out. So I expect the bedroom if more femme than drab, and smells of all her perfumes and body sprays. You can guess I live alone!!

Louise x

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
teddy bear hat

Ooooooo... what's one of them?

Angela Burke
10-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Ooooooo... what's one of them?

Surely the Devils Angel has heard of "not having a snowballs chance in hell"?

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Damn... and there was me about to say I want a teddy bear hat!!!... Where can I get a teddy bear hat?!? :)

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Surely the Devils Angel has heard of "not having a snowballs chance in hell"?

lol.... :devil: :)

JeanneF
10-20-2006, 11:53 AM
There are lights woven into the boa...

Ooooh! I love the Holly Golightly painting! I want one!

My room is done in Danish Modern (actually, my whole condo is). When my Grandmother passed away a couple of years ago, I inheirited her furniture...luckily, she was a rather trendy woman in the 1950s/60s, so it's awesome looking, very Euro. It's fairly unisex looking, with the exception of the women's clothing that tend to wind up flung over the chairs, the makeup table I built in the corner, and the super-soft 600 thread count sheets (although they are a dark pattern).

The new sewing machine doesn't help with masculinity in the room either.

JeanneF
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Where can I get a teddy bear hat?!? :)

I saw a teddy bear hat in a gift shop in the Denver airport a few years ago.

ColleenCD
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Our comforter and pillows are flowery, but the paint is beige. Everytime a change is proposed, I try to get my wife to be more feminine in the choices. She likes to keep it very neutral.

Colleen

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 11:55 AM
I saw a teddy bear hat in a gift shop in the Denver airport a few years ago.

Now you're just teasing me... :) I'm going to be looking around the internet for ages now :rolleyes:

vbcdgrl
10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Since I used to share my bedroom with my wife( now X), her side did have some of the "frilly" touches. I now have this huge bedroom to myself. But, since I must maintain my male identity to the world most of the time, my bedroom is kinda "neutral". However, I do use her side of the walk-in closet for my femme clothes. Also, 2 of the dresser drawers now have MY lingerie and nylons. There are 2 sinks in the vanity, so I use one she used to use for my femme makeup, etc.

Vikki

princessmichelle
10-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

I haven't done wallpaper or painting, but I have some small rugs that are pink, the stuffed animals sit on my bed, and I'm inspired by a poster of womens soccer. I should say that my stuffed animals _usually_ sit on my bed: sometimes they wander, sometimes even jumping off of the bed when I;m not looking. :happy:

And I was heartened when I saw a teenage girl's bedroom pictured in a photobook: clothes all over the floor. So maybe we're more feminine than we realize!

"Princess" michelle

nikki smith
10-20-2006, 01:23 PM
as i live on my own my room can be as i like it but since i came out to the family more and more girls stuff has been left around i.e make up panties bra came home one day and my mum who does the cleaning had left a satin nightgown for me:love:

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Ooooh! I love the Holly Golightly painting! I want one!

Yeah, when I went into the gallery I was so like 'Oh, this is sooooooooooooo me! I bought it on the spot then found everything else to match :) Ah, Holly Golightly, she's like a favourite Aunt ;)

Lisa Golightly
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Lisa, it may be small but its cute :)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... panda.... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww panda... It's a panda... I love panda's. I actually sponser panda's to eat bamboo... true, true, true.... Thank you :)

ebony
10-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Tinkerbell everything by next week.

Katelyn
10-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I am the same as Ebony. After Christmas, my bedroom will probably look very similar to this...

ReginaK
10-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Not very femme at all. Computers, books, cars, and clothes everywhere.

jsarah
10-22-2006, 02:38 AM
My bedroom is neutral really...with the exception of bra's and nylons and whatnot scattered about. ;) I have a feeling after tonight though I am going to get even more bold with my apartment. I expect it to be a girlyswirl of goodness when I get done with it

Lisa Maren
10-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi everyone

My bedroom has a definite feminine flair to it, I think. The alls are painted a pastel blue (a color my sister picked out when she was living in that room) with white trim. My mother wanted it painted a different color when I moved into that room (she felt it wasn't a masculine color; I don't want my bedroom walls painted a masculine color), but it was a brand new paint job and I convinced her and my father to save their money and leave it. Besides, unbeknownst to them, I absolutely love the color!

The carpet is cream colored and only perhaps a year old. My comforter (which I picked out a while back) has a native american-type pattern on it composed of paler colors. Not quite pastel, I suppose, but I think it's just past the line into the feminine side. My keyboard isn't too feminine looking, though. :D

Hugs,
Lisa

Deanna2
10-23-2006, 05:57 AM
I'm interested in the responses, but at the same time disappointed. There is so much time and effort spent here with everyone telling each other how femme they are and all the girly gear they wear. Yet it seems that most girls live their lives as unreconstructured males in a male world. Bedrooms as bombsites!!! Come on girls. Do something for girldom. At least make an effort.

Lisa Golightly
10-23-2006, 06:03 AM
At least make an effort.

I made some new curtains this weekend... I'm funny like that :)

Deanna2
10-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Good for you Lisa. Now that wasn't too hard, was it? Let's hope you inspire some other girls.