PDA

View Full Version : Makeup / Perfume / Clothing Trends Of The Past

Clare
10-21-2006, 02:47 AM
I was just thinking about the significant periods of my crossdressing when I was "moving to the next level".

I remember fondly when "matt" makeup was all the rage in the late 80's. It was a time when I had just seriously started purchasing and experimenting with it's application. It was all new to me and I was impressed that GG's had this stuff to wear. I particulary recall the lipsticks of the time - pale shades of peach, pink, purples and similar. Strangely, I have no recollection of what the eyeshadows were like?

I once purchased an expensive perfume tax free whilst on a cruise ship in 1987 - I think it was callled "ANAI ANAI" - and it was a beautiful fragrence! It is the only time I have ever bought a top range perfume and I made it last for years and to this day I miss it terribly. I often go into department stores and wander through the perfume department just to get a good vibe from the samples.

The other clothing fad back in those days (the 80's) were coloured pantyhose. Gosh, I had everything from pink thru to lime green to bright red to orange! Dunno whether i'd wear them today, but i remember being overwhelmed by the colour choices! At least they all matched with the black pumps!

I kinda miss the style of makeup that was around back then - not so "glossy" like current makeup. Does anyone else wish they could still obtain a favourite makeup, perfume or clothing style from their past?

Carroll
10-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I remember those days also, but I try to stay with todays casual attire...keeps me from been spotted

Joy Carter
10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Me I like the fashions from the 30's and 40's. The big skirts the flowers and lace. Even the cotton dresses were so pretty. The hair is another thing with the all up on the head kinda styles. Wish they would come back. I love seeing GG's being stylishly dressed. Do they even do that anymore +?

Jodi
10-21-2006, 09:00 PM
My absolute favorite perfume from my younger days was Shalamar. Occasionally, I will smell the scent on a woman, but not often.

Jodi

Daphne Renee
10-21-2006, 09:26 PM
dont really have a favorite style of makeup..makeup and all the colors have always intrigued me..
I do remember when blue eyeshadow was popular but now its seems the browns are much more popular and blue is sort of a no no.