PDA

View Full Version : Shopping For Tall Gurls

Joy Carter
10-21-2006, 03:52 PM
So this has been really agonizing trying to find nice pants that fit. I sat one evening reading the local and spotted an advertisement for " Joy'stallfashions.com ". Located in Sylvania Ohio West of Toledo Ohio. I gather up my courage today and went. I was met at the door by Joy herself, a middle aged looker at about five eleven. I asked to see some nice dress pants and she showed me several. She kept referring the woman in my life and what would she like etc. I picked out a couple and asked to ty them on, she didn't bat an eye. She was most helpfully and I picked a lovely pair of black pants with a side zipper and flared leg. Since they were too long in length she pined them up for me and told me she would have them back by Friday. I paid allot for them but they were so lovely and the fit was so great that I didn't mind at all. She sells an up-scale line of clothing but I'm partial to that type of dressing. I was nervous at first because this was the first time I had talked face to face with a GG about buying clothes. I was a little flushed but that soon disappeared and I felt respected and welcome as a customer. So it's back to Joy's (no relation) the next tall purchase I make. :D

Talon DeRojo
10-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Joy - Thanks for sharing youe good shopping experience and information. I'm about an hour away in Michigan and might drive down and check it out.
Talon:happy:

Joy Carter
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
So this has been really agonizing trying to find nice pants that fit. I sat one evening reading the local and spotted an advertisement for " Joy'stallfashions.com ". Located in Sylvania Ohio West of Toledo Ohio. I gather up my courage today and went. I was met at the door by Joy herself, a middle aged looker at about five eleven. I asked to see some nice dress pants and she showed me several. She kept referring the woman in my life and what would she like etc. I picked out a couple and asked to ty them on, she didn't bat an eye. She was most helpfully and I picked a lovely pair of black pants with a side zipper and flared leg. Since they were too long in length she pined them up for me and told me she would have them back by Friday. I paid allot for them but they were so lovely and the fit was so great that I didn't mind at all. She sells an up-scale line of clothing but I'm partial to that type of dressing. I was nervous at first because this was the first time I had talked face to face with a GG about buying clothes. I was a little flushed but that soon disappeared and I felt respected and welcome as a customer. So it's back to Joy's (no relation) the next tall purchase I make. :D

I'm a shameless self promoter or I just think Joy at "Joy's Tall Fashions" deserved some more exposure.
:D

Jodi
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm sure she gets a lot of cd's in her shop. You were one of many. My cousin's daughter worked for Tall Girl Shops when in college. I spent dinner at their house right after she started. She told us all bout the many tranvestites that come into the store to shop. I just sat there and didn't say anything.

Jodi

ColleenCD
10-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Joy, it sounds like your namesake has a wonderful shop. I appreciate her approach as to "the woman in your life." We assume you'll be sharing more shopping experiences soon.:happy:

Colleen

nicolv
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
the biggest problem when being tall is that it is not easy to wear high heels, because then people can read us easily.....:( ....and I can not dress without wearing heels!.....I love them....I wish I could wear heels all the time!!!

jessica cd
10-22-2006, 01:15 AM
sounds like a great experience for you Joy.

Joy Carter
10-22-2006, 04:21 AM
the biggest problem when being tall is that it is not easy to wear high heels, because then people can read us easily.....:( ....and I can not dress without wearing heels!.....I love them....I wish I could wear heels all the time!!!

I'm of the mind just extenuate your best assets and the public be dammed.:D
I'm six foot and ware sensible heels (three inch) so no biggie to me.