PDA

View Full Version : advice please holidaying to prague

tv_rachael
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
ok so in an earlier thread mentioned how much fun i am having

well we just booked a flight to prague and i am going as rachael :)

only thing is having never been there, can any one offer any advice as to where to stay / go - whats there (apart from sex clubs)

etc etc

also is it safe to walk about? i do pass so should be ok.... any stories / help

thank you

xxxx mwah

Anita Parish
01-05-2005, 12:23 AM
I can't help with any places in Prague to visit en femme but my wife dragged me into the Museum of Sex Machines, which was interesting to say the least. ;)

Vickie-CD
01-05-2005, 07:58 AM
TV_Rachael, I know a great deal about Praque(actualy pronounced Praha in the Czech language). Yes there are a number of areas you can go out dressed safely. Praque is the capital of the Czech Republic, a very international city. It is divided into two parts, old town Praque, breathtaking beautiful and new town Praque, very metropolitan and lots of night-life. The currency exchange rate for the American dollar is very good, but shop around, there are many places to exchange your money, some offer a much better deals than others. If you are dressed and don't pass for a female, you will be refered to as a "Ci Ci" pronounced chee chee meaning sissy-boy, but this is NOT a put down. If you do not know the language, it is very difficult to pick-up. You should jot down this phrase "mluvite anglicky?"=do you speak english?, a local that can speak english is very helpful. Praque has an underground subway called "Metro", cheapest way to get around, cabs will rip you off if the driver knows you do not speak the language. Alcohol is the beverage of choice in this area of Europe, if someone offers you a drink, do not refuse it, this is like a handshake, if refused, you have greatly insulted the person offering. Beware of the drink "slivovisa", a couple of shots and you are totaly wasted or passed-out. beer is "pivo"Pilsner is a very popular Czech beer and very good, Wine is "Vino", a very popular drink is to order "vino a cola", you will be brought a glass of red wine and a glass of coke. you mix the two together and it makes sort of a wine cooler, very tastey!!
If I can help you with any specifics let me know. Only to glad to help.
Vsechno nejlepsi (Best Wishes)
Vickie

Vickie-CD
01-05-2005, 09:39 AM
one important thing, to find the areas and pubs for girls like us, forget the tourist routes, that will get you nowhere near what you are looking for. Find a local for this info, a very few American dollars will get you directions to anywhere and anything.
Vickie

paulaN
01-05-2005, 10:23 AM
vickie. I am very impressed with your vast knowladge of praque. I have never even herd of this place befor. just a dumb hick from maine.

Vickie-CD
01-05-2005, 04:06 PM
vickie. I am very impressed with your vast knowladge of praque. I have never even herd of this place befor. just a dumb hick from maine.
Hi Paula, always nice to see you. My best friend of about 10 years is from that region of Europe. When we became friends he knew very little english, so I taught him english and he taught me his language so we could communicate. Praque, the capital of the Czech Republic is half of the old Czechlosloavakia.
You are not dumb, during the cold war days it was under communist rule of the old Soviet Union. In those days you and I would here of Russia, but not much more because the western press was not allowed in these small communist countries. After the fall of communism the country broke away from Russia and started a free democratic government, a little while later the country split, one side being the country of the Czech Republic and the other side being Slovakia, the way it was before communist takeover.
I now have several friends there, and have flown over with my friend a couple of times.
YOU are not dumb, these are very small countries that rarely make it in national news.
Love Ya,
Vickie :)

DanaJ
01-05-2005, 04:48 PM
You didn't say where you are from, US, Europe or wherever. But, were you planning on traveling (i.e. flying) en femme also?

DanaJ

JAYNETHOMPSON
01-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I guess that apart from Old Mother Russia we are all small countries here in Europe. You know that they say that some of the best things come in small packages. Rachael you'll love Prague. :) Use the buses they are really good and very cheap; no taxi rip offs either.
x
Jayne
ps
Some of the bigger countries dont make the news here either. What must those Journalist around the world be doing. :)

Hi Paula, always nice to see you. My best friend of about 10 years is from that region of Europe. When we became friends he knew very little english, so I taught him english and he taught me his language so we could communicate. Praque, the capital of the Czech Republic is half of the old Czechlosloavakia. ..... I now have several friends there, and have flown over with my friend a couple of times.
YOU are not dumb, these are very small countries that rarely make it in national news.
Love Ya,

Vickie-CD
01-06-2005, 06:35 AM
I guess that apart from Old Mother Russia we are all small countries here in Europe. You know that they say that some of the best things come in small packages. Rachael you'll love Prague. :) Use the buses they are really good and very cheap; no taxi rip offs either.
x
Jayne
ps
Some of the bigger countries dont make the news here either. What must those Journalist around the world be doing. :)
What amazes me is the countless ceturies of history of the countries of Europe. Compared to us in the states, we are the baby, very young in comparison.
Love to All,

Steffie-Lee
01-06-2005, 09:30 AM
I would love to travel in femme, leaving my male self at home, but how do I get on a plane, or book a flight to anywhere as Steffie (My full femme name is: Stephanie Lee Davis) ? With the security in place since 9-11 it seems imposible to me, like my photo ID dosen't match, what about my passport? Please help... :)

tv_rachael
01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
i feel i can pass, gf will do the makeup etc etc.

thanks for all the info :)

gf wants to take me round all the sites enfemme basically for the whole week

:)

i am not allowed to take male clothes but have to travel in male clothes, have to wear knickers still xxx

so what is there in prague for us girls to do ??

also the pointers are really helpfull thanks :)

any more advice?
also any good language sites to help me learn ? whats the currency ? i am in UK

Vickie-CD
01-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Rachael, as of yesterday, one British Pound will bring you 43.24 Czech Koruna. This is a GREAT exchange rate for you, much stronger than tha American Dollar. Exchange rates vary daily. Go to http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic
Very user friendly currancy converter. when you are entering in what you are converting, you will be looking for "Czech Koruna" to click on in the "to" box. Back at you later for a good site on the language. Amazon has English to Czech dictionary's, but you will find better ones and cheaper when you get to Praque. When are you planning on going??
Back Atcha Later,
Vickie

tv_rachael
01-07-2005, 03:00 PM
thanks for the heads up....

dont suppose you know any places for girls like us :)

or could you reccomened where abouts to stay :)