PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk About Breastforms!

CindyT
05-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I just got my first set of breastforms and I LOVE them! My chest measures 38" around, and I wanted to be about a "C" cup so I got the size 6 "Triangle" forms. A very natural look!

I am considering a second pair of larger ones and I'm wondering if anyone is using the "Teardrop" shape? I want to try the "D" or larger, like a size 7 or 8. I would think they look more round on your chest....

I was told that the "Triangle" works well on men and one of my friends mentioned that he liked the "Triangle" shape better than his "Teardrop" because of how they shape around his body, especially under the arm area.

Any Input on this????

Cindy

Jenny
05-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Cindy,

I may have said this in another thread but I have three different sets of breast forms. My first set were teardrop shape purchased at a mastectomy shop. They were intended to be worn in swim suits. While they were fine they did not provide any "fill-in" around my chest, particularly under my arms. So I went shopping for a set of triangle shaped forms. I got a set of adhesive ones, size C, at another mastectomy shop. I loved the fact that I could wear them without a bra if I wanted to. The adhesive worked very well. (The way they work is that you attach some adhesive strips to your chest (after shaving it very closely) which have velcro on them. The breast forms then have the other side of the velcro strip so they stay in place.) The self-adhesive ones were pretty pricey.

The only problem with both sets of forms was their size. I am pretty tall and the forms looked kind of small on me. So I decided to get another set, this time size 8 triangle (which equals a size 38DD or size 40D). I bought these over eBay from siliconeworks for about $100. These have become my favorite forms. While 38DD sounds large, I think they do not look too large on me given my height and general body shape. I love the way they feel in my bra and the way they bounce when I walk. They do fill in under my arms quite well. I look most feminine when I am wearing them.

By the way, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly the sales people were in the mastectomy shops. They both told me they work with crossdressers pretty frequently so I wasn't any surprise to them. One of them says they even set up a booth at crossdressing conventions. I called ahead and set up an appointment at both shops for late in the day so I would not disturb their other customers. It was a wonderful experience talking to the sales people about breast forms and bras.

I hope this helps.

Jenny

CindyT
05-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Jenny,

I appreciate the help! I was thinking about a size 8 also as my second pair. For me that would be like a "D"+ and I just want to play with different tops and bras! :p I want to see how big I can go without looking obviously too bloated....

You can find some good deals on ebay at TeddyB's store, about $90 for a set. That was the cheapest I found and they are a great deal, same ones sell for 150 to 250 at other places!

The best item I've bought yet!

They make "Dressing Up" so much easier and faster!

I know there is also a "Medical Grade" adhesive that can be used with these that also comes with an adhesive remover, but I'm not sure where to buy that stuff. I think for now I'll just stick with the bra(s) and tops.

Thanks for your help! I'll send a few pics as soon as I get a chance....

Cindy

PaulaJeanette
05-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Cindy:

I recently purchased my first pair of breast forms which result in my bustline being a 38B+. I too had a very pleasant experience at a specialty shop. The sales assistants were very helpful and understanding in helping me select and advising me on the appropriate size. Initially, I rejected the breast forms that the female sales assistants were recommending because I thought they were too big. I even left the shop with the smaller size but turned around and went back because I didn't want to make a mistake with such an expensive and IMPORTANT part of my fem wardrobe accessory. I'm glad I did!

The smaller size would NOT have been proportional to my shoulders and simply look funny. I ended up with a size 40. When in place on my body, inside my bras, they look GREAT!!! My breast forms can be worn in several ways to suit my clothes and undergarments.

I'm really happy having such beautifully shaped breasts!!

Paula J.

ruby red
05-21-2004, 10:49 PM
wether teardrop or triangle shop around before making a buy they can be quite expesive i preferred the teardrop because it pushed my flesh upward giving people a little cleavage shot lol. :p

ManInBra
07-31-2004, 11:35 PM
:D Hello Cindy, If you are still looking for Breast Forms,, I Would recommend www.cpmart.com they have the teardrop and triangle and more,, they have Non-medical grade silicone and only $99.00 a pair,

Kath
08-01-2004, 02:25 PM
I think we tend to underestimate the fact that generally speaking most of us are bigger than GG's. Get 'em bigger than you think you need. I wound up with a size 9 triangle pair, I was afraid that I would look like some over siliconed topless dancer, the porportion to my body is just about perfect. I have breasts but not too big to look weird. I just love them they are about the closest thing I can imagine to a real breast. The way they feel when you move and walk is great. I bought my first and only pair from the Breastform store and was very favorably impressed by the wonderful friendly customer service I received. (I was a bit afraid to call but 20 seconds into the call it felt like I buy a set of these every week. It is obvious that they deal with a lot of CDers and know what we need.

The only potential glitch was the fact that they insured the package. That could have been a problem if my wife had been home to sign for the package, fortunaltely she was gone and I was abole to pick them up at the P.O.