PDA

View Full Version : A bra that fits - Underwire woes?

Trina82
10-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Unpadded, I measure out right for a 34A.

Tonight, I bought a 34A demi bra, and I just now had a chance to try it on. It's really the first time I've put on a bra and filled out the cups without any additional padding. I am running into a problem, though. My left "boob" is naturally larger than my right, but this particular bra, being an underwire, is starting to dig in a little.

I love the fact that I can fill it out, and that could possibly be attributed to the fact that it's not a "full cup" bra, as my others are closer to being. It's just really uncomfortable at the ends of the underwire, and I'm about ready to take it off for that reason and that reason alone.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

Billijo49504
10-22-2006, 12:08 AM
A 34A in an underwire, wow!!! I thought a A cup would be a soft cup bra. I do a 38 C or a 40 B and it is kinda small to try to fill them up. But I do my best...BJ

MarieTS
10-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Trina, you may wish to try a padded underwire/push-up bra. In addition to rounding you out a little nicer :heehee: that style bra is much less likely to dig-in.

Lanore
10-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Hello Trina
Have you tried a molded cup bra? Most of my bras are soft cup and a few with the underwire. When I wear the molded cup, I can fill it (40C) and it's just enough padding to give me a really nice look. It also adds a little more fullness. Looks great under a tight top or sweater.

Lanore

Stephenie S
10-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Trina,

This is why you try them on. Weather or not a bra wire "digs in" has little to do with what size it is. There are hundreds and hundreds of bras out there. They are all slightly different. You have to find YOUR size in YOUR style. You can't just pick up a 34A and expect it to fit or be right for you. The stores have fitting rooms for this purpose. You take a selection of bras in, try them on, find one that you like and is comfortable, or maybe you have to try again with a whole bunch more. It takes some time and effort to find a bra that fits you well and is comfortable enough to wear all day. You do not HAVE to do this in the store. You can, if you want the extra bother, take them home, try them on and bring back the ones you don't like. But what a bother! Just try them on in the store. Remember, they WANT you to buy something. That's how they stay in business. Heck, the more you buy, the happier they are with you.

Once you find a bra that fits well and is comfy, think about buying more than one. Perhaps in different colors. You will learn as you go what things to look for. For instance, I find that a bra with a wider strap is more comfortable for me. Although I like a softcup (no underwire) bra for comfort I find that an underwire does add to the suport. It take a bit more shopping for me to find an underwire I can wear all day. BALI is a good line to start with. In general, they make a quality product at a popular price.

Price has a LOT to do with comfort. You can count on spending $25 - $30 for a decent bra. Comfort goes up with price. My wife once bought a bra from Macy's in NY for $125. I was appalled but she said it was the most comfortable bra she had ever worn bar none. She talked it up with her girlfriends for months afterwards. A good bra is difficult to make and it's going to cost more.

And BTW, 34A sounds pretty small for a typical male frame. It may be uncomfortable because it's too tight. I am not a large "girl" and I wear a 40 band size. I can get into a 36 if I struggle, but really a 36 is way too small.

So go back to the store, take your CC and happy shopping.

Lovies,
Steph