PDA

View Full Version : why?

marisa
10-21-2006, 11:49 PM
i am new to this type of forum but i'm learning. why are most people quick to pass judgement and make fun of us? i didn't think that being honest with one's self and trying to be happy was a bad thing.

Billijo49504
10-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Even if you don't look like a raving beauty, you can pass, if you try to look like all the other women at what ever venue you are at. In other words, don't try to look like going to a club, for the the grocery store. You get the idea. Dressappropate for where you will be. Then you will be able to pass, and not be made fun of...BJ

Trina82
10-22-2006, 12:04 AM
I was actually having a discussion with myself about this earlier today, after I went shopping. It's stupid to judge someone by the clothes they wear, really. I can't comprehend what's so wrong about a genetic male wearing, oh, say a really pretty, lacy purple bra, but yet a genetic female is allowed to wear plaid boxer shorts without question.

Granted, you have the "lack of equipment" in most cases, but still. If I want to wear a bra and panties, it doesn't mean anything else about me.

Shannon CD
10-22-2006, 01:02 AM
I think it's simple, really. Most people have a need to feel superior but can only do this if they can make others appear inferior. Anything that does not fall into what society views as normal becomes an easy target. Funny, though, how under this definition, only narrow minded individuals come off as "superior" when, in my humble opinion, it is quite the opposite.

kerrianna
10-22-2006, 01:14 AM
I think it's simple, really. Most people have a need to feel superior but can only do this if they can make others appear inferior. Anything that does not fall into what society views as normal becomes an easy target. Funny, though, how under this definition, only narrow minded individuals come off as "superior" when, in my humble opinion, it is quite the opposite.

YUP. Couldn't agree more.:thumbsup:

Snookums
10-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Thats just human nature,I feel people think they are entitled to judge you.

DeAnna Elaine
10-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Sad, isn't it?

Sheila
10-22-2006, 05:50 AM
We all judge others be they crossdressers or not and whether we are aware we are doing it or not -------- thats life

Jess(SO)

crossing-the-rain
10-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Those "normal" and "moral " people are misunderstand us all the time and they judging us without send us to the court,but they have the freedom to laugh at us and we have the freedom to do what we feel comfortable under the law.I used o worry about what people think,but no matter how ,they don't understand
or try to understand nor listen to us.
Rain.

Sandra
10-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Why do they do it?

Because they don't know enough about the TG community and some aren't even willing to learn.

Nigella
10-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Cos they can't shoot us. :tongueout

Look at the human race, anything they don't understand they shoot, anything they can't shoot, they ridicule.

The nature of the beast

tammysuetv
10-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Ignorance and prejudice are the big ones. People do not react well to things that are different.

Helen MC
10-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Many butch and macho men are afraid of CDs as they feel that we somehow threaten their own masculinity or else they consider us as an insult to the same. Nothing could be further from the truth of course. Then there are the religious bigots who consider Cross-Dressing as much an abomination as bestiality. You simply cannot win with them. We also have the skewed public perception which allows a woman to wear anything from the most girly female to the most butch and macho male clothing with hardly an eyebrow being raised but which would ridicule a man in even the plainest of female clothing.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2006, 09:30 AM
i am new to this type of forum but i'm learning. why are most people quick to pass judgement and make fun of us? i didn't think that being honest with one's self and trying to be happy was a bad thing.Short answer: Because they are as*****s Hon and mis informed. They believe the media hype about CD's and TG's. Well, don't take the time to get to know us as a person, that would be too much effort. They are prey to their own insecurities mostly. It's easier to try to fit everyone into a convenient little "box". I appreciate everyone for who they are as an individual, that's my nature. I believe in diversity but not in ignorance and most people seem to be ignorant by choice.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Tina Dixon
10-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Human nature sucks, I find my self the same way but I am getting better since I have discovered the female person in me.

Valerie Nova
10-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Uh, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but could it be that you guys just plain look silly wearing women's clothes?

Most guys associate the clothes that crossdressers are prone to wear with sexiness. I mean, that's why you wear them right? Then they see a man wearing them, and that's disturbing to them. It's not much different from seeing a 400 pound woman wearing a tube top and short shorts, or even thinking your cousin is sexy. It produces strongly conflicting, unpleasant emotions.

Katrina
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Uh, I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but could it be that you guys just plain look silly wearing women's clothes?

Most guys associate the clothes that crossdressers are prone to wear with sexiness. I mean, that's why you wear them right? Then they see a man wearing them, and that's disturbing to them. It's not much different from seeing a 400 pound woman wearing a tube top and short shorts, or even thinking your cousin is sexy. It produces strongly conflicting, unpleasant emotions.

That's just it though. I would say that most of the CDers that I have met are not doing it for the sexiness. They are doing it to express their feminine side. Its very limiting to think that there are only two genders - either completely male or completely female. In actuality, everyone has a bit of both genders in them. The ones that are unfortunate enough to have a larger portion of the opposite gender in them are often ridiculed by society.

BTW, love the raccoon in your avatar!

Tina Dixon
10-22-2006, 03:09 PM

You know when I do dress, getting to that point I am a man in a dress, but when I'm done and dressed a bigger transformation also take over on the inside, yes the female in me does come out, can't explain it but most of the time I no longer feel like a guy in a dress, must be why I now have a female name when in fem because I am now a new person.

Joy Carter
10-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I remember growing up and hearing others talk and I just never quite understood why they felt so superior. I mean you can look at anyone and find something bad or that you don't like. I know some people who are realy attractive and they are the ugly-est people on the inside. So yeah I agree that people just make themselves feel better by putting another down.:2c:

Sandra
10-22-2006, 04:01 PM

Don't know about being flamed more like chewed up and the bones spat out, :)

MJ
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
there is a saying to those who understand on explanation is necessary but to those who do not understand no explanation will do.. acceptance is the key. what you see is what you get. don't like it look the other way..

PS vir you look good for a f 2 m keep up the good work..

Kate Simmons
10-22-2006, 04:26 PM

Most guys associate the clothes that crossdressers are prone to wear with sexiness. I mean, that's why you wear them right? Then they see a man wearing them, and that's disturbing to them. It's not much different from seeing a 400 pound woman wearing a tube top and short shorts, or even thinking your cousin is sexy. It produces strongly conflicting, unpleasant emotions.Speak for yourself, Hon. I look pretty damn good in women's clothes myself. I never claimed to be one though. That assumption is in the eye of the beholder.:happy: Ericka/Rich

Amy Hepker
10-22-2006, 04:28 PM
This is why I don't dress in public, because I don't think I can pass. But when I put on a dress and look around from inside it I feel that I could be this other person, not the one I have to be. I don't want to be thought of as a man in a dress but another person being myself. I have been out many times at Halloween and had very good reations and never a bad time, but I would hate to have a run in with someone who can't even run there own lives and have to cut others down to be above them. These people have problems themselves and can't handle the real world. I don't dress to get out of this world, I dress to make myself feel good.
GOD BLESS!!!
AMY

Rachel Morley
10-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Well, if you don't mind me saying, that's a bit of a sweeping statement. I know you are a new member here but only some of the members fit into the catagory you're describing. There are plenty of others here that I challenge anyone not to find pleasant to look at. Notice I didn't say sexy, I just mean their appearence isn't offensive or silly when wearing women's clothes. I'll leave you to decide which catagory I fit into based upon my avatar and profile pic :tongueout:

Anyway, my point is crossdressing can be a lot of different things to a lot different people. Marisa's original question was about what "people as a whole" think about us. No offence, but your answer seems to be more of a personal response, which is fine, but be warned (on this forum) your view is unlikely to be shared by many :D

For what it's worth my personal opinion is that it's got nothing to do with people thinking we look silly. People don't generally feel threatened by something they find silly. It's got to with fear. People fear what they don't understand.

Valerie Nova
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Well.... yeah, I can understand that you need to feel feminine somehow. And if you can pass as a woman, more power to you. I think it's a lot easier for women wanting to feel masculine, because no one really thinks anything of a woman wearing jeans and a flannel shirt anymore.

That's just it though. I would say that most of the CDers that I have met are not doing it for the sexiness. They are doing it to express their feminine side. Its very limiting to think that there are only two genders - either completely male or completely female. In actuality, everyone has a bit of both genders in them. The ones that are unfortunate enough to have a larger portion of the opposite gender in them are often ridiculed by society.
Yeah, I admit I'm having way more fun than I should dressing up as a woman for halloween. Maybe expressing my feminine side a little is healthy. I think everyone should at some point.

It's too bad there isn't really a solution. I wouldn't laugh at or make fun of a crossdresser in public. If anything, I'd compliment them on their courage.

BTW, love the raccoon in your avatar!
Yeah, he's a pet of my friends. They don't make very good pets though, they destroy everything! :yikes:

F2M!? Ow, that hurt... :mad:

Lanore
10-22-2006, 06:45 PM
I believe everyone has something inside that's different, but will not let it out. In this world, you are either a man or a woman. Anything out of that range is different. If we CD, then we're gay and that's not always the case. We are who we are and that makes us different. And being different is good in my book. If I worried about everyones opinion, I'd be like everyone else.

Lanore

MJ
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry vir forgive me. so you are a CD like us then a male to female .please accept my apology i assume by your avatar you were a f 2 m . most of us here use a feminine or our own fem image. again sorry about that.

ubokvt
10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
they judge because we are different, we shock them, they are not sure how to react, so they rely on stero types to determine how to think and act, because it is easier and they wont appear different to their peers by reacting with anything else than the standard judgements. They are sheep following the lead of the herd. Have some sympathy for them and their unlived lives.

shelly gg
10-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I think it is made fun of or scorned because it is not the "mainstream" value at this time. I totally loved the 80's and I really don't know what happened between then and now. Gender wardrobe and roles were really being intermingled for a time. I mean, who can forget Prince with his ruffled shirts, eyeliner, platform heeled boots and skin tight velvet suits. Or how bout all the hair bands with full make-up, big hair and spandex? And I for one never ever thought it was unflattering or silly looking. But, something changed in society since then and it isn't acceptable again. I think it has alot to do with HIV and other social sexual diseases and people translate that into "anyone not playing their role is a risk". It is sad, because I thought for sure we were going to move forward with acceptance and tollerance, when in reality, we took huge steps backwards.

ashleyinwpb
10-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I dress because it is me...I don't dress to pass, I incorporate my girl clothes to mesh with my guy clothes. I like to be androgynous.

Valerie Nova
10-23-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm sorry vir forgive me. so you are a CD like us then a male to female .please accept my apology i assume by your avatar you were a f 2 m . most of us here use a feminine or our own fem image. again sorry about that.
Heh, I thought you were making fun of me. No worries. But I guess I can see why you'd think that. I don't have any pictures of me dressed as a woman, so I used that one because it's just my favorite picture of me. Ok, I changed my avatar to my world of warcraft character, since that's the closest thing I have to me as a girl. :D

But also, my name means "New Man" in latin, so I guess that might hint I started life as a girl. Really, it comes from my name, Neuman = New Man = Vir Novum.

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
:2c:

I believe (for whatever that's worth) that society is still misgynistic in it's very nature. Women are still not regarded as equal in most circles. Therein lies the problem for us.

A woman is free to emulate men, she is, after all "emulating the strong", but of course, falling short "isn't she cute? Trying to be a little guy". They are 'upgrading' in societies eyes.

We, on the otherhand, are "emulating the weak", we are dumbing down our superiority (societiy's opinion, not mine. I think that both genders are messed up :D ) We are already the stronger of the two genders, why would we want to downgrade?

And, God forbid, one of the misgynistic, and impossibly homophobic men find one of us attractive. Then they have to start questioning their own sexuallity, and things turn ugly quickly.

I personally believe the women are the stronger sex, they are far more in touch with themselves and are able to aquire better friendships. There are of course, exceptions on both sides of that.

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok, I changed my avatar to my world of warcraft character, since that's the closest thing I have to me as a girl. :D

World of Warcraft? Such a tragic timesink... I sympathize, however, as a recovering Everquest 2 junkie.

Cheers.

Robin Leigh
10-23-2006, 10:30 AM

No, MJ. Vir is not actually a crossdresser. He mentioned in one of his first posts that he's here to pick up tips for his Halloween costume. I admire that kind of serious research. :)

Robin

Valerie Nova
10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
World of Warcraft? Such a tragic timesink... I sympathize, however, as a recovering Everquest 2 junkie.

Cheers.
Heh, I used to be an EQ2 addict too. I got a female illusionist up to level 30 just so I could cast group illusion human and turn all of my party members into girls. There were some pretty amusing reactions, I wish I could do that in real life. :D

I never really got that addicted to WoW, since I mostly just played with a group of friends I know in real life.

I believe (for whatever that's worth) that society is still misgynistic in it's very nature. Women are still not regarded as equal in most circles. Therein lies the problem for us.

A woman is free to emulate men, she is, after all "emulating the strong", but of course, falling short "isn't she cute? Trying to be a little guy". They are 'upgrading' in societies eyes.

We, on the otherhand, are "emulating the weak", we are dumbing down our superiority (societiy's opinion, not mine. I think that both genders are messed up ) We are already the stronger of the two genders, why would we want to downgrade?
I agree. For a woman, emulating a man can either mean she is empowered and doesn't want to be treated as a sexual object, or it can mean she is fairly masculine. Since the first group is very common today, the second group has a much easier time being accepted. With men trying to be women, they pretty much all are not very masculine.

I personally believe the women are the stronger sex, they are far more in touch with themselves and are able to aquire better friendships. There are of course, exceptions on both sides of that.
I disagree. Women are much more likely to take abuse without fighting back, as well as conform to what society thinks they should be like. And this also contributes to the fact that masculine women are more widely accepted. Masculine women are more like men, and thus they are less likely to take abuse and conform to what society thinks they should be like. They're willing to stand up for themselves. Feminine men on the other hand are more likely to conform to society, and thus act like men even though they hate doing it.

Snookums
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
my worse experience with judgemental trash was in the MSN TG,CD chat room,never in my life have I encountered such miserable low life back stabbing trash.in my job I traveled all around the world,seen all kinds of people,experienced all kinds of cultures,but the only kind I ever saw that will kill their own and eat them are rats.
The hosts were ignorant bullies with their finger on the button,thank god they couldn't launch ICBM's,never in my life have I ever been so abused,then I came into the CD chat,thats when I encountered Miss Ice,what a b**ch,for some unknown reason that jerk took a dislike to me and she would kick me just to practice the button,thats one of the reasons I will never go into that chatroom again.
I have had enough abuse in my life I don't need some low life scumbag in a chat room abusing me.

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Heh, I used to be an EQ2 addict too. I got a female illusionist up to level 30 just so I could cast group illusion human and turn all of my party members into girls. There were some pretty amusing reactions, I wish I could do that in real life. :D

I have a 30 something illusionist too, but honestly, I'm glad to be off the game, it was eating my life and soul. :D

I disagree. Women are much more likely to take abuse without fighting back, as well as conform to what society thinks they should be like. And this also contributes to the fact that masculine women are more widely accepted. Masculine women are more like men, and thus they are less likely to take abuse and conform to what society thinks they should be like. They're willing to stand up for themselves. Feminine men on the other hand are more likely to conform to society, and thus act like men even though they hate doing it.

Well put on thoughts regarding abuse. That's one issue though, I still think women have the edge on men overall.

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
my worse experience with judgemental trash was in the MSN TG,CD chat room,never in my life have I encountered such miserable low life back stabbing trash.in my job I traveled all around the world,seen all kinds of people,experienced all kinds of cultures,but the only kind I ever saw that will kill their own and eat them are rats.
The hosts were ignorant bullies with their finger on the button,thank god they couldn't launch ICBM's,never in my life have I ever been so abused,then I came into the CD chat,thats when I encountered Miss Ice,what a b**ch,for some unknown reason that jerk took a dislike to me and she would kick me just to practice the button,thats one of the reasons I will never go into that chatroom again.
I have had enough abuse in my life I don't need some low life scumbag in a chat room abusing me.

MSN chat is no more anyways. Probably somewhat due to some of the the things you've brought up just now.

Sky
10-23-2006, 11:15 AM

Yes, it could be. Sometimes, maybe. WTF, it is.

And I hope you don't get flamed. Sincerity should not be punished. :thumbsup:

Robin Leigh
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Heh, I used to be an EQ2 addict too. I got a female illusionist up to level 30 just so I could cast group illusion human and turn all of my party members into girls. There were some pretty amusing reactions, I wish I could do that . :D

If you could do that in real life, I would be your Very Best Friend. :D

With men trying to be women, they pretty much all are not very masculine.

Not always true. Some CDers (but not me) are quite masculine, as well as having their feminine side.

Feminine men on the other hand are more likely to conform to society, and thus act like men even though they hate doing it.

Guilty as charged. But there are members here who do love engaging in masculine activities, as well as their feminine pursuits.

I hope you stay around after your Halloween party, Vir. I like the way you think and the clear way you express yourself. And we don't get many guys like you here. It's mostly just CDs and the occasional CD admirer...

Robin

KarenSusan
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Cos they can't shoot us. :tongueout

Look at the human race, anything they don't understand they shoot, anything they can't shoot, they ridicule.

The nature of the beast

Absolutely.:iagree:

Iniquity Blonde GG
10-23-2006, 12:11 PM
iam partner of a c/d. it seems to me people are afraid of what they dont know/understand. i only found out 2 months ago about my man c/d, and ive been with him 2 years !!!!! his immediate reaction was id run amile want as he said " a real man" !!!! but, hes still the bloke i met, fell in love with. it doesnt scare me, it intrigues me. after all us women take things for granted, we dont always appreciate the feel/buzz of buying something that feel good. so its helping me discover me as well. c/d isnt a bad thing, sometimes it seems it takes away the pain of real life, and if that makes u feel good then what the hell i say xxx wicked blonde xx

Valerie Nova
10-23-2006, 12:17 PM
No, MJ. Vir is not actually a crossdresser. He mentioned in one of his first posts that he's here to pick up tips for his Halloween costume. I admire that kind of serious research. :)

Robin
haha, yeah. I really don't want to look too much like a man in a dress or a ten-dollar *****, and I figured I could learn some stuff here. But gender roles and society really is an interesting subject.

Well put on thoughts regarding abuse. That's one issue though, I still think women have the edge on men overall.
I certainly agree that women are a lot better than men at certain things. Like determining how a person feels about something. I'm afraid to be around some women because it's like they're reading my mind! But you said women are stronger, and I'm not sure what you mean by that. I mean, there's no question that men are physically stronger. And most men are less emotionally needy. I guess the main difference is that women generally have broader social networks, and they can cope with some things more easily by letting their friends help them through. But I think this is more a sign of realizing your weakness and allowing for it. Men often have a harder time with these things because society isn't really as conductive to men expressing their feelings. But it is getting better I think.

Yes, it could be. Sometimes, maybe. WTF, it is.

And I hope you don't get flamed. Sincerity should not be punished. :thumbsup:
Yeah, a lot of people seem to think it's a problem with society, but I'm not so sure. I mean, the whole reason you guys seem to like wearing women's clothes is because society views them as being feminine. If baggy pants with chains on them were considered sexy and feminine, Lord knows a lot of you would be wearing them.

If you could do that in real life, I would be your Very Best Friend. :D
No doubt! This might be possible someday with a combination of nanotech and genetic engineering. Either that or something like The Matrix where you plug your brain into a computer and you're in a virtual world where you can look like whatever you want to. We're moving fast on both fronts right now.

Not always true. Some CDers (but not me) are quite masculine, as well as having their feminine side.

Guilty as charged. But there are members here who do love engaging in masculine activities, as well as their feminine pursuits.
Yeah, this might be a topic for another thread, but I've heard some interesting scientific theories on this. I'll write about them more later.

I hope you stay around after your Halloween party, Vir. I like the way you think and the clear way you express yourself. And we don't get many guys like you here. It's mostly just CDs and the occasional CD admirer...

Robin
Thanks! I'll post some pictures of me dressed up as a woman after my party, and you can gauge how I did. :D

I started off mostly interested in learning how to give myself a fairly realistic-looking rack, and maybe learn how this one cross dresser I saw was able to make his voice sound like a woman's without sounding like mickey mouse. But there are a lot of really interesting subjects and questions brought up here, and I've learned a lot. I'm glad to hear at least some of my input is appreciated as well. :)

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
I certainly agree that women are a lot better than men at certain things. Like determining how a person feels about something. I'm afraid to be around some women because it's like they're reading my mind! But you said women are stronger, and I'm not sure what you mean by that. I mean, there's no question that men are physically stronger. And most men are less emotionally needy. I guess the main difference is that women generally have broader social networks, and they can cope with some things more easily by letting their friends help them through. But I think this is more a sign of realizing your weakness and allowing for it. Men often have a harder time with these things because society isn't really as conductive to men expressing their feelings. But it is getting better I think.

I didn't mean physically stronger, the men win that one outright. And I'm sure any girl here who's played around with hormones for any length of time would agree. I did mean emotionally, men pretend to be less emotionally needy, but I know a lot of men that would literally not make it if it weren't for their wives. Also, some of the most emotionally needy people I know are men.. You mention 'realizing a weakness and allowing for it. That my friend, is the secret of life. Men refuse to realize many weaknesses, which in turn, makes them weaker

Valerie Nova
10-24-2006, 10:42 AM
I didn't mean physically stronger, the men win that one outright. And I'm sure any girl here who's played around with hormones for any length of time would agree. I did mean emotionally, men pretend to be less emotionally needy, but I know a lot of men that would literally not make it if it weren't for their wives. Also, some of the most emotionally needy people I know are men.. You mention 'realizing a weakness and allowing for it. That my friend, is the secret of life. Men refuse to realize many weaknesses, which in turn, makes them weaker
I know what you're saying, but I still don't really agree. The women I know are without a doubt more emotionally needy, but they are more likely to feed those needs. Men have emotional needs as well, but because feeding their emotional needs is considered feminine by a lot of guys, they're less likely to do so.

Say you have two guys trying to lift boxes. The first guy tries to lift a box and can't, so he gets a friend to help him. The second guy nearly throws out his back lifting the box, but he does lift it. The first guy isn't stronger though. He's perhaps more intelligent, more practical, and less stubborn, but he's not really stronger.

I know we're talking about emotional strength, but I think that's a similar thing. Men can get by with only having a few people to talk about their feelings with. For instance, I really only ever shared my feelings with my brother, my mom, and my girlfriend (when i had one). My mom and my sister, on the other hand, have huge social networks that they're always sharing their problems and feelings with. That's not something that I, or most guys, need.

Robin Leigh
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
haha, yeah. I really don't want to look too much like a man in a dress or a ten-dollar *****, and I figured I could learn some stuff here. But gender roles and society really is an interesting subject.
There are plenty of great tips in the archives, but if you do have any specific questions, please just ask away. Some of us have been doing this since before you were born. :heehee:

Gender roles and society is an interesting subject, but sometimes it's not much fun being a gender outlaw. We don't just discuss this stuff for amusement: we've got to live it!

Yeah, a lot of people seem to think it's a problem with society, but I'm not so sure. I mean, the whole reason you guys seem to like wearing women's clothes is because society views them as being feminine. If baggy pants with chains on them were considered sexy and feminine, Lord knows a lot of you would be wearing them.
Probably. :) Just look at TG in Polynesia. To Western eyes, the men & women wear identical clothing, but to the locals, it all comes down to the kinds of knots you use to tie your sarong (or whatever), how it drapes, and how you wear flowers & jewellery.

A CD once said (on another site) "If men & women wore identical garments, except the men's garment had 4 buttons, and the women's garment had 5 buttons, then I would have to have that fifth button." I know where she's coming from, but I do like my lace & frills, too. :)

No doubt! This might be possible someday with a combination of nanotech and genetic engineering. Either that or something like The Matrix where you plug your brain into a computer and you're in a virtual world where you can look like whatever you want to. We're moving fast on both fronts right now.
I'm a big sci-fi fan, and especially love reading stories with a TG element, like many of the stories of John Varley (one of the precursors to cyberpunk), Rudy Rucker (winner of the first Phillip K Dick awards), and the amazing "Left Hand of Darkness" by Ursulla K LeGuin. Varley's stories cover a thousand year time span, and include various levels of sex change technology, eventually including fully functional & fully reversible sex changes.

I do hope they develop nanotech breast forms in my lifetime. They could be indistinguishable from the real thing, even transmitting fake nerve impulses to the wearer, so it'd feel perfectly genuine when they were touched. :)

It could make a great short story: an extra smart nanotech breast goes rogue & takes over the world. :D

Thanks! I'll post some pictures of me dressed up as a woman after my party, and you can gauge how I did. :D
Cool! In the meantime, it would be nice if you put your guy pic back as your avatar, or maybe it would be more appropriate as your profile pic.

maybe learn how this one cross dresser I saw was able to make his voice sound like a woman's without sounding like mickey mouse.
Voice is not easy, and takes lots of practice to get right. Do you sing? That can help. Take a look at this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=577885&highlight=filtering#post577885) recent thread, and especially at the links to Melanie Anne Phillips's page.

But if you wish to portray a CD rather than a TS, you don't have to worry too much about the voice. Most of us CDers don't do femme voice very well. :o

Robin