PDA

View Full Version : Constantly hungry & tired.

durden
10-22-2006, 12:00 AM
For any other FTMs that are taking T, do you remember if you were tired during the beginning months of your injections? I am 2 months into T and instead of getting a huge boost in my energy levels, I find myself feeling super tired. My muscles feel like they constantly ache, and I find myself stretching a lot. I also have a huge appetite. I tell myself that my body is working like crazy inside to accomodate all of the changes it's going through. So all it really wants right now is food and sleep. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar pattern at the beginning.

I think I posted this in the wrong section.

Kieron Andrew
10-22-2006, 07:38 AM
nope its in the right section mate.....Capt is your man he's been on T* for sometime now :)

Agles
10-22-2006, 08:44 AM
huge appetite??
you are a growing boy after all:heehee:

if you as me it sounds like your muscles maybe growing. that can answer all three problems. A- they ache because there being used, B- your body is tired because if the increas in energy being used to work those muscles, C- you need food to give you both energy as well as stuff your body needs to make those muscles bigger.

well that's my though anyway. makes sense to me.
i say order same pie:D , maybe take some pain killers (something ment for muscle pain, over the counter is fine, just do not over do it) and take nice long nap.:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

='.'=
Jamie

Kieron Andrew
10-22-2006, 08:46 AM
makes sense to me.
that actually makes sense to me too

boi_0h
10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
You might want to check with your endocrinologist, that could mean you're getting a dosage that is too high, fatigue etc, is a common symptom of "overdose" or higher levels than are tolerable at this point.

Agles
10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
You might want to check with your endocrinologist, that could mean you're getting a dosage that is too high, fatigue etc, is a common symptom of "overdose" or higher levels than are tolerable at this point.

this could be too, higher dosage could cause this to be worse then it should be. faster growth and such.
in the end you half to look at your self as a young man and all those things they go through in there teens. just remember when you eat, eat right. dont go snaging junk food all the time. also mattering on what you eat that too can make you sleepy.

='.'=
Jamie

CaptLex
10-22-2006, 07:42 PM
For any other FTMs that are taking T, do you remember if you were tired during the beginning months of your injections? I am 2 months into T and instead of getting a huge boost in my energy levels, I find myself feeling super tired. My muscles feel like they constantly ache, and I find myself stretching a lot. I also have a huge appetite.
Hey, Durden:

I started taking T almost six months ago, so I'm only a little further along than you. I don't know what dose you take, and maybe that makes a difference. I started on 1/2 cc and last month it was increased to 1 cc. My arm muscles didn't ache, but I did get cramps in my legs at the beginning (not anymore). Also, I don't remember being fatigued, but the appetite changed so that I became hungry every couple of hours and could only eat small (but more frequent) meals, instead of large meals. Feel free to read my thread ("Captain's Log") in the Transexual section, if you want to know more. :happy:

durden
10-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, Durden:

I started taking T almost six months ago, so I'm only a little further along than you. I don't know what dose you take, and maybe that makes a difference. I started on 1/2 cc and last month it was increased to 1 cc. My arm muscles didn't ache, but I did get cramps in my legs at the beginning (not anymore). Also, I don't remember being fatigued, but the appetite changed so that I became hungry every couple of hours and could only eat small (but more frequent) meals, instead of large meals. Feel free to read my thread ("Captain's Log") in the Transexual section, if you want to know more. :happy:

I've started out on 1cc every 2 weeks. I think that's a low amount, so I don't suspect that it has anything to do w/an overdose to the system. I guess it's best to chalk it up as some said and assume that it's my body working harder to deal w/the muscle growth, etc. I'll be going to see my doctor soon, for the 3 month checkup, so I'll mention it to him then. I'm also thinking of asking him to up my T levels, as long as my body is handling everything well. Guess we'll see how it goes though.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-23-2006, 12:31 AM
I'd definitely talk to your endo about it.

The hunger is pretty typical of teenage boys, so that doesn't sound unreasonable. (The need for teenage boys to sleep is partly due to body growth, but also partly due to teens have sleep cycles that a different than at other ages.) But the fatigue and muscle ache, isn't something I remember being typical in my teenage years (or that of my peers), so while I think it's probably just muscle growth, it does sounds like a case of a little too much too fast.

OTOH, if you're also doing weight-training to bulk up, the fatigue and constant muscle ache is probably a sign of over-training.

Regardless, it's something your endo should know about.

Just be patient -- remember we didn't turn into men overnight either.