PDA

View Full Version : Shoe conversion

JayinNYC
01-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Hey gals .... looking to buy my first pair of heels. Where can I find a conversion chart to see what size I need. I wear a mens 12-13. Thanks ... Hugs....

rachel_rachel
01-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Try this link,

http://members.aol.com/varfee/mastssite/size_Kalculator.html

Fallen Angel
01-05-2005, 12:30 AM
the easyest rule of thumb is womens shoes a size and a half lager and as the height of the heel goes up one additional size your best bet is to go to a trannsgender site that offers larger shoe sizes and must of those are in the uk im alittle moore in luck i have a size 8 but im a wide with but agian all my shoes are from the internet

donna anne
01-05-2005, 08:45 PM
i wear a size 11 1/2 in mens and can fit into a 13 which is tight or a 14 which is
alittle loose

rachel_jean
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Check out this chart

http://www.dressed2play.com/sizechart.html

Nice selection and decent prices too

I bought a pair of high heel boots from there and love them.

Rachel Jean

DonnaT
01-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I haven't seen an accurate chart yet that corresponds to my sizes. Most charts say add 1.5 to 2 to the US womens' size.

Well, I wear a 7.5 men's and an 8.5 women's. But one pair should have been an 8, so I think the maker may be of consequence also.

Best bet is to try them on first.

Ashleigh
01-06-2005, 12:57 AM
I wear a man's 12D and a women's 14M. The width is just as important. What I have found out with all my shoes is that adding 2 to the U.S. size does it. I had to actually measure my width (myself) at a Payless.

Tristen Cox
01-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Not that this will help but I take the same size in mens and womans shoes if they are flat, this increases as I add height to the heels. So for a 4 inch heel I'm at one full size up and for 5 inch heels two sizes up. If your feet aren't too wide and the toe of the shoe is wide and not pointed, the US shoe size should remain about the same (until you get into higher heels). Some of the sites mentioned below in my Links pages have male to female sizing charts but may not be completely reliable. It's really a practice thing. Get to know your feet ;)

Love
Tristen

GraceUSA
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
In UK sized the length of the shoe is about the same for men and women, just the width is different. So if you have a wider foot (for a girl) you usually have to get a half larger size to make it comfortable. In the US the length of the shoe is different between men and women where womens shoes are about one size larger for the same length in mens shoes. But you will have the same problem as UK shoes as the width is very different making you need to add a half to a full size to make the shoe comfortable to wear. Also archs are different for men and women which makes it even more complicated to make a generic conversion. The best bet is to get your foot messured at a store or try on some different sizes to find the one that fits best.

I am personally a 11 B (or medium) for womens or a 10 B (or narrow) in Mens in the US.

Grace