PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on passing

Amanda420
10-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Though it may be wrong, a while back I found a great way to see if you can pass to people. I started a MySpace account as Amanda, but did not mention anything about NOT being a GG. I just picked a different city far from my real hometown. Within hours of creating the account, I had LOTS of friend requests from guys, as well as dudes who wanted to meet me! I even chatted with a few. It was neat to be treated as a GG. Passing, to me anyway, is an integral part of this experience. I know alot of CDers who say its not about passing. Well, since most, id say 95%, CDers do NOT pass at ALL, I think they just dont understand what its like to pass, or may be a tad bit jealous of those who can. If I thought that I looked like a guy in a dress, I would hang up my heels for good.The stongest feelings I get is when I look in the mirror and see a woman looking back. Its breathtaking. One thing that consistantly happens to me is that each time I get into dressing, I take it a step further. And each step closer brings my female persona to life that much more. This is as addictive as any illeagal substance (TRUST me), and can cost just as much. But Ill tell ya, nothing, I mean NOTHING I have ever done in my life can compare to the moments that I KNOW I passed in public.Its what drives me to perfection. Is this the same kind of force that drives GG's to spend so much time on their appearance?Ive often wondered why the urge is so stong somtimes. Perhaps somehow, though our bodys have grown into male, some of our mind is still stongly female. Once again, I come to the balance factor, we HAVE to be guys ALL the time and supress the fem in us,but for us who CD, supressing the powerful female in us leads to massive "outbreaks" if you will, of dressing. Since we cant naturally balance ourselves out, and have to wait long periods in between dressing somtimes, we anticipate it more and more, and find ourselves thinking only of dressing untill we sate our urges. I could go on and on about the psycology of CDers. Sorry for rambling on.....all this from someone who only has 10 1/2 years of public American education! Go figure. By the way, im building up to this Halloween, im gonna pull out all the stops and fully dress up. Im just gonna try to look great, no "costume" per se. Ill post some pics so that I can put my money where my mouth is.

JenniferMint
10-22-2006, 02:23 PM
If I thought that I looked like a guy in a dress, I would hang up my heels for good.

I'm TG instead of CD, but I sort of feel that way too. Like, if I had to choose between being a pretty guy and an ugly girl, I'd choose to be the pretty guy.

My female self is still in her teenage girl stage where she's worried about how she looks and gets excited when people call her pretty. Maybe she'll grow out of it later and stop dwelling so much on her appearance---it's fun but can be annoying at times!

Sophie Haworth
10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Amanda.

I understand, how fantastic it does feel to pass and look like a woman. Wow what a thrill!!

I also dress to pass and it is not easy, but also I have posted images here and had many helpful critical comments, and look forward to your pics.

I am just about to post some more myself.

Sophie.

Tina Dixon
10-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh I have been on my space and others and have been hit on by guys, but pictures are so much diffrent than the real thing.

NatashaWI
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I don't expect to pass - just hope to be accepted. When I am Nastasha, I feel like a woman - to me, that's all that matters. (Some people DON'T guess that I'm a guy!)

slamddoger
10-22-2006, 06:19 PM
i think that if you are comfortable being out and confident that pepole wound knows you at all but if look un comfortable pople will knows you

Rachel Morley
10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, since most, id say 95%, CDers do NOT pass at ALL, I think they just dont understand what its like to pass, or may be a tad bit jealous of those who can. If I thought that I looked like a guy in a dress, I would hang up my heels for good.

But Ill tell ya, nothing, I mean NOTHING I have ever done in my life can compare to the moments that I KNOW I passed in public.
That's a pretty bold statement coming from someone hasn't posted an avatar, a profile pic, or a link to their myspace gallery. How about you post a quality close up picture and let us decide if you should hang up your heels? Let me be the first to appologize to you and eat my words :D

GG Vanya
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Pictures aren't worth the paper you'd print them on as far as passing goes. Anyone, GG or CD will only post their *best* pics when trying to garner approval and/or compliments.

Many people use photos of someone else, or if they post their own they use pics that are decades old...and there's also this little program on computers called "photoshop". I give little if any credence to online photos relative to passing if the person is adamently proclaiming themselves to be passable.

Thankfully Trudi's crossdressing isn't about passing. Granted, my view is skewed because I see her through eyes of love, but I think she's very passable. I'd never say she's 100% as I think no genetic male can ever totally and absolutely pass as a genetic female.

For Trudi, crossdressing is a chance to express the part of her person that she only shares with me. The clothes are simply a manifestation of the other half of the person that I love so completely.

This is a good thing. :love: :happy: :<3:

MJ
10-22-2006, 07:11 PM
hi Amanda

sorry Hun i am with angel on this one. :-

im building up to this Halloween, im gonna pull out all the stops and fully dress up. Im just gonna try to look great, no "costume" per se. Ill post some pics so that I can put my money where my mouth is.

OK put your money were your mouth is take pictures from your web site and post them here oh and an avatar show us how it's done and if i am wrong i will post an apology...

GG Vanya
10-22-2006, 07:13 PM
To me vanity is just as unattractive on a CD as it is on a GG.

Amanda420
10-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I went through a nasty purge in mid feb., so unfortunately I have no more proof other than the old thread where I asked the age old question, Do I pass? Unfortunatly, I had removed all of those pics with the purge, but alot of the comments speak for themself. Maybe someone will remember me?

GG Vanya
10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I think the mods can reinstate deleted posts. I went through a snit right after I joined this forum and deleted everything and one of the mods offered to resurrect them for me if I wanted that. I declined.

Perhaps if you ask them nicely?

Amanda420
10-22-2006, 07:50 PM
How do I go about doing that? It would be great!

SBryder
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
I dunno if saying guys wanting to add you via myspace is a good test for passing XD

My old myspace I had NO pictures of myself, just "female" selected as my gender and my comics in which I would draw myself as female. Other than that, it was just me and and my rants, and I *still* got friend requests from guys. I think its still active...

Myspace is just filled with desperate perverted nerds, lol.

Sad thing is, myself included T.T

GG Vanya
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
How do I go about doing that? It would be great!

Send a PM to Sharon, TamaraGG or any of the other mods listed at the bottom of this section of the forum.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
the question we have to ask ourselves is when we say "hey i pass!! do we really mean it? i mean really pass as a gg and nobody knows or just kinda pass...for 99% of us, isnt it really the latter that is our best chance

and i'm not specifically talking about amanda, i havent seen pics so i assume her pics are great!!...

i'm serious...if your on here saying "hey i'm passable" and everybody agrees and you go out and try to pass yourself off as gg and get into a situation, dont blame us!! :heehee:

by the way
amanda i did the same thing on hot or not once and i signed up for whatever messaging "meet me" thing they had and i got literally over a hundred hits in a weekend...and get this...some of the guys were clicking every picture and i know it becuz i got 3 or 4 hits from a number of guys...i'm sure a couple were too drunk or high to notice...also a couple of them had tg as their interests so i know they read me too

but i dont think they were truly interested
of course neither was i! LOL

why did i do it?? same reason as you!! i'm a crossdresser!!
i think its great you got alot of hits and as an xdresser i loved getting the responses and it made me feel good but i don't take it as passing is all i'm trying to say

take care!
michele

Stephenie S
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Looking good in a picture and "passing" are two completely different things. There's a world of difference. Almost anyone can look good in a picture. Start to move, talk, walk, suddenly it's a whole nuther ballgame.

Lovies,
Steph

jennifer41356
10-22-2006, 09:11 PM
since getting electrolysis I gained confidence to go out in public as a woman..I go shopping and do other things in girl mode, grcoery shop things like that..I am fortunate not to be tall and I have been told I have a fem voice , so i guess that helps...I learned that to go out in public and blend in, I would have to have day time clothes, so now that is what I usually buy...I still have my hot outfits for going clubbing

It tkaes practice and gaining confidence, We arent used to being looked at like women are so when people are checking us out we think we are being read, where in actuallity they maybe checking out the cute top or cute shoes....

I am love spending most of my time as a woman, so going out has been an important stride in my life...I reccommend it, try going to places wher mainly women go and get used to being out...its a lot of fun:D

terrinoble
10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Careful. Many of those guys who send messages on Myspace are scammers.

http://www.data-wales.co.uk/nigerian_chat.htm

I've gotten way too many of those, despite a prominent note on my page reading "I'm looking for women only!"

GG Vanya
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
My sister had one of those people contact her just 2 weeks ago!

She's totally straight, not in to CD's etc. (just a clarification that this is in no way connected with "us") This guy started IMing her. Said he was originally from Africa but was living in South Louisiana employed by UNICEF.

He claimed he was leaving on a business trip but had a parcel which was going to arrive while he was out of town. He asked if he could have it drop shipped to her residence. :eek: She asked what the package contained and he claimed it was childrens' clothes and shoes. Uh huh, yeah right.

She's a pretty savvy person and let him have it with both barrels, after which she immediately blocked him from any further contact.

Jodie_Lynn
10-22-2006, 10:17 PM
LOL I had one of those guys PM me when I was in a Yahoo chat room. I let him go on and on for about 20 minutes, then informed him that I was an FBI operative and had succeeded in tracing the location of his computer, and that units were responding...... he freaked out :D

I am a little confused though, the OP is saying that she "passed" on MySpace?
Hell, if thats the qualifier, then I've passed on numerous occaisions: every time some guy PMs me and wants to get into something. I usually cool their ardor as soon as I say "you know I'm a guy in a dress..... right?"

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I know alot of CDers who say its not about passing. Well, since most, id say 95%, CDers do NOT pass at ALL, I think they just dont understand what its like to pass, or may be a tad bit jealous of those who can.

Or maybe there's more than one way to be a CD, yes?

Passing (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42493)... been there, done that. For me, it's no longer a be-all-end-all. Your mileage may vary.

pyro_46151
10-23-2006, 01:11 AM
i havbet been out yet but i feel like a complete gilr and when im dressed up is the only time i feel comfortabole i just wish i could look good enough to go out

Kate Simmons
10-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Take it from someone who does "pass" in public and who gets mistaken for a woman. I've been "hit on" many times by both men and women, I've also been demeaned and looked upon by guys as a "peice of meat' or a sex object. Very frustrating at times. No wonder I developed the 'tomboy" attitude as Ericka. Too many times in the past was I on the defensive. That's all changed now and I'm one tough little biddy. Sometimes I don't bother dressing as I'm not in the mood for all the BS. This is also one reason I've been going out as Richard and been going out as Ericka CDing as "Eric". I want to have fun without being bothered. This being the case, I really personally know up front what it's like to be demeaned, so I know where the GG's are coming from when they talk about that. I'm good looking as Ericka, no ravishing beauty really but my personality is what completes the illusion. The funny part is I never claim to be a woman and never have, it's just the assumption of people. So, now you all know what motivates me to do what I do and the reason behind my "personas". Being able to "pass" isn't always "peaches and cream". Whew! Glad I finally got THAT off my chest (so to speak).:happy: Ericka/Rich