PDA

View Full Version : Spoiling Yourself

Joy Carter
10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
OK so ya got yer dress yer lovely wig some killer shoes. So do you buy your self some nice jewelry +? I'm not talking cheap nice. I mean a diamond or some really nice gold. What have you bought to make the woman in you really pretty.:D

ColleenCD
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Not yet, I'm still building a wardrobe. Besides, my wife's birthday is coming up soon, so I better have some bling for her before Colleen gets hers.

Colleen

Jesse69
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I look good in a good skrit suit and powder and lipstick. Never tried anything more. Don't wanna waste money on expensive jewelry. Would put the money on a good wig and better makeup. I would try cheap imitation jewelry though.

You've given me good compliments on my looks, Joy Carter.

JeanneF
10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I bought myself a really nice Star of David necklace, 18kt gold with a bunch of diamonds in the star. I'm not big on accessories, so I wanted something that I could wear with just about everything. I've also bought good quality earrings and a Movado watch.

Barb Valentine
10-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Don't wanna waste money on expensive jewelry.

I agree
I think for the amount of time for dressing up limited
Couple hours here couple hours there
It just not worth it
(It least for me)

Joy Carter
10-23-2006, 04:55 AM
I look good in a good skirt suit and powder and lipstick. Never tried anything more. Don't wanna waste money on expensive jewelry. Would put the money on a good wig and better makeup. I would try cheap imitation jewelry though.

You've given me good compliments on my looks, Joy Carter.

Well Jessie your the kinda dresser I am. While I don't dress in suits I do like to dress nicely. So I meant the compliment not just being nice. So getting back to the subject. I have not ever given my wife allot of the shinny stuff but I'd never out do anything she has. I thought about checking out a vintage jewelery store to see if I could a second hand diamond ring to have resized or even remounted into another ring.

cindybarnes
10-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Hi Joy,
No diamonds for me :) I have lots of the cheap stuff tho. More and more of my things have been comming from thrift shops and as my wardrobe grows I seem to be getting picky LOL
I do wear my wife's diamond earrings sometimes but dont get that "special" feeling from exspesive stones *S*
Cindy

DAVIDA
10-23-2006, 05:58 AM
the real stuff, I buy for my wife. I do have a pair of diamond earrings, but my wife gave them to me.

Oh yeah, my wife said to tell all of you that her name is Jean and not MY wife!:heehee:

Lisa Golightly
10-23-2006, 06:07 AM
I'm not really into jewellery to be totally truthful. I have some but I rarely wear it. Apart from earrings of course... I have a thing for the pull through chain variety... It's quite funny how queazy they make some people feel when you pull them backwards and forwards through your earlobe ;)

Karren H
10-23-2006, 10:12 AM
NO!!! Love antique jewelry and not going to spend that kind of money!! Have kids to put through college...snow tires to buy!!! Hehehe

Love Karren

Sky
10-23-2006, 10:55 AM
My thing is glass and plastic. Even zirconia is too expensive for me. (Yes, cheap and proud of it!)

Iniquity Blonde GG
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
:D my partner is a c/d, and he has excellant taste in clothes etc. this weekend we have been out shopping and he bought some classy clothes from marks'sparks. he also has a passion for stockings lol, and bought some gorgeous key-hole stockings !!!!
so yes !!! u should treat urslefs to quality things, why not ? us women do so why carnt u lol xxx wickedblonde xx

EricaCD
10-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Now that I have most of the wardrobe basics covered, I am trying to upgrade to nicer stuff. I do not generally go overboard (though the lingerie bills are getting steep), but, for example, I am replacing cheap-o metal earrings with gold and silver, upgrading bracelets, etc.

In fem mode, just like guy mode, I really want to get to a point where I am buying a limited number of very nice - not extravagant - items rather than tons of cheap stuff that I don't like as much. This is both for reasons of presentation and the simple reality of limited closet space.

Erica

Gretchen
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
All of my clothes, shoes and jewelry are purchased with cost a very critical consideration in addition to look and fit. The jewelry I buy is costume stuff and fairly cheap and I only purchase a "certain look" type.......hoops, pearls, and some dangles.
Stockings, thigh highs and pantyhose are the only wardrobe items where I have limited restraint due to cost. Usually, the more expensive Hanes, Leggs and Nordy's fit better, last longer and feel superb.
Gretchen

GG Vanya
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
OK so ya got yer dress yer lovely wig some killer shoes. So do you buy your self some nice jewelry +? I'm not talking cheap nice. I mean a diamond or some really nice gold. What have you bought to make the woman in you really pretty.:D

Ummm I thought CDs spoiling themselves was a given? :tongueout

I'd say, from all the shopping threads one reads here that 99.99999% of them spoil themselves on a daily basis! :eek:

Kerry Owens
10-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Hmmmm Lawren and I have talked over my making a pearl necklace/earring set specially made for Lawren. I have the accent stones now, it's just finding the right pearls and using a larger strand of good pearls.

RedBaron
10-23-2006, 02:59 PM
That is my middle name. When I like it I spoil myself and get it (well, as much as I can afford). I have a couple of pairs of diamond studs. But I like more semi-precious stones, so I have a lot or garnet, amethyst, topaz, turquoise, onyx, amber, etc. About 100 pairs of earrings, 50 pendants, and 100 rings. Fortunately I like silver and semi-precious stones, so it is kind of affordable. :D

Glenda58
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Now that my closet is almost full I've start buying some things. Gold earrings some gold chains and a few bracelets and one gold ring. I.m looking for some diamond studs but that might have to wait till they go on sale. I find they are the finishing touches to most out fits that most GGs do. And I can tell the difference between cheap and the good stuff when I have it on just like the cloths. But since I live alone I get want Glenda wants most of the time.

Vash
10-23-2006, 04:07 PM
I bought a coach bag a few months ago.Really nice and last week i bought a White gold toe ring (cause I really think it will look nice with my pedicure) with a sapphire. I am scheduled for a pedicure this week so it will post a pic of the new toe ring when it arrives

Vash

Joy Carter
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
the real stuff, I buy for my wife. I do have a pair of diamond earrings, but my wife gave them to me.

Oh yeah, my wife said to tell all of you that her name is Jean and not MY wife!:heehee:

Hi Jean ! :hugs:

Joy Carter
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Ummm I thought CDs spoiling themselves was a given? :tongueout

I'd say, from all the shopping threads one reads here that 99.99999% of them spoil themselves on a daily basis! :eek:

Vanya it is so hard to look into a mirror now isn't it +? :heehee:

kathy gg
10-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Joy hope it is okay for me to post...I got Amanda some small diamond earings a few birthdays ago, they even have the screw on posts, so they won't just fall out. Since he wears earings in boy mode too I thought it was pretty practical.

I could see us renewing our vows with Amanda in chick mode in like 25 years and me finally giving her a real diamond engagement ring. But considering hers and mine's taste, I better start saving now! yikes!

Tammi_52
10-24-2006, 12:05 AM
it's scouring ebay and finding a great bargain here or there. You;ve got to work at it, but it can be rewarding to get name-brand shoes, a bra, suit, etc, for next to nothing. Someday though.......

Billijo49504
10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
The wife and I just got new wedding bands. Not cheap!!! Two tone gold and carved. Otherwise all my jewelery is antique stuff. Got from estate sales. It's stuff that was cheap a long time ago. But now it chic...BJ

GG Vanya
10-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Vanya it is so hard to look into a mirror now isn't it +? :heehee:

While I have no idea what your comment has to do with what I said, I'll say this:

I strive to live my life in such a manner that I *do* like the person I see in the mirror every morning. So, to answer your question: No it isn't difficult for me to look in the mirror.

AmberTG
10-24-2006, 01:42 AM
I like silver, not much for gold. I really don't have a lot, but I like what I have. I'm partial to certain gothic chokers, but they don't match much of what I wear.
I guess I like all kinds of chokers, to tell the truth.

Sarah Rabbit
10-24-2006, 01:45 AM
I have a bunch of cheap jewellery, but my 'good' collection is growing. My favourites are my 'Playboy' necklace and matching dangly earings( O.K. you can stop laughing now:D ) Lisa Golightly, I agree, the chain pull throughs are awesome, but hard to get these days, I think they were an 80's thing. I am looking forward to getting a diamond solitare, If my finances ever allow it. But alas, we are going for a house in the new year so I may have to rely on Birthdays and what not to build up my collection.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Gail Stauffer
10-24-2006, 02:47 AM
well of course I order some nice things at HSN.com for those of you who appreciate jewelry they do have some pretty things there if you go and have a look, I've gotten a few real pretty rings there for now, but there are some other earrings and things I hope to get sometime!!

Joy Carter
10-24-2006, 03:57 AM
While I have no idea what your comment has to do with what I said, I'll say this:

I strive to live my life in such a manner that I *do* like the person I see in the mirror every morning. So, to answer your question: No it isn't difficult for me to look in the mirror.

Vanya it was with the thought how your post came to me about about the 99+% and how we CD's preceve our selves. I know the lengths some of us go to be pretty. And how it must be for GG's to see us this way. So looking into a mirror is not exactly what I mean, but to look at a GM dressed as a woman and what it must mean to GG's (immage). This is all new to most of us and even more so being able to talk about it to someone. So the school gurl does come out to play here. Make any sence ?

:hugs:

Jodi
10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I will treat myself, but generally not with jewelry. I will treat myself to a dynamite designer purse. Women love their purses, and a great purse will go a long way to passability.

Jodi

Staci
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't think I would buy expensive jewelry. I have some nice stuff. The best is a diamond tennis bracelet that was a gift from my wife. Everything else I have is $20 or less.