PDA

View Full Version : New to CD's and need some help

mistyfy
10-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi there, I'm Misty and I just accepted that I like (Love) to CD's. I have told my wife about it and she is ok with it, not thrilled but ok with it. I need some help. Does anyone knows of a CD friendly store in Tampa? I need to buy pretty much everything. Up to this point I have been using my wife's clothes and I think now it's time to move on my own wardrobe. What do I need? What are the essentials?
Please help!!

McLegs
10-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Misty,

Hi & welcome. I'm not in your area but thought I'd give my:2c: . I've looked around the net & most shops for CDers are selling over priced, low quality merchandise. Since you have used the SOs clothes already, knowing sizes shouldn't be much of an issue. Just head on over to your local mall & shop. Walmart, Kmart & Target are great places too. There are also the chain drug stores. All depends on your taste & budget. I shop the drug stores for bargains on pantyhose. Walmart et al are good for bras & panties. Also JC Penney has nice bras, panties & even lingerie if thats what you want. Shop the sales. A nice skirt & blouse can be found at any of these stores. Real bargains can be found at Good Will stores. Things you'll need:
Panties
Bra
Breasts of some sort
Pantyhose or stockings
Blouse & Skirt
Dress (if you like that style)
Shoes
Wig(if you want to go all out)
Makeup(if you desire)

I'm no expert by any means. I'm sure my suggestions will draw some criticism but you'll see many replies. Take them all in & make your own choices. Just be happy you have an understanding SO.

Hugs to ya,
Michelle:2c:

mistyfy
10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks Michelle, I appreciate the feedback. I will try to get the guts to go out to one of those stores and try to get some clothes. Wish me luck!!

joanne_mi
10-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Christmas is coming. Have a good idea of your sizes, and proceed to go shopping for your wife or girlfriend. The ladies working the shops will be impressed that man would buy clothing for his wife.

Also, if you don't end up getting decent breastforms, you can make adequate ones from the feet from a pair of stockings, and birdseed. Use a measuring cup for the seed so you don't end up lopsided.

McLegs
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Misty,

You don't need LUCK. I too was hesitant, but you will see a lot of posts about shopping, no luck involved. Remember you are a grown up with money to spend not a child playing with womens undies. Just take a deep breath & shop with confidence. I been in the lingerie dept in JC Penney & talked with the help. Depending on their attitude I either go with the my wife prefers briefs, bikinis or whatever you fell like saying. Then I also have had ones joke around saying "these for you, Nice choices". Don't be embarrassed, your money is as green as the nexts.

Happy Shopping,
Michelle

vbcdgrl
10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
In my case, everything I wear, except breastforms and wig, is "off the shelf" female things. That includes "intimates" and makeup. The wigs and breastforms are available on line, as is everything else.
All you have to do is determine your sizes, and the whole world of fashion opens up! Your SO should be able to help with sizing and style, what more can you ask?

Vikki

Robin Leigh
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi there, I'm Misty and I just accepted that I like (Love) to CD's. I have told my wife about it and she is ok with it, not thrilled but ok with it. I need some help. Does anyone knows of a CD friendly store in Tampa? I need to buy pretty much everything. Up to this point I have been using my wife's clothes and I think now it's time to move on my own wardrobe. What do I need? What are the essentials?
Please help!!

I know your wife doesn't want to see you dressed, but see if you can at least get some advice from her.

What sort of clothes do you want? Is it just for fun behind closed doors, or do you intend to venture outside?

Maybe you can appeal to her feminine expertise & tell her something like: "I know you're not very comfortable with this, but I'd love you to help me choose clothes that you think would suit me." Of course, if your wife expects you to be a strong man who makes all his own decsions, this approach may not work...

Robin

Karren H
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Any of the large department stores will love to help you and take your money!! Doesn't have to be TG friendly....a sale is.a sale!!

Love Karren

mistyfy
10-23-2006, 11:36 AM
for all the advice. I think I can go ahead and get started. Thanks again.

Snookums
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Please help!!

yes they need help,with color coordinating,putting on pantyhose without sticking their fingers through them,and learning to walk in heels:lol: :lol2: :lol: :lol2: oops my sense of humor went off by accident again.:D

mistyfy
10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about!! I don't want to look badly dress you know. If I'm going to cd I'm going to do it the right way!! LOL

Snookums
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
That's exactly what I'm talking about!! I don't want to look badly dress you know. If I'm going to cd I'm going to do it the right way!! LOL

have a cosmotologist show you how to apply makeup properly,they will even show you what types of colors that best suit your complextion,and eye color.

stacie
10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
shop anywere, the only person who knows you are buying female clothes for yourself is, you. Try to feel relax and shop. The store only wants your money. If this is to much for you try newport-news, a online store, or any online store. Huggs, Stacie

Jackie.tgirl
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I luv shopping and buying femme items on ebay. Lots of selection for Wigs, Bra, Lingerie, Shoe, and my fav leather. Wish you luck sweety!!