PDA

View Full Version : The No Passing Zone

Sophia Rearen
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Have you ever gone out and actually didn't want to pass? I did the other night. Pictures are here http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42897
While I enjoyed the experience of being totally enfemme, I had the best time being noticed or read. Striking up a conversation with a male/female couple or some GG's, to me, is sometimes more enlightening than passing or going unnoticed. One of my GG friends that was with me, called me an attention wh*re.:D The town I was in is very Tfriendly, so, people are not shocked to see a crossdresser, in fact I believe it may be a highlight of their evening.

Stephenie S
10-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Loved the photos.

This is a perfect example of how a SMILE makes an outfit.

You are right, you don't pass, but you look GREAT! You go girl.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Deenise60
10-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a really brave thing to do. Anyway, you look great. Funny I've been to New Hope several times hoping to meet cders, and have never seen or met any.

Sophia Rearen
10-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a really brave thing to do. Anyway, you look great. Funny I've been to New Hope several times hoping to meet cders, and have never seen or met any.

Maybe you saw me on a good makeup day? :D

Pamela girl
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
You said your wife got her daughters shoes for you. Are you lucky enough to have small enough feet to wear other womens shoes? Cool!!

RedBaron
10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
I guess this is different for different people. I myself don't try to pass, I am a guy in skirts (with a beard). I don't try to pretend I am somebody else, it is just me and I like wearing skirts. I go out every evening. People are used to seeing a guy in skirts. Of course they talk about me, but it doesn't seem to be in a negative away, at least nobody has said anything negative to me. Especially GGs seem to like it. I get compliments regularly on either parts of the outfit (like jewelry) or on the whole idea of wearing skirts. Admittedly, Cambridge, MA, USA is a pretty relaxed place, so I have less of a potential problem here than I might have in other cities.

The only disadvantage to this situation is that my skirts have to get shorter and shorter to still get attention :GD:

Sharon
10-23-2006, 04:14 PM
While I enjoyed the experience of being totally enfemme, I had the best time being noticed or read. Striking up a conversation with a male/female couple or some GG's, to me, is sometimes more enlightening than passing or going unnoticed. One of my GG friends that was with me, called me an attention wh*re.:D The town I was in is very Tfriendly, so, people are not shocked to see a crossdresser, in fact I believe it may be a highlight of their evening.

I know the town(New Hope, PA) you're referring to, Sophia, and I agree that it is a safe place for us to be. In fact, I almost bought a house there a few months ago just for that reason -- too bad it needed so much work -- but I really had to talk myself out of taking it anyway.

I'm just the opposite of you though -- I make every attempt to be passable, and I'm disappointed each time I get a reaction that indicates that I'm unsuccessful. I no longer get panicky when I'm read -- thankfully! -- but it just shows me that I still have room to improve.

More power to you, however, and I admire your confidence(and your photos look great!).

Sophia Rearen
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm just the opposite of you though -- I make every attempt to be passable, and I'm disappointed each time I get a reaction that indicates that I'm unsuccessful. I no longer get panicky when I'm read -- thankfully! -- but it just shows me that I still have room to improve.

More power to you, however, and I admire your confidence(and your photos look great!).

Sharon,
Don't get me wrong, I too make every attempt to pass when I want to blend into places such as a restaurant or a mall. But, somehow this felt very different. It was very liberating to be a guy dressed as a woman and yet be myself. Gone, was all the concentration and focus that normally accompanies me while out enfemme. I guess, it just felt very great to finally be me!

Kimberly
10-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I can't say that my trip out on Saturday wasn't factored by how much I thought I might "pass", but it was really about me, dressing how I wanted, and checking out a TG scene in London. It was great to be out, and I probably passed on a couple of occassions - and all the way through the night, no one had a problem with how I was presenting myself.

I haven't gone out to be read... yet.

It doesn't bother me either way now. Saturday has given me confidence to just be myself, if I choose to present as female. People either don't mind you, or just leave you alone. But let me get a rain check on that, until I get harrassed! ;)

Phoebe Reece
10-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Sophia, I know exactly what you mean. This often happens with me if I am at a straight bar. Saturday before last several of us were hanging out in the lobby bar at the hotel our local Tri-Ess chapter was meeting at. We got into some fascinating conversations with several GG's there about crossdressing and other things. It is very liberating to just completely be yourself with a stranger.

Sophia Rearen
10-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Phoebe,
I never expected such a feeling of liberation. It's never even been a thought. It just kind of happened. Now, I understand a little better, where Buffalo Bill and Red Baron are coming from. I have nothing but admiration and respect for such people.

Ms. Donna
10-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Have you ever gone out and actually didn't want to pass?
For me, it's not so much "I don't want to pass" as "I don't care if I pass"... And it's all the time, Sophia.

Don't worry, you still look great!

Love Ya,
Donna

ColleenCD
10-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Sophia, Great post. To have a time when you can just be you and wear what you want and the world simply be OK with it is what dreams are made of. Your relaxed smile tells it all.

Colleen