PDA

View Full Version : Burnout

Shiny
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Do any of you CD's ever experience "burnout" on dressing? I know many of you only dress occasionally and many can't dress when the urge strikes but in my case, living alone and having a lot of free time as of late I notice that I am getting my fill of my "hobby."

Dresses all day and nightgowns at night 24/7, the whole deal with the exception of going to the store or getting the mail the past several days. But then I wear the complete fem gear underneath the jeans and T-shirt and switch back once indoors again.

It goes past the "brain buzz" phase and although I enjoy my femme personnae, this weekend I switched back into male drab and haven't "hit the silk" since. It takes a lot of work to maintain the image and is a lot easier in drab at times I think.

Anybody else going through something similar?

KarenSusan
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
I am in exactly the same position as you and yes, sometimes for a day or so I will wear just an old pair of cutoff jeans and a sweatshirt but then the urge to CD always comes back stronger than ever.

Trina82
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
It goes in spurts, for me. Even though I just dropped $40 on some new undergarments, I just considered throwing it all out last evening. Why? It's at the point that it's boring and really makes no sense. In a week or so, I'll be itching to hook that underwire around my ribcage, I'm sure.

Snookums
10-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I never get burned out on dressing,just ignorant know it alls.

Cristi
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I've been able to dress while not at work for a dozen years (and for a lot of that time I worked at home, so I could go days without getting out of femme things). I'm starting to feel the same thing. While I still enjoy it, sometimes I get home from work and have a 'why bother' feeling. Why take the time to change into a skirt or dress, stockings, bra, etc etc when I can be just as comfortable by pulling on a T-shirt?

I guess I go through cycles as well... there are weeks at a time when I can't WAIT to get home so I can get into a skirt or dress, and other weeks where I don't really dress at all (except for sleeping in a nightgown or wearing panties, both of which are pretty much every-day clothing for me now).

But really, sometimes my attitude is "what's the point". I don't think I'll ever 'come out' or go out publicly other than on halloween, so I am kind of stuck on a plateau.

kristytv
10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
for me being is kristy is more comfy , as long as i am not out working on something getting all dirty

Lori SC
10-23-2006, 10:51 PM
I've noticed something similar...

I can dress just about as much as I want at home (married to very supportive wife).

I underdress with panties and bra quite often, but only fully dress about once a week because of the time and trouble. Makeup and nails take some time to put on and off again.

HAve I reached a comfortable plateau? Or will things change and I'll dress more or less frequently?

Do things stabilize regarding dressing, or is the need/frequency always in a state of flux?

Hugs, Lori+?

KarenSusan
10-24-2006, 12:22 AM
While I still enjoy it, sometimes I get home from work and have a 'why bother' feeling. Why take the time to change into a skirt or dress, stockings, bra, etc etc when I can be just as comfortable by pulling on a T-shirt?

Exactly the way I feel sometimes.

Billijo49504
10-24-2006, 01:06 AM
I too just dress when I feel like it.Ir's strange., Some days I feel boy , and other days I feel gurl...BJ

JazmyneCD
10-24-2006, 01:09 AM
There was a time when I didn't dress for about a month. But it's always been pretty steady.

AmberTG
10-24-2006, 01:11 AM
I think you've hit the reason why GGs don't get all fancy all the time, sometimes it's just too much bother and being comfy is way easier. I just wear woman's comfy clothes when I feel lazy. I used to want to be all fancy all the time, but now I'm getting a much better understanding of why GGs don't go to the bother unless they feel up to it or there's a reason for it. I must admit, I don't get "drab" unless I have to now. I have Ryders jeans that fit me better than my "boy" jeans and a pair of womens jeans for working around the house. It's the tops that I have to compromise with.

Sarah Rabbit
10-24-2006, 01:35 AM
This question has been put forward before, but I find my answers changing as time goes on. When I first started dressing, I could not get enough, and no amount of 'Dollying up' was to much trouble. But now I find that although my feelings of femmeninity has not changed, I am less willing to go to all that trouble. I wear panties and bra under my drab at work, and a nighty a few times a week, this seems to satisfy my need to dress fully. But I ask, if we were experts at putting on all the makeup, perfume and other trappings, with perfection, in a blink of an eye like the GG's, would we be more inclined to 'Dress up', I know I would:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Kate Simmons
10-24-2006, 04:53 AM
To prevent this from happening, I vary my outlook. This is PART of the reason I'm Richard sometimes and Ericka crossdressing as "Eric". Sometimes all this femme stuff gets "sickening sweet" to me and I feel at that point I'm probably close to where GG's are when they feel they are being "pushed" to look totally feminine all the time. I feel the need to "dress down" so to speak and take advantage of all my options. Actually, when I'm Ericka dressed to the 'nines" and looking nice, it does very little for me personally. Other people enjoy it mostly, so I actually do it for them. I'd be just as happy when I go out to wear jeans, a sweatshirt and sneakers when I go to the club to dance and sometimes I do even though other people protest. I can't quite explain it. It's kind of like reverse/reverse/reverse discrimination in that they want me (a guy) to get all dressed up and nice looking so THEY can enjoy it. Sheesh! Any wonder I "buck" it? Anyway, that's my way of dealing with potential "burnout".:happy: Ericka/Rich

Lisa Golightly
10-24-2006, 05:46 AM
It really depends on what your motivation is to do it in the first place. For me... it just is.

crossing-the-rain
10-24-2006, 05:51 AM
I do ,Ihad/have your same experience,same situations,same "burn out ".
Rain

Karren H
10-24-2006, 06:23 AM
As with anything else in life, excesses lead to burn out...Last year on a business trip to VA I dressed for the 6 hour drive down, dressed every minute I wasn't at the mine and was going to dress on the return trip back to PA.....but after leaving the mine I just didn't feel like it....too much hastle! Emily Ann said I should stop and check myself into a hospital since I was obviously sick. Hehe. But a week later I was ready to get pretty....

Love kjjarren

joanna_s
10-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Ladies, you already said it but I agree with most of you. In my case it goes for example like this: one day I get home from work, get changed, do my make-up and feel so wonderful. It´s this unbelievable combination of joy and satisfaction ( you know:happy: ). Next day I do that again, feel as good as yesterday or even better; that goes on and on. I dress everyday after work for a few days. Then one night it hits me, I´m so tired of shaving, peeling, moisturizing, choosing my underwear, polishing my nails, doing my make-up.
There are so many things in life you can enjoy; crossdressing isn´t everything. A small break is needed and I do something else for a week or two. But, thank goodness the urge always comes back.
First I start dreaming about crossdressing, then I start to think about it all the time. Next step is to rush home as soon as possible and become Joanna,
because the roller coaster ride is about to begin again.:lol:

REBECCA62
10-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Do any of you CD's ever experience "burnout" on dressing? I know many of you only dress occasionally and many can't dress when the urge strikes but in my case, living alone and having a lot of free time as of late I notice that I am getting my fill of my "hobby."

Dresses all day and nightgowns at night 24/7, the whole deal with the exception of going to the store or getting the mail the past several days. But then I wear the complete fem gear underneath the jeans and T-shirt and switch back once indoors again.

It goes past the "brain buzz" phase and although I enjoy my femme personnae, this weekend I switched back into male drab and haven't "hit the silk" since. It takes a lot of work to maintain the image and is a lot easier in drab at times I think.

Anybody else going through something similar?

hi karen,
be careful in a minute you'll be agreeing with all those 'gg's who have been telling us for years that it's hard to be a woman (mmmm. seems like a good idea for a song, i'll just get a pen + a piano) :heehee:
but to answer, yes ive had the burnout of which you speak (tho i try like hell to fight it), and yes sometimes after a long hard day there are times i cant be bothered with all the make-up etc. however i still like to relax in something soft + sensual. at the end of the day if you over-indulge at anything most folk will take a breather for a while-in greater or lessr degrees dependant on the situation.
take care and lots of love
rebecca62
xx
ps. love all your photos by the way,you sure do seem to get out and about and have a good time.:bighug:

REBECCA62
10-24-2006, 11:20 AM
sorry all that last post got a bit mixed up, was replying to shiny but talking to karen. life's just too confusing for this little girl sometimes :-)

Lanore
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I can't ge burned out on something I've done for so long. Over the years, I've found a way to wake up in the morning and dress fem and carry it on until I go to bed at night. There were the days of dressing in private, but it was really frustrating to make the change back and forth. People that know me, have seen a change over many years, so it's not a surprise how I look now. It's me all day long and I love it.

Lanore

Lanore

Megan72
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I have found that to get all dolled up for a 2 hour stint is a pain in the rear. I much prefer to dress all day if possible, so that really limits me. Karen I think was victim to this. If you had to dress as Karen in the mine you would have driven home as you were. It sounds like the hastle of changing was the issue not the image itself.

AprilMae
10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I go for periods of days, sometime weeks or months, even a couple of years once wher I don't dress. Sometimes due to opprtunity or time constraints, sometimes just because I don't feel the need.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I have to agee with Lanore. I never can get enough of dressing. I just love to get up and dress knowing I can be dressed all day. I really love spending my life as a girl. With my accepting wife. Soooo happy!