PDA

View Full Version : Which size would you choose?

Marie_Lansing
10-24-2006, 06:40 AM
I tried on a pair of black pants at Target and the size 12 was a little too tight around the waist but accented my butt and hips, and the 14 was a little loose around the waist and also didn't cling to my butt and hips as the 12 did. Would you go for the comfort or look and satisfaction that you got into a 12? I am also concerned about tucking in a blouse with the tight waist. Your thoughts?

joanne_mi
10-24-2006, 06:42 AM
It would depend on the style of pant. A bit baggier fit looks great with certain styles of pant. I'd probably lean towards the looser fitting of the 2 and try to dress around them (a 'tucked in' shirt, as you said).

EricaCD
10-24-2006, 07:11 AM
I'd probably buy the size 14 slacks and have them altered at the hips. Alternately, you might be able to have the waist let out a bit on the size 12's.

Diane CDN
10-25-2006, 01:28 AM
First thing I would have done is look to see what the pants are made of....nothing worse than shrinking the life out of what seemd to be a good fit :)

Diane

noname
10-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Don't buy too tight, because you just will not be able to wear them. Stretch pants are always a good way to go imo. There are times when no matter how much you like them, you just can't wear them. I recently found some cool stretch jeans made out of something other than denim ( yes technically not jeans ) The hips were too wide, but not a big deal, well, until you sat down. Cause as soon as you stood up, bunching fabric at the hips. Point is, sometimes you have to realize a garmet just won't work for you.

trickcd
10-25-2006, 06:23 AM
go for the safe option(the 14)

Karren H
10-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Buy the 12's, go on a diet and exersize properly, and wear a knit top that you don't need to tuck in....

Love Karren

Ronda_B
10-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Can you sit down in the 12 without cutting into you middle? If not buy the 14.:2c:

Gretchen
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
I will generally always buy what promises to be the most comfortable size. If I wanted to accentuate my bum, which is pretty flat, I would wear my panties with the padded hips and butt.
I found that the padded panties also helped to improve the waist fit that might be just a bit loose at first.
Gretchen

Wendy me
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
buy the booth of them the 12"s for your own eyes and the 14's for when you have to breath.

shelley leigh
10-25-2006, 05:18 PM
12's, 12's, 12's always go for the look instead of comfort. It has always inspired me to exercise and make them more comfortable. speaking of that i need to go work out!!!! haha:p :p

linnea
10-25-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd go with either one of them if I could fit into a 12 or 14; my choices are usually between a 22 and a 24. I like the look of the 22 better in most cases, so I tend to go for look. Part of "look" though is how I think I look to others and if that gives the impression that I'm in clothes that are too tight or uncomfortable, I think that it's better to go with the larger size. How's that for riding the fence--LOL!

DeeArel
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
My vote goes for the ones that flatter your figure with the best line. Shrink the waist a little through exercise. The goal of wearing the pants and showing off your figure will inspire you.

trannie T
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Just don't ask me if they make your butt look big.

Billijo49504
11-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm almost 60 yrs old, so I'd probably go for the 16 or 18, so I could really enjoy a big dinner and still be comfortable...BJ

MaylinJane
11-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I have the same problem as you. I'm right in between a 12 and 14. My rule of thumb is if they are stretch go with the 12s, if not, then go with the 14s.

May

sandra-leigh
11-05-2006, 03:59 AM
I tried on a pair of black pants at Target and the size 12 was a little too tight around the waist but accented my butt and hips, and the 14 was a little loose around the waist and also didn't cling to my butt and hips as the 12 did. Would you go for the comfort or look and satisfaction that you got into a 12? I am also concerned about tucking in a blouse with the tight waist.

A couple of months ago, I encountered a similar problem: go for a 14 that fitted my butt very nicely (and felt me comfortable), or the 16 that was a bit looser. Only it wasn't tucking a shirt that was the issue: it was that with the very comfortable 14s, I would have had to have tucked a part of my anatomy, which would otherwise be too noticable; with the 16 no tucking was necessary. As I fully intended to wear the pants while in drab (to work, around the house) and didn't want to be tucking me all the time, I reluctantly chose the 16. (But about a week later, it was definitely the 14s for some womens' jeans -- a thicker material that wouldn't show me.

I do not have a "bubble butt" but I have more shape there than I realized; before I dressed, I always just used to think, "My rear is so big and so flat!" Dressed, I get complements on my rear or legs.

And yes, I have indeed sometimes purchased pants or skirts on the basis of accentuating my butt. I haven't tried padded panties at all though. I do, though, have a couple of pairs of pants tight enough that with them I always have to be concerned about the underwear lines and underwear colour bleed-through.

Sedona
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
I agree with the 12s. Better a bit too tight than a bit too loose in my book.