PDA

View Full Version : how manny of you diet to extream for that fem figure

MJ
10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
hi all i just wanted to know how you get that amazing figure in most of your avatar's do you diet or starve your self or are you just lucky so girls how do you do it...
i was 293 pounds 5,8 and now at 179 pounds holding
i just eat less but its getting harder to lose my weight must be the hrt i envy some of you.. hugs...

Shannon CD
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
It's been tough for me. I am 6' tall and was 184lbs at my heaviest. I was down to 161 earlier this week and am aiming for 150.

What I have been attempting is 2 slim fast shakes a day with one healthy meal. It seems to work for the first 20 lbs, then it gets tough. I think it's because that was mostly "water weight". If so, I'm afraid it will go back on just as easy as it came off, so I'm not sure how I will maintain it once I reach my goal.

joanne_mi
10-24-2006, 08:09 PM
I tend to use the 'coffee, cigarette, and not eating' diet.

On a serious note, I really should try to live a bit healthier.

Jodi
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
At 5'9", I have been able to maintain my 150# weight for the last 7 years. No extreme diets here, but I watch what I eat. No over eating. I have cut way down on fastfood, cut down on the beer, and cut down on desserts. I also exercise daily by walking or riding my bike. Was once a better, competitive long distance runner, but 40 years of running has taken its toll on my joints.

Jodi

Andrea Nicole
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm pretty fortunate. I'm naturally 145 and 5-8", and small boned, so thet really helps. Lowest I have been was about 137 abour 9 yrs ago. I do watch what I eat, and drink my fair share of Slim-Fast.

samantha#1
10-24-2006, 08:33 PM
I am 5foot 6inches and weigh 62KG's, no need to diet at all as my work has me on the training floor at least 40 hours a week most of which is fairly intense training and instructing. Given this I only tend to eat those foods that will be benificial in enabling me to do that - healthy lifestyle choice; that sort of thing.
Samnatha

EricaCD
10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
6'3" 180 lbs, down from a high of 214 five years ago. I don't mind being hungry and have a fast metabolism so losing weight is really a matter of avoiding junk food and snacking. I am flirting with trying to knock another 10 lbs off but it's hardly a priority.

MJ
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
hi thank you but i did the Dr Phil weight loss challenge but since i found femmefeaver i have a new goal and i just have to get a photo-shoot like this
http://www.femmefever.com/ go to before & after pictures go down 6th pictures. i love the outfit in white or red now thats a goal lol. and i can drive there... and it's only 15 to 20 pounds to go. sorry i just goto do it...

what do you think ? ... hugs

Sweet Jane
10-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I don't diet as such, but I still do competitive sport, so all of the training, racing and good diet tend to keep my weight down...normally somewhere around the 68kg (is that 150?) and I'm 178cm (about 5'11")....

Sharoncd
10-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Medifast. A 97% liquid diet until you loose all you want. 10 lbs first week (1/2 water) and 3 to 5 lbs thereafter. After 4 days you are use to the diet and it really is not so hard from there. I lost 35 lbs. Problem is it is easy so you loose self control so you need to train yourself once you loose it. For me it took 3 years to gain it back but I went through 2 surgery. Thinking about doing it again.

Sharon

Snookums
10-24-2006, 09:30 PM
if you are extremely stressed out like I am,a diet is useless.

Daphne Renee
10-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I dont diet at all.. I should eat a little heatlier but I do ok.. I have had some digestive problems in the past.. I am only 5'6" and a diet is really unecessary for me.

Stephenie S
10-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I have lost 45 pounds using the "Don't eat so much food, you big fatty" diet. It works quite well. I would say that although this has made me much healthier, my main motivation has been vanity. I am aiming for a 32" waist. It would be nice to get even smaller but I'm not sure it will be possible.

Stephenie

JeanneF
10-25-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm on the Lindsay Lohan cocaine and cigarettes diet. :)

Seriously, my femme side has been the biggest motivator to make me lose weight. I stopped eating most bad stuff and started excercising. Almost two years later I'm down nearly 50lbs (180lbs this morning). I binge occasionally, but after a few months I started not really missing all of the bad stuff. I'm down to a 34" waist from nearly a 40", my goal is 30", and possibly then start exploring transistion.

One nice thing about being (genetically) male is that losing weight is way easier than it is for women...at least all that testosterone is good for something.

Kate Simmons
10-25-2006, 04:40 AM
Since I retired, I just don't eat as much. I have a regular diet I more or less stick to and still get a lot of exercise at my post-retirement job. I also take a lot of anti-oxidants which helps my immune system function better. You have to remember that "crash" diets are really no good and can rebound on you and make things worse. I eat less but sensibly and never really worry about how I look. I've never had the "runway model" syndrome of starving myself for the sake of fashion.:happy: Ericka/Rich

ReginaK
10-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Nothing but good old fashioned stress and hard work here. Went from 268 to 232 in about 6 months.

Phyliss
10-25-2006, 05:15 AM
A year ago I was at 235 being 5' 9" that was about as wide as tall. After a year of "working out" at the local gym I'm down to 180. Not really any kind of "diet" just a more healthy choice of food and cut out the "junk"

As for a "fem" figure, I guess I'll settle for a Rubenesque type and be happy. Will I ever get to look like Twiggy? Not a chance. Would I like to? Yes. I'm happy with my size 12.

Steph53
10-25-2006, 05:29 AM
I've never tried an actual diet plan.I'm 5' 9" and 165 lbs and pretty happy with that(although I'de like to take about five of those lbs and add them to my butt for a better shape).I was close to 200lbs about 15 years ago and put the brakes on.I do three cardio workouts and two weight training classes per week now and eat sensibly(no overeating just because it tastes good!).But I must have my dessert after dinner.

JulieCDorlando
10-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Hello everyone,
I am 50 years old. With age my metabolisum has slowed. I am 6 foot tall. 6 years ago I weighed 260 lbs. with a 38 inch wasit (dress size 22) was the heaviest I ever weighed. My intial weight loss between 3-6years ago can be attributed to stress due to my divorce and the physical nature of my job. I didn't exercise at a gym at all back then. Just 3 years ago, I was down to 225with a 34 inch waist (dress size 18). By then my physical job ceased, as I was promoted to a job working in an office. So, I enrolled at a local YMCA doing cardio workouts 4-5 days and by strictly watching what I eat. Currently, I am at 175lbs. with a 32 inch waist (dress size 14). I still do work at the cardio workouts 4-5 times a week and toneing with weights and hope to loose another 10-15 lbs with a 29-30 inch waist with a dress size of 12 as my goal within the next 2-3 months. By cutting out the sugars, the fats, and watching the carbs, the weight came off rather easily although not as quickly as it was added on. Drinking a lot of water, juice, eating more fruits and vegetables, be mindful of what you eat, and continue to stay active with exercise is the key to the solution. The problem is trying to fight the temptation to indulge in all of the things that would put that weight back on especially with the holidays fast approaching. Now if I can just add a little muscle to my pecs so I can have more cleavage to show off :p

Vicky_Scot
10-25-2006, 06:22 AM
I have just started a diet this week. I am at the heaviest I have ever been. I am now at 238 lbs and 6'2". Its not really a diet it's more eat sensibly and healthy and excercise.

Most of my femme wardrobe does not fit me now so that was the kick up the backside I needed.

I will keep you informed of my progress.

Clare
10-25-2006, 06:34 AM
hi all i just wanted to know how you get that amazing figure in most of your avatar's do you diet or starve your self or are you just lucky so girls how do you do it...
i just eat less but its getting harder to lose my weight must be the hrt i envy some of you.. hugs...It ain't that easy I have to tell you, especially when you get our age! 18mths ago I weighed in at 103kg's (not sure of the conversion), but after some dramatic circumstances I'm currently 170lbs, 5'9 tall and have a 32" waist, so i'm in reasonable shape now!

To keep the weight off, I do a lot of walking (which I hate!) and eat "grazing style" which means I eat all the time - such as peaches & cream for breakfast , an apple one hour, a yogurt the next, chicken salad for lunch and continue like that to bedtime with a banana. Just make sure they are small healthy snacks and always drinking lots of plain water!

Seems to be working for me so far and i've always battled the scales all my life.

Karren H
10-25-2006, 06:49 AM
220 to 170 in 9 months, plus exersize 4 or 5 times a week including playing ice hockey once or twice a week......but it's worth it!!

Love Karren

stacie
10-25-2006, 07:39 AM
I do diet to try and keep a skinny figure. I,m 6'2" and my weight is 158lbs.

Janice Ashton
10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't diet but when I dress I wished I had, Too many pints and curries in drab gives her a slight weight problem, she says it's his fault she's fat!! :devil:

robinLynn
10-25-2006, 12:55 PM
for me its been a change in diet and low carb. Ive gone from 207 to 175. My goal is 145. Im 5 7

GG Vanya
10-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Trudi is 5'9" and about 145 lbs. Diet? grrrrr the only "diet" she has is the "see food" one. She sees food and eats it.

I used to say the only time she isn't eating is when she's sleeping. But I swear, I caught her sound asleep in her recliner the other day, and noticed she was chewing. She's addicted to red hots (a type of candy) and was actually eating them in her sleep!

There is actually a large basket by her recliner that is always stocked with pistachios, red hots, dry roasted cashews, etc. However, she does not care for milk chocolate~only dark chocolate~ and hard candies. If the private stock gets low, the native gets restless. <grin>

She has a metabolism rate that would peg the needle on any guage they'd use to measure it. :rolleyes:

Me? Hell, I can just *smell* food and gain weight. :sad:

I'm blessed, regardless. :happy:

Eugenie
10-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Good question... I recently lost a lot of weight: I went from about 280 pounds a couple of years ago to about 190.

Even though medical reasons were the main goal to undertaking a severe diet, X-dressing certainly added to my motivation.

Right now it seriously helps me to keep from getting some weight back... I'd like to lose a little more to be able to be somewhat slimer, but I find it very hard now.

I know that I am still on the plumper side, but that has some advantages too, for example, the excess flesh around my chest allows me to have a credible cleavage when using a push up bra... :heehee:
:hugs:
Eugenie

MJ
10-25-2006, 04:23 PM
well i think I've done a real good job. but i am stuck at this weight and i want to lose more i think 20 pounds will look good but..it's getting there that's the problem i want to do it for myself and maybe a little revenge too... thats a big motivator too. hey if i can lose over a 130 pounds then what is another 20 real hard that's what oh well who said being a woman is easy. thank you keep your advice coming we all can benefit from it... hugs

JulieMichelle
10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
My simple solution for controlling your weight for healthy results:

1) eat all day - just make it all healthy. fruit, grains, juice, etc
2) drink a ton of water
3) avoid junk for the most part, but treat yourself when you feel you deserve it (not out of pity, but out of accomplishment)
4) stay active. walk to get that jug of milk instead of driving.

It's really simple. Of course, all of this assumes you have willpower, because without that, you can't do what I listed out.

I never used to have willpower. Then one day I got really really sick from food poisoning. That set me straight. Now I'm 5'9" and 140 and fit as a fiddle.

:)
Julie

Juju GG
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Well done to all that have lost weight and good luck to those who are trying. As a GG I'm 12 stone (168 pounds) and aim to start losing weight soon but not much. As long as you are happy with who you are that is what matters.

shelley leigh
10-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't diet, just exercise. I don't like all that healthy food. I'm a meat and potato kind of girl.

Rachael Turner
10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
5'7" and 162 lbs.

Aiming to get to 150 this winter. I'll look awesome @ 150.

tall_brianna
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
I was 225lbs this time last year. I had been at that weight for almost 2 years. During most of that time I felt so body ugly that I stopped dressing up. Toward the end of the year my marriage started to disintegrate and I got deeply depressed and just lost all my appetite. The lack of appetite was helped by generous increases in caffiene, cigarettes, anti-depressants and weed (I know but it works differently on me).

I got to 180 in Feb., just as the my funk started to go away and I cleaned up my act. I also rediscovered how good I feel in a skirt! But... I wouldn't recommend my approach :2c:

Keeping it off is easy - Gym 2-3 days a week in the late afternoon, run once a week. Give up a meal a day - give up lunch on Gym days, breakfast on others. Eat a small meal for breakfast or lunch - eggs or ham/turkey sandwich. Eat whatever I want for dinner. Ice cream once, maybe twice a week.

Lanore
10-25-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't believe in diets. They only work for a short while. I'm 5'11" and weigh between 200 and 205, have a 34" waist and wear a 40C bra (thank the steroids for the breasts). Staying in shape and not getting a belly is very important to me. My breast have a female shape, so getting fat would take that look away. How I look helps me with how I eat. I weigh every morning and if I'm 2lbs over my morning weight, I just cut back on the food and do a little more physical work. It's worked for all these years, so why change. I will say I pay a lot more attention to my female side than my male. But since we have to live together, we work together.

Lanore

Jesse69
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
I've posted past threads on how I lost weight from 205 to 139 lbs by road biking 5000 miles and not dieting too much. I now maintain my weight with a little biking workout each week and I still eat a little junk food. I am careful not to overeat every day and if I get a big restaurant meal I take out some of it home. It took me 2 years to lose my weight and I went from a size 16 to size 4. The greatest reward was the tremendous selection of beautiful clothes that I can now wear, and my clothes collection just exploded when I became a size 8 or less.

I eat a light breakfast, and an ok lunch every day. Then I weigh myself before dinner to see how much I can eat. I also weigh myself every morning to check if I overate the previous day.

Robin Leigh
10-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Gee I wish I could put on weight. Sometimes I think I'm anorexic or something. :( I can barely eat one square meal a day these days. And If I'm stressed, I find it very hard to eat solid food. Thank goodness for soya milk...

Robin

Jammie Lyann
10-26-2006, 03:02 AM
I slowly changing what I eat , started take fress veggs an fruit to work, meals in the evening are made by the wife, an the childern dont like healthy meals all the time so I deal, started walk with my wife have drop from 201lbs down to 182 , 5'9" an can wear a sz 10 skirt. little loose hoping soon to get in to an 8 , was able to get into my white Ranglers for the first time in 10 years, :D tight but got them on so my goal is to drop to 175-170 an hopfuly stay there its gotten harder sence I quit smoking in june.
By the way I found this pink sweatshirt in the mens department at JCPenneys
goes real nice with my white pants, you wouldnt even know that they where mens attire :heehee:

shannonsilk
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
congrats to jesse69. i have never done more than 4000 miles in ayear. this year only 3000. anyway no problem with weight-probably due to that and eating choices. you will be surprised to know that iam 5' 4 and 115 lbs and can fit into women's smalls.

MJ
10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
hi shannon

wow all i can say is i envy you

Micha
11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
5'7, 148 here
does miller lite and chicken count as dieting? lol

viky carr
11-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Hi MJ, first of all congratulations, you look amazing and yes I agree, even though when you are dressing as a beautiful woman some times you think you look great, however when it comes to have pictures taken, you realice that you need to do something in order to look better, my advice to all girls is work out a lot, run, jog aerobics etc.

Sierra Evon
11-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I think I could stand to lose a few pounds , I gave up on Starbucks now all those mocha's and whip, are getting me fat, working out more & eating better
I have a realitvly thin build anyway luckily.....5-8 lbs wood do it for me....

Kimkandy
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
does miller lite and chicken count as dieting? lol

Yes, I think it does... :cheers: lite beer is less calories and if you only eat chicken I think that counts as the :thinking: Dr. Atkins Diet...

Kim

:dom: :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Penny
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Not I said the pig!

Lisa Golightly
11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
I work next door to Dominoes Pizza... :rolleyes:

Glenda58
11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
At 5'10" and 150 Lbs I diet and at 59 it's getting harder to stay there. I was at 165 last year and started to look at size 12s. Now a size 8 skirt and size 10 dress can't do anything about my shoulders. 1 hour of line dancing classes twice a week helps with the exercise.

Calliope
11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
121 lbs at 5'9". Size 6. Salads, rice, cheerios, coffee, Virginia Slims and an hour walk every day. Dancing is good exercise. So is 'catch-me-if-you-can' with a two-year-old.

you will be surprised to know that iam 5' 4 and 115 lbs and can fit into women's smalls.
Go, you! Almost like mother nature wanted you to be a woman.

Seraph
11-27-2006, 08:08 PM
For me, I eat only vegetables. No meat, no fat. :heehee:

MJ
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM
wow girls
you have all done well. has anyone gone to extremes. i don't want to admit to it but a few times i have purged .. thats not good ... a well balance diet as help me but there are times i go to the extreme as anyone else done that ??

Sedona
11-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Right now I'm at about 208 and am putting on my winter weight. I'm about 6' 3" and fluctuate from 190 to 215. In the height of the summer cycling season I run a pretty lean and mean 195. The charts say that my optimum weight is about 180, but I'm more muscular than most (good genes, not weights). Besides, 195 gets me about 9 percent bodyfat, and with a nice wax and a corset, look out Chyna! HA!

Yes, I'm a big girl, but I kind of like the idea that I can throw a strong uppercut if I need to.

My girlfriend has called me a closet anorexic (I'm out with her). Most definately not (yes, I hit the scale about 2-3 mornings a week), but I worry about it more than I should.

All that Lo Cal. clean living I suppose.

Audry
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Salandra: you always seem have your stuff together, You are truley an inspiration. and I`love your avatar.:love:

Jennaie
01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Guilty.

Jenn S.
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Started a crash diet after New Years consisting of about two 500-700 cal. meals for lunch and dinner and two cups of soymilk for breakfast. I just now started allowing myself breakfast because I started jogging every other day. I'm 5'10" and 150 lbs., so as soon as I hit 135, I'll level off some.

Audry
01-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll bet you feel real good about yourself jenn. I put on ten pounds this winter
getting a little pot started. after reading all these threads I am goig to start my diet today...

Jesse69
01-29-2007, 05:30 PM
I just can't diet. And I still eat junk food. I compensate by buying and eating heathly 590 to 300 calorie TV Dinners for lunch and dinner. Drink only diet sodas. Love my cookies, cakes, and pastries for breakfast. If I want to eat something and not gain weight I try a diet soda. Fresh cut pineapples and blueberries are low calorie snacks too.

When winter comes I can't go for long distance workouts on my bikes so I try not to overeat especially during this time. I gain 5 to 10 lbs during winter. This year I'm only 3 lbs up (I like to stay at 142lbs). With no exercise I would gradually become fat again, so I'm married to life to road biking to maintain my weight. At least I got beautiful expensive bikes to work out on!

It really sucks that I can't eat lots of food for pleasure anymore. When I did that I became a size 16! I can afford to splurge during warmer weather when I can workout though...

5' 10" 150 lbs is already light!

Audry
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
hi Jesse: I weigh 195 am 5'11 and I am starting to feel heavy now as much as I hate to I am going to have to start working out. It is harder to walk in heels when heavy I felt it in my feet last night had to take the spikes off I took this a couple days ago and i was sucking the gut in real hard,,, LOL ..Audry

RobertaFermina
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I went in 10 months from 303lbs to 175lbs using a NO-SUGAR (crystals, molasses, corn-syrup, etc.) and NO FLOUR (pasta, bread, pie, cake, any grain folded, spindled or mutilated), and eating 3 meals a day.

I weighed and measured the food (salad, protein, cooked veggies for Lunch & dinner; NonFat yogurt, oats, fruit for breakfast) for consistency. No drinks with calories - ever : Yes no beer, no wine (they convert to sugar in the blood quickly)

It was like the South-Beach Diet - BootCamp style.

Once I hit 175lbs, some whole grain, and more fruit was added, until the weight loss stopped and I stabilized at 175.

I am 5'10".

I am thinking of changing my target weight to 165lbs.....

I did this with a 12 step program - Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (http://www.foodaddicts.org).

I had a sponsor to talk to everyday, and fellows to call everyday, and 3 meetings a week to hear from people who were successful with the program.

My life was out of control over food, and I heard people speak who lost 100 lbs or more in 1 year, so this was, and *IS* the solution for me. I'm still doing it, it is now my lifestyle.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Tamera
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I wrapped my stomach in stretch wrap when I first started. I lost 30 lbs. from 215lbs. Then I started eating only one meal a day (Supper). 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and NO LUNCH. I eat about 1200-1500 calories a day, if I cheat during the day, thats how much less I get at supper. I am now between 165-170, and I am 5'11". I want to lose MORE. I saw a GG at the club last night with a flat stomach like I want to have. When I asked her what her secret was she told me "Tuna Fish". I will be starting my tuna fish diet next week and see if it works! Like I said "WHO ME DIET TO EXTREEM--NAAAA".

Jesse69
01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
You might get high mercury levels with a contaminated tuna fish diet.

RobertaFermina -- did you lose all that weight strictly by diet and no exercise? It took me 2 years of exercise to lose 66 lbs (very little diet)!

MJ
01-29-2007, 08:11 PM
well i am loseing more weight, down to 173 :D and as i have kept the weight off it's time for my reward a belly button ring "playboy" i get it done on the weekend :D i hope for 150

Bernadina
01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Diet. Of course. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Dark is almost a health food I'm told.

Jamsey
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm dieting now after a splurge at Christmas and New years, trying to lose another 10 pounds. There is this beautiful designer dress I'm looking at in a vintage clothing store, but it is skin tight, and even if I do lose the 10 pounds I may not look good in it. But I'm not even going to try it on until I get those 10 pounds off.

My dieting is cutting out the sugar, a slim fast 5 or six times a week, and a couple of Capital brewery My Bocks a few times a week.

Jamsey

Kenix
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I can eat anything as I am lucky to have very high metabolism. I am happy with my weight right now. I want a flat stomach so I am starting to exercise more.

GraceUSA
01-30-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm 6'1 and about 160. Actually used to be a lot thinner and worked to add some weight. I know it seems odd, but I also look a lot lighter than I am and I was at a very unnaturally thin. I exerise just to feel healthy.

Tasha Meredith
01-30-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm with Eugenie and many others, going through the whole TG experience really changed my overall health for the better.

I'm somewhere between 5'5" and 5'6" at 130 pounds. Getting to the lower 120's would be lovely. High impact cardio + eating only when hungry. Experimenting with vegetarian meals has been fun. I'm starting to realize I don't drink nearly enough water as I should though. Basically I'm on RobertaFermina's diet except I can't touch yogurt on account of lactose issues.

GinaVegas
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
No diet here.....although I'd still love to get rid of those love handles! I guess it's time to start doing the ab exercised again and get to the gym!

Cindylynn
01-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I have a high metabolisim which keeps me slender, but I did stop eating junk food recently and quickly droped about 10 lbs. Amazing what Doritos and McD's can do to your body.

crossing-the-rain
01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Never on diet,I was 5"9 but now only 5"7,140 lbs.should be a good standrad figure as a woman ???
Rain.

Joy Carter
01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Ummmm. Sorry I'm not giving up "PIZZA". If the MD Say's "eat one more pizza and your dead:eek: ." Then get the shovels ready, I won't give it up. BTW. I'm 6" 215. Not bad by the wife's measure.:D However I do use a waist cincher when dressed.:rolleyes:

TxKimberly
01-30-2007, 07:12 PM
i just eat less but its getting harder to lose my weight must be the hrt i envy some of you.. hugs...

I HAVE done the extrem thing before. You may recall a thread where I mentioned buying a little black and white gown that I wanted SSSOOO bad!
Well, as is typicall of such things, I eventually returned to my bad habits and got over weight again.
Not sure I'd call it a diet, but I HAVE started watching what I eat. I'm staying away from McDonalds and the like, and on the occasions where I DO get fast food I chuck the french fyies in the trash.
Add to that a 2 mile run each day on the treadmill and I've lost almost 8 pounds in a little over a month. Hey, there wont be any parades for me, but I was proud of it, not just because I lost it, but because I lost it the right way.
Kim

marie354
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I diet isn't worth squat if you don't exercise too.
Coca-Cola is the worst for me. I'll go through at least 2-liter per day.
I do try to do some situps from time to time to help control the spare tire.

RobertaFermina
01-30-2007, 08:26 PM
You might get high mercury levels with a contaminated tuna fish diet.

RobertaFermina -- did you lose all that weight strictly by diet and no exercise? It took me 2 years of exercise to lose 66 lbs (very little diet)!

I did not exercise to lose weight - I left that to proper nutrition and quantity of food.

I did a sit-ups and push-ups, and a few 'sun salutations' each morning just to remind my body that it should keep muscles and bone, and digest the fat instead. That's not much exercise, I suppose walking 20 minutes a day (enfemme, if you like?) would be nearly as helpful. By the way, once I got down to weight it was ridiculously easy to do over 50 pushups, and 50 situps.

I don't exercise nearly so much anymore, and maybe I should to promote good muscle tone!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

ravens_roost2004
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks girls, now I remember what my New Years resolution was! I need to go on a diet. I am 5' 10" and winter like an Elk. My goal is to lose 25 lbs by April. This should help with my figure. I do run when it is warm outside and on a treadmill. Time to start up again. Wish me luck.

Angie G
01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
MJ I have been thinking of it but food gets in the way :hugs:
Angie

Angie G
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
MJ I have been thinking if it but food get in the way :hugs:
Angie

ToyGirl
01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Im 5'10'ish hard to say. I was 6ft once but that another story , anyway im 135 lbs wich i dislike. I've allways been *too* skinny. I don't diet of course but i do have an eating disorder. I have to force myself to eat everyday. Food has allways been a time waster and a chore.

I have got more fat on my body since hrt but in don't do much physically anymore so i don't have a whole lot of muscles , i bought some scales the other day and was dissapointed that i still weigh the same.

You just never see any help for people that are struggling with this problem.

MJ
01-30-2007, 10:21 PM
hi toyGirl
thank you for your post , is it that you don't eat or is it Bulimia Nervosa, i tend to purge sometime but don't say too much, don't want to be naged :o ... but should you want to talk please feel free to pm ,me and we can talk if you would like.