PDA

View Full Version : gynecomastia and crossdressers

susan elizabeth
10-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Hi
I'm just wondering ... how many of you have gynecomastia?

(wondering if there is a correlation between gyno and CDing)

thanks
Susan

yes, I have a mild case of it ... almost A cups.
(body fat 23%)

Sweet Jane
10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
nope...flat as a board. I use "assistance"...

Beth-GDB
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I have a slight case of gynecomastia, but in my case it's only on one side and doesn't appear to be growing. My doctor diagnosed it almost 10 years ago after I specifically asked for it to be looked at, but I originally noticed it before that, when I was in my late 20's. My doctor had a blood test done at the time but nothing unusual was noticed in the test. The doctor didn't give me any specific advice apart from "let me know if it keeps developing", and if it is still developing it's so slow that I haven't been able to notice it. The doctor did think it was a bit unusual that it's only on one side, or at least only noticable on one side. I've never needed to take ongoing medication of any kind and I've never tried any kind of "breast growth" product.

If I wear a reasonably close fitting t-shirt my chest does look a bit lop-sided and my nipples aren't quite the same as each other, but apart from that it doesn't bother me. To other people I might look like I have small man-boobs, a bit bigger on one side, but personally I don't think of that as a problem. :happy:

MarinaTwelve200
10-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I think GC is a "random" type of "affliction"---And has nothing to do with CDing---Although I DO beleive that GC would be considered a "gift" if thatperson happened also to be a CD.

sophie69
10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
it would be a bonus (lol), but hey ho i have to live with the forms.....

Phyliss
10-25-2006, 07:22 PM
While I do have "something" it isn't gynocomastia. I happened to have my six month checkup just last week and I mention to the doc about it and along with the blood test for my sugar (which is OK BTW) they checked my testosterone and prolactin levels. Bad news, I don't "got it". There goes my "medical reason" to wear a bra.

Skyie
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Had to do a quick Google define for this one. I may have it as my left breast is a lot larger than my flat right. Ive had it for 7 odd years now. My first worries when I saw it developing was is it cancer? So I had myself checked out and all was clear.

It can be quite painfall at times when things hit it, plus it normally is the cause of some piss taking down the pub. My local GP enlisted me for an operation on it but with the UK's great NHS system it never happened.

linnea
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
I have some fatty tissue that I have had much of my life, but it's never been diagnosed. When I'm wearing a bra, it's a nice enhancement, but I don't think that it had any causal effect on me (a reinforcing effect, perhaps).

Sabrinageek
10-25-2006, 09:00 PM
A strict definition of exactly -what- gynecomastia is seems to be elusive. There's no straight answer of "Well, if you have 5" more, that's gynecomastia." It's just sort of a "We know it when we see it" kind of thing.

So that being said, as someone who is overweight by a good margin, and the fact that by "real" bra measuring standards I have between an A and B cup (between 1 and 2 inches difference between measurements), I would say I do have gynecomastia. However, being that I'm overweight and carry most of my weight in my belly area, it seems proportional. No one's commented on my body since I was in my early teens. (I used to get comments about looking pregnant) So even though I do seem to have some breast tissue (maybe more than average) it still isn't enough to be proportional to my weight and still look feminine. Being 5'8" and 280s means an A/B cup doesn't really look realistic. So I use forms like everyone else. With my forms, I'm a 44d.

I don't think gynecomastia has any bearing on my desire to dress. It just happens to be a side effect of my being overweight.

Sabrina

thea
10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
You won't find a true correlation, if any. For most of us, if I remember correctly, crossdressing manifests in puberty/adolescence, though some actually dress and behave according to the other gender earlier, others later--sometimes decades later. Gynecomastia doesn't go breast-in-bra with crossdressing, either as a result of wearing bras or as a reason to wear a bra. It's a brain thing, not tied to a body condition.

Rachel Morley
10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I do have some loose pectoral muscle that gets me to an A cup (just) but it's not gynecomastia. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a quantifiable correlation between being a CD and having this condition.

EricaCD
10-25-2006, 09:35 PM
If gynecomastia has an antonym, that's what I have. Flat as a board.

Karren H
10-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Well tecnhically, YES but it was due to my .....Prolactinoma..... and I'm slim now but have A-B sized breasts...... and I crosdressed way before I had them so there is no corelation what so ever.....

Love Karren

flogo920
10-25-2006, 10:18 PM
Have researched it- guys on the men who have breasts and wear bras forums are majority CDs.

Discovered bras due to lifelong having man boobs- found that there is an entire community of men who want their own boobs, or have them and do NOT want reconstructive surgery.

Finally found out that like anything else in life- purpose is enjoyment.

Flo

Shannon CD
10-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I may have, if what you all are describing is correct. My left breast is noticably larger than the right. It does cause me problems with my breast forms, one cup is filled better than the other. I will ask my doctor the next time I get a check-up.

BTW, several years ago I had a mammogram on this breast. The results wer inconclusive and they wanted me back for an ultrasound. I never went back. Since I had developed this around age 13, I did not feel anxious about it being cancer, I would have been dead by then if it were. In fact, when I had first told my mother about this lump at age 13 she looked at me and said, "You don't have breast cancer." I never said I did, I just wanted to know what it was, as it hurt to touch it.

Could this be what you're describing?

Billijo49504
10-25-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know if that is what I have, but I measure 38C or 40B...BJ

Helen MC
10-25-2006, 11:32 PM
I have "moobs" man-boobs. Not huge but quite definite. I am quite happy to have them .

insearchofme
10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
When I was just beginning puberty I noticed a "lump" in my left breast. My parents took me to the doctor and after examining me he said that this happens to some boys as they begining puberity. It seems that with all the hormones going through the body a boy might start to develop breasts.

Since it was just in one of mine he said that eventually it would go away. He was right and about 6 months later it was gone. I often wondered if this was the cause of my crossdressing. As I thought back i believe that the first time I had the urge to crossdress was before this. So I really don't think there is a correlation between crossdrsssing and gynecomastia. But then again what do I know?

Jennifer Rae
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Starting with junior high gym class I remember the other boys making fun of my breasts. Whenever we had a shirts/skins basketball game, I'd always play on the shirts side. I even had a couple of my aunts kid me about how I should wear a bra. Didn't know it then, but I have gynecomastia, later diagnosed by a doctor. My breasts are a perfect "B" and fill out my bra (no padding required).

Diane CDN
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi
I'm just wondering ... how many of you have gynecomastia?

(wondering if there is a correlation between gyno and CDing)

thanks
Susan

yes, I have a mild case of it ... almost A cups.
(body fat 23%)

I would say that there is no connection between the two.
I am glad my gynecomastia has given me a bit of a chest, I do not see it as having any influence on my choices in life.
I know many fellas that definitely do not dress that have extra flesh....they just grin and bear it :)
And like everything in life...there will be some trying to justify their actions by blaming it on something else....don't get me started....lol !!

Diane

joanne_mi
10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
And like everything in life...there will be some trying to justify their actions by blaming it on something else....don't get me started....lol !!

Diane

I don't have gynecomastia. I do however, blame my crossdressing on Bill Clinton. :p

joaniecd
10-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I have had small breasts since I was a teenager, definitly noticeable. took alot of ribbing in gym class, You got bigger boobs than the girls in our class.I was crossdressing at that time. Since I have shed 90 lbs and have b-c breasts now, lost weight everywhere but in my breasts.I wish they were D's but i luv them the way they are. As far as the connection, I would cd if I didnt have breasts. forms make the women in us.

Eugenie
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure if I have gynecomastia or not. Perhaps I should consult an Endocrinologist, as indeed, I do have some breasts, enough to fill a 38 D brassiere. But a big part of this breast is primarily fat tissue that is pushed up by my underwired bra...

However my breasts are sufficiently obvious even when I'm naked. That makes me feel self conscious and I'm having some trouble going to the beach...

In the mean time, I really enjoy that part of me...:happy: It really makes me feel more "femme".
:hugs:
Eugenie

janedoe311
10-26-2006, 03:59 PM
And would like them a lot bigger.

I am not overweight, 6'1" and 195lb. Been "underweght most of my life. Was 150lb untill I was about 30. FYI(Linda Carter (Wonder Woman) is 6' and was 150lb.)

I doubt there is a correlation. Granted gynecomastia can be caused by too much female hormones. (When we get older the male hormone level drops.) But I do not belive too much female hormones is the cause of CDing or TS at least not as an adult, maybe as a fetus though.

Penny
10-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I have several CD's; my favorite is Carrie Underwood. But alas, I no CD on Gynecomastia so there must not be a conection. :lame: Besides, I see as well as Norm Crosby!:heehee:
By the way, at my age, I'd rather be flat than flatlined.:joke:

Melora
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
OH MY GOD did I get HELL from it in High school Especially when my Gym BBall side was "skins", AND I think that the coach AND kids were in a Conspiracy AGAINST ME.. I thought.. = High School Sucked !!!!! &*^%, IT!!

sandra-leigh
10-28-2006, 12:15 AM
When I was just beginning puberty I noticed a "lump" in my left breast. My parents took me to the doctor and after examining me he said that this happens to some boys as they begining puberity.

That sounds like it might be the same thing that happened to me: for a while, my areola were both hard discs. The doctor looked at it, and said it would go away, and it did.

They weren't lumps as in noticable bulges, or at least not much so: it was more that underneath the areola was quite stiff. It didn't really hurt, but it was tender if I prodded at it.

I was a bit uncomfortable with it because I didn't know at first what was going on, and then even after the doctor there was anxiety about -when- it would go away.

I do not recall now what age I was at the time.

I do not recall the doctor saying anything about it being related to "growing breasts".. the gist that I recall was that it was due to hormonal changes, was not a particular surprise, and don't worry about it.

princessmichelle
10-28-2006, 12:27 AM
I experience slight bounce/discomfort when I jog, and a sport bra does help. Almost an A cup: gynecomastia?
But I was a cd long before that.

princess michelle