PDA

View Full Version : arrested and sent to jail!

jennig
10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
HI everbody this past sunday I bought the car I have been looking for for years a 1974 corvett I had gone over to looke at the car on fri and decided to get the car on sat called the person that was selling the car and made the time to pick the car up on sunday. I had a neighbor drive me over to get the car . so I drove away from this guys house and I did not ever get a mile down the road a cop pulled up behind me put his lights on and pulled me over.
the first thing he asks for is drivers lic and proff of ins which I did not have and I was up front to him about . he went back to his car comes back and says he has to arrest me for now ins . I told him that i have ins and my agent told me to call on monday to add this car and I would be covered over the weekend and that I had thirty days to add a new car to my policy. well no go so he hand cuffs me and noticed my nails and says nice nails I keep them somewhat long and polish with french. so with that he puts me in his car and takes me to jail and tows my vett to the inpound yard. this was a nightmare so we arive at the jail theay take my belt shoe laces and this guy tells me to take off my shoes off and sees my red polished toe nails and I always have a few toe rings on hes says nice toes then laughs well it was bad enough getting arrested now comes the paints with of course no hair on my whole body theay could not stop laughing but said nothing. called my daughter who went home and thank god I keep some cash at home at all times and came and bailed me out. so the next time you are driveing down the road you never konw what will happen

sorry for being so long
jennig

Kristen Kelly
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Could have been worse, you could have been dressed when arrested, and stuck in lock-up. Bubba likes us girls

jennig
10-25-2006, 07:20 PM
you are so right I guess in the long run at least I did not have a skirt on!!
jennig

MJ
10-25-2006, 07:21 PM
thank you for your post please forgive me but i find that funny. omg i have been stooped two times now total en fem try explaining that to an officer lol so the next time you girls go out driving you could be next !!!

Skyie
10-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a awful situation to be in. Not make matter worse they stand there laughing at you. Could you not flag the police officer up on inprofessional behaviour

paulaN
10-25-2006, 08:17 PM
If you woulda had a blond wig and a real short skirt do you suppose he would have arrested ya.

Butterfly Bill
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
This is the first time I have heard of anyone getting arrested for no proof of insurance, instead of just being issued a ticket. Were you getting a little carried away driving your new sports car and he stopped you for speeding? And weren't there some kind of papers reporting the sale that you could have showed him? I'm getting the feeling that "no insurance" was more of a cover up story, he was thinking you might have stolen the car or something else worse.

Steph
10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
In most states, you have 24hrs of transport anywhere! As long as you have your reciept and without Insurance.

jennig
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
hi yes your right about not hearing about this no proff of ins hear in the great state of georgia its off to jail for no proff of ins or suspended lic no questions asked while is was thear at least 15 people came in on the same thing. its a big bunch of well pupo to be nice>>
love jennig

Bernice
10-25-2006, 09:39 PM
It only takes a few stories like this... and people wonder why I have lost virtually all my respect for law enforcement AKA revenue enhancement.

sissystephanie
10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
hi yes your right about not hearing about this no proff of ins hear in the great state of georgia its off to jail for no proff of ins or suspended lic no questions asked while is was thear at least 15 people came in on the same thing. its a big bunch of well pupo to be nice>>
love jennig

Depends on the Police Officer! No Proof of Insurance is NOT a crime for which you are usually jailed in Georgia! But you are talking about Marietta!:heehee: Your car can be impounded, since you cannot legally drive it! My daughter-in-law was stopped just last week when a Police officer ran her auto tag and discovered her drivers license was suspended. He just made her park her car, and wait for her husband to come and get her. BTW, her license had been suspended because some idiot at the Motor Vehicle department had put her Social Security number in the computer incorrectly. She did get a ticket, and is supposed to go to court. She said she will just pay the fine, because the day she is supposed to go to court they are flying to England.

Sissy
More Girl than man

Barb Valentine
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune
But it ALWAYS could have been worse

vbcdgrl
10-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Well, what finally happened? Charges dismissed? What?

Vikki

CutieJulie
10-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Depends on the Police Officer! No Proof of Insurance is NOT a crime for which you are usually jailed in Georgia! But you are talking about Marietta!:heehee: Your car can be impounded, since you cannot legally drive it! My daughter-in-law was stopped just last week when a Police officer ran her auto tag and discovered her drivers license was suspended. He just made her park her car, and wait for her husband to come and get her. BTW, her license had been suspended because some idiot at the Motor Vehicle department had put her Social Security number in the computer incorrectly. She did get a ticket, and is supposed to go to court. She said she will just pay the fine, because the day she is supposed to go to court they are flying to England.

Sissy
More Girl than man

Paying the fine is considered a guilty plea.. i got pulled over and my licence was suspended ( didn't know ) because they never send me paperwork, and i didn't have my insurance card in the car. I had to work the day if the trial so i just paid the tickets. now my licence is suspended for a year and 3months and there is really nothing iI can do about it. 1 year for suspended licence and 3 months for no insurance.. and i have insurance but didn't have a card in the car.

Jestina
10-26-2006, 01:04 AM
Sounds like a awful situation to be in. Not make matter worse they stand there laughing at you. Could you not flag the police officer up on inprofessional behaviour

You know, it is a bad idea to "flag" cops or charge them with anything.
Unl3ess you are REALLY prepared for a long battle.
I was friends with several cops, and one in particular.
When things went bad between us personally they made sure I knew that they could make life hard for me if they wanted to.

Hiowever having said that, cops belong to the worlds biggest "gang".
They can be our best friends and make us appreciate them OR....
they can be a bunch of thugs.
As my "friends" on the police force stated to me in different words if someone comes against a "brother" policeman they will find themselves the" center of police attention where ever they go."
Cops have a LOT of power, and there are those among them who will abuse it.

As an insider to this behaviour I was sickened.
I came to dislike this clannish attitude.
I have come to be dissapointed in police sometimes and I also doubt them.
I have fallen out of favour with my old cronies.

It is safer to let them laugh, they will not forget your Corvette by the way.
BTW I had a 74 Vette, it really was a cool car.

Sorry for this happening really.
But frankly it will blow over.

eleventhdr
10-26-2006, 01:41 AM
They are all idiots and the whole system needs to be scrapped and reevaluated and then restarted.

I have had nothing but troubles with them of recent and this is as a male not as female at all

they are all fools and bullies and should be faced with what they dish out to the public.

Then hmmm well

In the old west if one of them even looked at you wrong you ahd justifcation to face him down with a gun that was out in the open nuff said and the best man or women was usaully vinticated in the end.

Jay Suzy!

jennig
10-26-2006, 06:25 PM
HI thanks for all of you support went to see the judge today with my atty
all charges were droped it seams some senator has pusshed for this proff of ins and In marietta theay will aresst anyone with no ins. but after explaning to the judge he promtly droped all charges and told me he was sorry that I was arrested and said the cop should have been more understanding after all he saw the bill of sale and I was less than a mile from home he also released my car with no!! inpound fee. well thaNKS AGAIN

LOVE JENNIG

tallyman
10-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I wanted to go driving dressed up but I was afraid what if soming happensjust like what went down with you. I sorry they made fun. But as others have said what if you had been full female dressed. Some explaining.

Love Michael:love:

sissystephanie
10-27-2006, 12:48 AM
HI thanks for all of you support went to see the judge today with my atty
all charges were droped it seams some senator has pusshed for this proff of ins and In marietta theay will aresst anyone with no ins. but after explaning to the judge he promtly droped all charges and told me he was sorry that I was arrested and said the cop should have been more understanding after all he saw the bill of sale and I was less than a mile from home he also released my car with no!! inpound fee. well thaNKS AGAIN

LOVE JENNIG

Jennig,
The cop was not very well trained! In the State of Georgia, Auto Insurance is reported to the State by your Insurance Company. The Officer could have checked it by looking at his computer (every patrol car has one). You do not have to have an insurance card in your car, but it is still a good idea to carry one in case of an accident where you have to exchange info. That fact about insurance is probably why the judge dropped the charges.

Sissy

More Girl than man

GG Vanya
10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Your insurance company applied what is called a "binder" to the vehicle you had just purchased. You were covered.

In any case, I'm glad the judge used more common sense than the over zealous policeman did.

Blonde
10-27-2006, 04:18 AM
IMHO, I think those cops were a-holes, and the judge should charge them with harrasment.
Are they not supposed to be "peace officers"?
Cops need to be held more accountable.

janedoe311
10-27-2006, 02:18 PM
They just need the number. AAA covers new cars for I think two weeks.
Do not know why he arrested you. In California insurance is required but did not think they would arrest on the spot. A ticket yes.
Was there something else? Like unpaid tickets, bad driving record etc?

Vivian Best
10-27-2006, 02:38 PM
I wanted to go driving dressed up but I was afraid what if soming happensjust like what went down with you. I sorry they made fun. But as others have said what if you had been full female dressed. Some explaining.

Love Michael:love:

To my knowledge, there is no law against driving while dress in feminine clothing as long as you are not using it to hid from the law.

If you are stopped for some reason be up front with the officer and explain you are a crossdresser and that is not a crime. Now if you have broken the law, you'll have to pay for that!

Jasmine Ellis
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, what finally happened? Charges dismissed? What?

Vikki

Yes I like to know that as will please

insearchofme
10-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I know there are some bads cops out there. However, remember every time they put the uniform on they become a target. Most of us when we go to work don't have wives or SOs ondering if they'll ever see us again. Give them a break!

nikisbest
10-27-2006, 05:06 PM
I have to agree with her, give them a break.
As far as the accountable, we are.
In the state of Louisiana, you are REQUIRED to have
proof of insurance in your vehicle. The most that will
happen here is you will get a ticket, you wont go to
jail for not having insurance. Your car will be towed though.
The officer should have known better though, I will give you
that. That was a little much.

Niki

Jestina
10-28-2006, 01:08 AM
My I have missed a lot over a day or two.

Damn that gainfull employment keeping me away from the computer!!
Can't complain though.

Anyway just to agree with the last posts from insearchofme and nikisbest
and in spite of the searing indictment it seemed like on my last post, I would like to agree with you guys.
Without taking back a single word of my last post.

There are some excellent cops out there.
Toronto has a police force that really is exceptional.

Remember it seems that the only newsworthy story is a bad news story.
So that will be all you hear.

Sooo how bout that Corvette???

Is it a "doctors coupe"? Or "Gymkhana* suspension"? (*sp?)
454? 350? auto? stick? or...here is a girls question...what colour?

Fun ride? Or what???

Mine was a '74 dr's coupe (soft suspension) 454 automatic and burgundy.
Also had a green '73 454 with a 4 speed with the Gymkhana suspension.

Never had a "Dress and Drive" in either of em.

Gurls and cars...wow.

Jestina.

trannie T
11-04-2006, 04:03 AM
Jail for no insurance card?
I've been stopped a couple times for minor violations, didn't have the proof of insurance, got chewed out by the cop for not having it and was sent on my way. When you're stopped by the police always be respectful and polite, you may not be able to talk your way out of a ticket but you can sure talk your way into one.
I was stopped at a drunk driving checkpoint once while I was dressed, the cop was only interested as to if I had been drinking, when he determined that I was sober I went on my way, it was as he did not notice my dress, wig or makeup.

Marlen
11-04-2006, 04:42 AM
This history causes grief.

Lisa Golightly
11-04-2006, 05:49 AM
Glad I don't live in your nwighbourhood... Do the police there wear jackboots?