PDA

View Full Version : tuesday was michele day!!! --- so much fun

Kaitlyn Michele
10-25-2006, 11:25 PM
first off i ALWAYS have pics but on tuesday i forgot my camera!!!! ARGGGGHHH...bad start...

i had half day so about 1pm i started to dress and finally picked a very classy olive pant suit with olive cami and a print jacket...the fit was just right and i thought i also nailed my makeup and "hair..ahem"...i also had a pair of olive green heels i forgot i had just perfect for the outfit and a lovely fossil bag..

i decided that i was just gonna do it so i puton shades and out the door...
heading for the mall...i'm running out of gas!!!!!! oh for 2...so i pull up and in nj the attendant must pump..so i ask for $20 of regular and he gives me the nastiest look i could imagine...he was older and he just could've spit on me....it was a total bummer... oh for 3

so i go to the mall....not very confident..but i go into macy's and start shopping..i pick out some pants and the cutest skirt and top,. i want to try them on but no guts and so i go to buy them...i'm in line behind a woman and she fussing over her coat...she turns to me and says what do you think??????
wow!!!!...so i softly say i think its nice ...she is very short and the sleeves are a bit long....the saleslady says it looks good too..and the lady is still fretting...so i add...i think its cute and you can wear longer sleeves with it and it lays nicely on your hands....she smiled and said she doesnt want to look small...and i laughed and said well that funny because i'm always trying to look smaller and she said ...,,,,dear you are a delight to be that tall....i thought it was a strange word choice but thats what she said... i said thnx and are u getting the coat....and she says she cant decide...

so then the lady says well to the sales clerk ....go help her and i'll keep looking...so i am there just freaking out!!! so saleslady takes my stuff...says the skirt i'm buying is adorable and off i go!!!>......i'm thinking this is my first ever girl talk!!

next stop panty hose...i really must admit i love hose, so i am spending alot of time there and finally a woman approaches and says can i help you maam and i say i'm doing fine and she smiles and walks away...now there are tons of people..its 4 oclock...people coming and going all around me...

so i go to jewelry...i ask the saleslady to see a necklace...i look at it against my top...she says its sooo pretty i say agree i buy the necklace..lol...

next stop...shoes...i have never ever gone this far into the mall..i go to a mall shoe store and get served by the nicest lady, try on 4 pairs..buy 2...she gives me discount card for a 50% off after i buy 5 pairs..

omg.. so then i go back to macys to the clinique counter and i ask for help with my foundation and the woman at counter says...whats the problem...and i say i dont know my colors...and she looks at me and says oh why not....i'm thinking..its not possible she doesnt know....so i say...i just havent worn alot of make up..and she says my foundation looks right but then says you're problem is you dont wear clinique and she proceeds to clean my chin and color match me with clinique...i walked away with a bunch of samples and she said if i liked their stuff then i should come back this week or i lose the free gift and she shows me this bag and talks about how cute it is..and she loves the makeup remover cream thats in the gift bag

as i get up to leave i am almost bumping into an older lady and she looks up at me and blurts out...oh my how tall and lovely you are dear!
.......well i just floated from there....

there is actually more ....i basically spent the day like a woman shopping...it was like i had no fear of anything around me and i just did what i wanted...
it was so wonderful... i went home tried on my new outfit and had to go back this time in a skirt set ...its a huge mall and i went to a different area and even got a soda and sat on the outside of food court..by this time it was 830 and not as many people...dont know if i could have been comforable at dinner time

anyway...sorry its so long but it was so exciting and i cant recommend this enough to anybody...

my bottom line (and i've said this before) i think that most people thought i was tg but i honestly felt that my presentation was so much "female" that i was treated like a female and i walked by kids, teen boys, teen girls, men...(i caught one in a mirror staring at my legs after i passed).. and they all left me alone...like i was hiding in plain sight

whew

thnx if you got this far!! LOL

bianncats
10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
That was awesome...I'm going shopping tomorrow, I hope I have the same type of luck you had. I am going to wear some makeup, but I don't know how much yet.

biannca

Shannon CD
10-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I would love to get the guts. I do go out, usually only at night and in parts of the city where I feel safe. But one day...

Kaitlyn Michele
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
bianncats...can i ask why you would wear the makeup but not get "dressed"

shannon...i did that for many many years...but i found i wanted to get out...i was afraid of being made fun of...or worse...and it just hasnt happened...there have been hiccups but 99% of people are great

JulieMichelle
10-26-2006, 11:05 AM
What a FANTASTIC story!
:D :D :D
Julie

ColleenCD
10-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Very nice Michele! Too bad about the camera.

Colleen

Billijo49504
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
WOW!!! Do you realize, most of us only wish we had a day half as good as yours. And yes, I'm jelous and probably everyone else is too...BJ

Phoebe Reece
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
It's great to read stories like this, where things start out a little shaky, but end up being such a wonderful adventure. I like your use of the term "hiding in plain sight". It is so true. If you dress tastefully and conduct yourself as a lady, most people just do not expect to encounter anything other than a "real" lady.

Now that you have discovered the world is not as hostile as you imagined, I believe you will be out for many more adventures. Good luck out there!

SherriePall
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Michele -- Wow, what a wonderful day you had. I guess once your confidence starts building, everything just becomes natural. Thanks for sharing your great day.

Robin Leigh
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks Michelle! Stories like this always inspire the rest of us.

I can cope with going into 7-11, but I'd love to do real shopping en femme. But it could be dangerous: I might end up purging my guy clothes. :D

:hugs:

Robin

Sophia Rearen
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Attitude with style. You can't go wrong. Great story!

Kaitlyn Michele
10-26-2006, 09:54 PM
i am still sitting here thursday thinking about it and coming down from the "high" of the whole thing...

i really really tried to just "become the person i felt like on the inside" and i know there were a couple times i was "read" and a couple times i wasnt...

i was sitting at the makeup counter for a long time...were they staring??? now i wonder but sitting there i was having sooooo much fun i had to say WHO CARES!!!??!?!?!...i also especially enjoyed a couple moment i left out...

when i was looking at shoes...the saleslady came from behind and said .."maam...just so you know all the shoes are 50% off if you buy a 2nd pair.." from behind i passed!!! i spent 20 minutes with her and i know she figured it out..

also i think the makeup lady assumed i was a trannsexual based on all the questions she asked me about how i liked my makeup..to me thats passing too!!

also thnx for the comments...i know i post alot of stuff and sometimes worry i post too much but who else can i share all this with but all you gals??

and sophia...you were one of my inspiriations because i remember your long thread about your shopping trip i think last fall?? you took some great pics and i remember wishing i could do what you were doing and your adventures as we call them gave me alot of confidence to just do it!!!

huggs all!

michele

MJ
10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
hi girls that's what i talk about lose your fear. and it opens up the world to Manny possibility's you can do anything. Michele you have to go out again soon so you don't lose your confidence get out there again you go girl ... now i hope someone else will try that ... hugs

Adrienne Heels
10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Honey, it sounds like you had a great time!! And you look so good in your pics that I am sure you had no trouble passing!

Eileen
10-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Michele when you shop you shop! I think you could out do some gg's! You did great and I know that was just the start for you.

Eileen

lawnmanmo
10-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Dear Michele
You must have felt like a queen or better yet, a REAL GG. Its a feeling beyond words. Glad you enjoyed yourself to the nines. Next time...Don't forget the camera.
Jerry

judyw9
11-05-2006, 09:47 AM
What a great day! The type of day that you store in your mind and re-live over and over.

Sophia Rearen
11-05-2006, 12:15 PM
sophia...you were one of my inspiriations because i remember your long thread about your shopping trip i think last fall?? you took some great pics and i remember wishing i could do what you were doing and your adventures as we call them gave me alot of confidence to just do it!!!

huggs all!

michele

michele,
That is so nice of you to mention that thread. It was my intention, to get girls out. I'm so happy I could help make that happen for you. Perhaps your story will encourage another and so on, and so on and....
For any new members the thread michele is referrencing was called "Come with me Girls". Miss Donna was nice enough to place it here http://cydathria.com/sophia/Sophia_AC_1.htm

Gisele
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I feel so good for you dear. I can't wait until this Tues. when I go the exact same thing. I bought some stuff in guy mode and now I will take them back as Beth for refunds and exchanges.