PDA

View Full Version : Depressed / Not posting

Dana Carlton
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
About 6 weeks ago, my step son told us that he was getting divorced and needed a place to stay. Of course we let him move in with us, as we are basically (or were) empty nesters.

Needless to say, my dressing now has to be behind the closed doors of our bedroom. Though I am not happy about not being free to roam the house en femme, I am willing to sacrifice my needs for his.

I still have been reading the forums, but have not posted in awhile. I guess this is because of my depression and seeing so many of you so happy with your lives. I still get to dress. Not being able to at all would kill me for sure.

I know this is only temporary, and I hope it all works out for him, but time is sure moving slowly these days. Thought if I started posting again, it might help me. Gotta get a smile back on this face.

Sophia Rearen
10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Ever thought of coming out to him? What's he going to do? He'll either accept it and that's cool or, he might not, and then he'll move out. Either way, it's a win/win.

Di
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Dana....sorry you are depressed hon.....hope you are smiling soon. :hugs:

princessmichelle
10-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Dana,

Good luck.

Princess michelle

Butterfly Bill
10-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Ever thought of coming out to him? What's he going to do? He'll either accept it and that's cool or, he might not, and then he'll move out. Either way, it's a win/win.

You said he is moving in with "us". Do you have a SO and are you out to her? If you are, you have a second person on your side.

sparks
10-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Buck up little camper! I get maybe a moment to dress in a week and can never really roam around the house. You're giving support to your boy and that's awsome and most likely temporary. You will have freedom again soon.

Penny
10-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Why not tell him! All of my sons have seen me dressed. As a matter of fact, if I didn't dress they would think something was wrong!

GypsyKaren
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Dana, but it is your house after all, why don't you just tell him?

Karen

Dana Carlton
10-26-2006, 03:46 PM
You said he is moving in with "us". Do you have a SO and are you out to her? If you are, you have a second person on your side.

Yes, my wife knows and enjoys my dressing. She is wonderful and very supportive. But this is her son and my step son (both our second marriages), and she feels it best if we don't bring it out in the open.

Thanks for the support and comments. I'm already feeling the love here.

Sophia Rearen
10-26-2006, 03:48 PM
There's always the Halloween excuse. Or, the oops, you caught me tactic.

ubokvt
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
It seems the general consensus is think about telling you son. I'd say consider it, but talk it over at:thumbsup: length with your SO, I assume she is his mother she might have some wonderful insight on coming out and how it might effect all the family, you your so , son and all the rest of the family also keep in mind under the outer layer you can dress 24/7 it a poor substitue I know but every little bit helps. :thumbsup:

Sophie Haworth
10-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Dana.

It is great that you both have taken in your son, he is probably in need of support from his family, as I am sure it is a tough time for him.

I agree that you have lost a lot of your freedom at the moment, but as you say it will be only temporary.

I think for the moment you are doing the right thing, and now may not be the time to add to his troubles with something that may come as a shock.

One thing about being a CD is we can be quite selfish or self centred, and I think what you are showing is love.

Sophie.

kwebb
10-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Now this has gotta be the ultimate irony. You are depressed because you can't dress. I am depressed because I can dress. Wife is out of town and even if she were here she'd let me do it when I feel like it, w/in reason.

But the more I do it the worse I feel about myself.

SherriePall
10-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Dana -- I am sorry to hear that your current situation has you depressed. Dressing can be an all-consuming activity. Hopefully, it is a temporary situation and, at least, your wife knows and you can still do it behind the closed bedroom doors.
I do have to disagree with some of my sisters on telling your step-son. I think you should yield to your wife's wishes on this.
In the meantime, we'll be thinking about you.

NatashaWI
10-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh Dana! What a sad story but...take the precious moments - even in the solitude of your bedroom. Is your step son always there? I have often dressed in an empty house and enjoyed a few hours as Natasha. Sometimes stolen moments are the best!
Good luck, dear.
Natasha

jennig
10-26-2006, 06:39 PM
HI DANA iam in the same boat as you about 6 mo ago my daughter could not stand my x wife another day and came to live with me full time up to that point she would be with me tues thrs and ever outher weekend giving jenni plenty of time to play. at first I was kind of down and then I relized she was more inportant than jenni well that lasted a short time so I sat her down and had the talk she had no problems with jenni she said she kinda knew with my nails legg hair and said please just dont show up as jenni when her friends are around sounds like a fair deal so that how it Is now she is 18 tommorow so with school and work and I bought her a car so Iam free to move about the countyr! so to speek I dot go out as much but I cant keep jenni in the colset for to long she gets annsey!! so dana find a way or live with it I could not be myself without my fem side to long good luck!:2c:

huggs jennig

tallyman
10-26-2006, 06:46 PM
I take it that your wife knows that you cd if so she acepts the fact then you have it made. So do what you want its you hose. That way your depression will ease. I hope. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon. We can only advise but not change the situation only you can. All the beest.

Love always Michaela:love:

EricaCD
10-26-2006, 06:51 PM
The best advice I have ever heard in the legal world, from one of our senior partners: "This too shall pass". Hang in there and keep doing the right thing for family! Erica

GG Vanya
10-26-2006, 07:34 PM
About 6 weeks ago, my step son told us that he was getting divorced and needed a place to stay. Of course we let him move in with us, as we are basically (or were) empty nesters.

Needless to say, my dressing now has to be behind the closed doors of our bedroom. Though I am not happy about not being free to roam the house en femme, I am willing to sacrifice my needs for his.

I still have been reading the forums, but have not posted in awhile. I guess this is because of my depression and seeing so many of you so happy with your lives. I still get to dress. Not being able to at all would kill me for sure.

I know this is only temporary, and I hope it all works out for him, but time is sure moving slowly these days. Thought if I started posting again, it might help me. Gotta get a smile back on this face.

To be honest, I've never heard of CD abstinence being fatal. :D Look at the glass as half full instead of half empty. You have an accepting wife so you *do* have liberties in the privacy of your bedroom.

Your wife has placed what I call a very understandable restriction: Not telling family. Please honor that.

Your step son has far too many emotional issues at the moment to deal with your crossdressing right now anyway. It wouldn't be fair to him, your wife, or you to bring that out right now. The reactions could very well be less than favorable.

So, my advice is (quite tongue in cheek I might add) Cowboy UP! Be a man about it, and as Erica said: This too shall pass.:happy:

Roberta Lynn
10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Dana sorry to here your situation has you depressed.
I agree with the others that think you should stick to your wife's wishes and not tell your stepson.

Is there a chance you and your wife could get away for a weekend or maybe overnight or just take a long drive somewhere?

:love:

jennifer easton
10-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Dana it's a shame, your a very nice looking lady, and to not be able to dress and enjoy the house must be a real bummer, been kinda in same boat the SO daughter has been in and out for a couple of weeks so jennifer has moved out to the garage, but she'll be back soon. hope you get a brake soon to. xoxoxoJennifer

Billijo49504
10-27-2006, 12:27 AM
My advixce is to ask your SO for her thoughts on the subject. If she is in agreement with telling the son, then go for it. But if she isn't, then you know how it has too be....BJ

GG Vanya
10-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Just please keep in mind, if your wife doesn't want her son told...she has a right *not* to be dragged out of the closet crossdressers pull their wives into.

I've given this topic some thought, and even though I am fully accepting (even needful) of Trudi's gender duality, I would have some serious doubts about her telling any of my three grown sons.

My position on this doesn't derive from shame either, or fear. I simply think it doesn't meet the criteria of "need to know".

Of course, I can not fully relate to your position. Trudi's duality is so well balanced that any extended stay by hers or my sons would not create a problem. Many times something comes up that interferes with our plans for her to dress on a particular evening, and while I'm apologetic, she is totally OK with it. Her attitude is: so what, there's always tomorrow. :happy:

I guess the reason I can't relate to those of you with such burning urges to dress, and what I feel are reversed priorities, is that Trudi (in her words) has arrived at the place in which she controls her crossdressing, it doesn't control her.

I see SO very many of you who want to be femme 24/7 and participate in such high risk behavior to facilitate dressing, that I often wonder how many of you who say you are CD, are actually TS. If the "need" to be femme is so very dire that you struggle with decisions like these (family visiting) surely it is more than "just crossdressing"?

Sejd
10-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Good for you Danna
letting it get you down is not going to help. We are here to listen and to support you. Hope you get some Quality dress up time in between as well.
Huggs

Sejd

Dana Carlton
10-27-2006, 02:47 PM
I have read every response, three / four times over. Again, my thanks to everyone. I suggested to my wife that we both need to get away (so much going on). So we have decided to head up to Niagra Falls for a long weekend the 10th of Nov. Can't wait to pack!

I am abiding by her wishes to keep my dressing "hush hush". That does not bother me, as only my SO and a few friends know of Dana. It's adjusting to a different type of lifestyle, though only temporarily, that is going to take some getting used to.

It won't be long before I'm back making comments to others on these forums.

SherriePall
10-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Dana -- Good to hear you've planned a long getaway. At least you have something to look forward to now. Take care.

GG Vanya
10-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh hell, now I'm jealous. Niagra Falls is one of the *very* few sights in the US that I've never seen.

Enjoy!!!!!