PDA

View Full Version : hair question...

Jiera
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Anyone have opinions on Nair? Or its equivalent?

It's for...a...friend. Yeah, a friend.

Sharon
01-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I've tried Nair and it does what it advertises. But I returned to shaving because the hair grows back just as quickly.

Kerri
01-06-2005, 12:54 PM
We used to experiment with it a few times when I was growing-up on the swim teams ... but never enough to really have a good opinion, (we'd usually shave), ... so why am I even replying? .... that's a very good question! I guess this means I'd better get back to work.

Wendy me
01-06-2005, 01:15 PM
just how extream do you want to get??????

Jiera
01-06-2005, 01:23 PM
how extreme? Not very. I mean, I'm not going to do my whole body or anything. Just a little maintenance.

Oh wait, I mean my FRIEND isn't going to do her whole body...

Wendy me
01-06-2005, 01:25 PM
lol mabey you......your freind might like a waxen????????????

Jiera
01-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Hmmm...I'll ask her.....

she says "yes." :)

Wendy me
01-06-2005, 01:28 PM
hope you......i mean your freind enjoys it

KinkyCd_Jessica
01-06-2005, 01:31 PM
I've never used Nair, but i have used another depilatory cream call 'Nad's (no joke, thats what its called). I found that it didn't get all the hair off even though i left it on for a while. Still it was usefull when combined with a razor to scrape up the left over hair as my hair was too long to do with a razor alone. probably i should have had a hot bath first to open up the pores though....

Beach Chick
01-06-2005, 02:23 PM
stevie could you PLEASE not stop?

Beach Chick

AnnaMaria
01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Personally I find Nair and all the others that I have tried to be more trouble than they are worth. I have yet to find one that actually makes my legs completely smooth. I always end up having to shave after I use the stuff because it didn't even come close to gettting rid of all the hair. That is why I am looking st the idea of having laser done. It is more costly than shaving but once it is done you don't have to worry about shaving anymore. The place that I have been looking at has locations all over the country(US). I am not sure if they have places in other countries yet or not but I am sure that if they don't they will probably have some in the future. The place that I have been looking at has a website that you can visit. I ahve heard nothing but good things about it so far and they do have some places that are cd friendly. Including the one in St. Louis and Indianapolis. here is the web site if you want to take a look. Thsi link will take you to their Grand Rapids, MI site but you can find liks to sites for each of their locations and contact info as well.
http://www.sonalc.com/grandrapids/index.cfm?action=home

Though this is not for everyone I am sure that some of you have probably thought about it or something similar at some point when you were tired of cutting yourselves with that damn razor one to many times.

huggs
anna

DonnaT
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Laser and electrolisis treatments are not a one shot deal. Plus hair grows and falls out in cycles. So once a section is lasered, a few weeks later hair will be there again, either from regrowth of the hair not permanently killed or from hair that was dormant the first time the are was treated. It will take several treatments to kill the hair permanently. Kind of expensive in that regard.

Vickie-CD
01-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I think I've tried them all, But I always go back to shaving. If I had to pick one it would be Sally Hansen, they have 3 or 4 varieties that work well.
Love Vickie

Vickie-CD
01-06-2005, 04:06 PM
how extreme? Not very. I mean, I'm not going to do my whole body or anything. Just a little maintenance.

Oh wait, I mean my FRIEND isn't going to do her whole body...
My (err) friend always does her whole body, why stop when the job is only half done.
Love,
Vickie :)

paulaN
01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
the best place for nair and me is my under arms. It seem to do well there but not well any where else

racquel
01-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Jiera in my humble opinion waxing is the way to go.quick,relatively painless(after the first time),works on all the hairs,lasts for four to six weeks and even when they grow back they are much softer.

Jiera
01-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. :)

I'd say "I'll keep you posted," but who wants to hear about my hair?

I'll give the nair a shot, methinks.

ChristineRenee
01-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Not fond of it. I don't like the smell of depilatory creams for one thing, plus the hair grows back just as fast anyway. Laser is $$$$$...so I prefer shaving. If you can stand it...waxing is prolly a lot better overall, but personally speaking I just hate waxing. Fortunately I don't have to shave that often, 1-2 times a week max, and I don't seem to have a problem with stubble either.

Tristen Cox
01-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Nair is just as it says, removes the hair with alot less pain than wax strips but as Sharon said it grows right back quick just like shaving. I did my whole body in about a half an hour with Nair. As for wax, it removes the hair down to the root so it doesn't grow back for days. It's worth the extra effort although waxing takes longer. My two cents ;)

*hugs*
Tristen

Sharon
01-07-2005, 12:25 AM
The only reason I don't wax is that you need to let the hair grow out before you can do it. I get upset when a shadow begins to appear, so shaving is it for me.

crispy
01-07-2005, 05:14 AM
ummm?

NAIR?

opinions?

anagram of Iran, rain,
sounds like n'hair
overpriced
smells like shit
dissolves 90% of hair in 15 minutes, leaving you fairly cool but with some stubble and odd wisps
dissolves 96% of hair in 20 minutes leaving you sore as hell and still with some stubble
difficult to wash off your hands
blocks the drain hole with disgusting wadges of hair

.............. what else would you like to know?

but then if you tried it yourself you would know all of the above, so why ask? :p

Tristen Cox
01-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Goodmorning Crispy, so I guess what you're trying to say is.... :p

Jiera
01-07-2005, 01:09 PM
"but then if you tried it yourself you would know all of the above, so why ask?"

Because I <i>haven't</i> tried it myself.

Waxing and laser removal are not options for me. Shaving is treacherous. The fact that nair isn't permanent removal is not a big issue. All it needs to be is easier than shaving. I'm setting the bar pretty low.