PDA

View Full Version : i need your advice please

MJ
10-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi girls i need your advice my friends think i should thank Dr Phil for his help and advice long ago...

he did a weight-loss challenge and I joined in. he also gave out some good advice that i took to heart he said this :-

Whatever your destructive behavior is, be it eating too much or drinking or doing drugs ; there is always an underlying cause. And until you deal with the underlying cause nothing else in your life will ever change.. guess you figured it out. that day he change my life ..

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/1220762/pan01.jpg

so do you think i should send him my story and thank him
There have been some CD/ts that give the rest of us a bad name on television
and people still have a bad image of who we are i don't won't to make things worse ...

i have some issues
1. my voice is not perfect :sad:
2. i am somewhat insecure about my looks..

so please help me out here thanks ..hugs
btw i am a ts pre op almost two years ft

brandie
10-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I Think You Look Fine So Just Be Cautious Your First Time Out Go For A Drive, Walk In The Park (with Peeper Spray Just In Case) And I Love Your Wig Looks Great On You

Brandie

Phoebe Reece
10-26-2006, 09:07 PM
You should thank Dr. Phil, if he was responsible for the changes in your life. It would really be great if you were to appear on his show and present a positive image of a TG person. If you are not prepared to expose yourself to the world like that, just be sure that is clear in any correspondence you have with Dr. Phil.

Tina Dixon
10-26-2006, 09:15 PM
WOW what a change, hell yes thank him. he may have saved your life.

Tamara Croft
10-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Uhm.... is that your before and after picture???

carriejoe
10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi MJ first thanks for your comments on my thread, and yes i think you should thank him, but be prepared for the possibility of being totally exposed to everyone. If this is something that u can handle then go for it. Other wise i would say send a note signed unknow. Cj

MJ
10-26-2006, 09:33 PM
hi Tamara

yes that is my before and after pictures a total of 133 pounds loss so far. and cj i don't mind being totally exposed to everyone. i am full time now . that's why i encourage everyone to get rid of the fear we all will be happier then .. and think of the possibility's ..hugs

Lori SC
10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I say go for it. Who knows what response you might get! Don't get your hopes up about a reply. I imagine Dr. Phil gets a lot of mail.

At 2 yrs. pre-op, you better be able to handle anything Dr. Phil can throw at you!

Are you going to write a book on how this changed your life? Maybe you should! It sure seems to have worked!

Hugs, Lori

noname
10-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not a fan of phil but, what a difference!

Kieron Andrew
10-26-2006, 09:40 PM
wow you have done a total 180 on your weightloss and transformation......you go girl, i totally take my hat off to you......

much respect

kieron x

PS yup definitely thank Dr Phil.....what a great show this story would make........oh and to hell with the voice that will come, be proud of you girl!!!!

GG Vanya
10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Phil (I refuse to give him the title) is *very* negative towards crossdressers.

He had a woman on his show once, who was upset that her husband is a CD. Phil said: Crossdressing is nothing but an excuse to engage in perverted sex. He also advised her to LEAVE the man! (while that is not an exact quote, it is *quite* close)

I would never do anything to promote his career. :thumbsdn: :Angry3:

here is a link to the summary of that show:
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/SavageLove?issue=28200

Rachel Morley
10-26-2006, 10:07 PM
I want to say that my personal opinion is that Dr Phil is an a****ole, but if he has changed your life to this extent, then perhaps he's not all bad. You on the other hand are absolutely awesome! You lost 133 pounds! That's more than my total weight with clothes! Fantastic! :happy:

If you want to thank the person who made you start thinking about things differently which ultimately lead YOU to change your life. I say go for it! If you get the opportunity to put TS or CD people in a good light....well, we'll all love you til forever :D

Kieron Andrew
10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
having read these comments i retract what i say about Dr Phil......be very wary of him in that case......just send a letter of thanks if you really think he helped you, if he gets it and replies then cool, if he doesnt then dont take it to heart!! ultimately i think you helped yourself more than you think, if you get what i mean.........and you still rock girl!!!

MJ
10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Thank you Angel and Kieron that the problem i too think the same way you do but he did change my life. i was channel surfing when i found his show thats all he said. and pow i knew right there and then i can't explain it. it just happened and i worked at my weight and my new look i just knew i could do it. i tried before but i guess i was not ready then. and he could be real hard on me. but i think we need a voice. we are not sick or freaks some of us have wonderful wife's etc why should we be viewed as sickos may be i should go through oprah she is friendly to wards us how about that ?

Kieron Andrew
10-27-2006, 03:56 AM
Thank you Angel and Kieron that the problem i too think the same way you do but he did change my life. i was channel surfing when i found his show thats all he said. and pow i knew right there and then i can't explain it. it just happened and i worked at my weight and my new look i just knew i could do it. i tried before but i guess i was not ready then. and he could be real hard on me. but i think we need a voice. we are not sick or freaks some of us have wonderful wife's etc why should we be viewed as sickos may be i should go through oprah she is friendly to wards us how about that ?
Oprah is one of the most openminded chat hosts ive ever seen on TV

Tamara Croft
10-27-2006, 08:14 AM
hi Tamara

yes that is my before and after pictures a total of 133 pounds loss so far. and cj i don't mind being totally exposed to everyone. i am full time now . that's why i encourage everyone to get rid of the fear we all will be happier then .. and think of the possibility's ..hugsWell.... wow.... just wow..... what an amazing weight loss and you look fantastic ;) One thing though.... Dr Phil may have pushed you in the right direction, but you did all the work to lose all that weight, if you should be thanking anyone, it's yourself, for sticking it out and reaching your goal, not anyone else :hugs:

rachel_jean
10-27-2006, 09:16 AM
You look great, both in your 'after' pic and avatar.

You can also include me in the 'not a fan of phil' club.

If he said something you needed to hear or got you started, great, but as Tamara stated, you did the work and followed through with it.

BTW, maybe phil's negative comments are due to a few insecurities he has of himself???

Rachel Jean

Angie G
10-27-2006, 09:53 AM
First off you look very beautiful I yhink Tamara is right you did the work on the weight loss some nobody could have gave that advice to you, I kindof think Dr Phil us a jurk and I think most in thet field are :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Well MJ.....that is a great story. And the changes are great... But I'd fear that like all public figures, Dr. Phill won't relay your story in the same light, since its not publicly accepted behavior.. And he may use it in ways that would not be benificial to Crossdressers...

Love Karren

CaptLex
10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Wow, Marissa, what a diff! I don't see anything wrong with thanking the man, if he's helped you. And it's totally up to you whether to be on his show or not - they can ask, but they can't force you. If you do end up on the show, you'll be an inspiration to people who need a push to improve their lives (and health), as well as an inspiration to transgendered people everywhere. :thumbsup:

And if you do end up on his show, I think we should all write to his show and thank them for having a positive portrayal of a transperson on (for a change). This might give them an idea that there are many of us, and that we support each other and won't tolerate negative publicity. By the way, Oprah is one of the better ones, but (sadly) even she's clueless about us - as I saw on one of her shows recently. :rolleyes:

MJ
10-27-2006, 03:44 PM
thank you i think a letter with a few pictures just to see what happends and maybe to oprah

Eileen
10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
MJ there is nothing wrong with thanking Dr. Phil for the help you received, that resulted in your loose all that weight. As for being on his show, you do not have to be on it. It is entirely up to you. Unfortunately not many shows present us in a very good light! If we can not get a fair and accurate presentation, it is better not to be on any show! And that is what Dr. Phil is is a show!

Eileen

Jasmine Ellis
10-27-2006, 05:02 PM
you are one happy beautiful girl you look fantastic

Country girl
10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
You look fantastic! you go gurl! You are the one who has done the changing. So thank yourself.

Abby Lauren
10-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Your story is already inspirational re: weight loss and it can also be inspirational re: gender identity. If you're up to going public on TV, God bless you.

Wendi {LI NY}
10-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Well first thing first ,Congrats for all that weight loss .:D I think you can thank him in a letter ,but do'nt do a show with that a**hole !He will turn thing around on you for the sake of rating .. If you going somewhere .go to Opahs ,she is a sweetheart and I think she handles tg issues every well too.
That is just my opinion !:2c: hug Wendi

Mary Morgan
10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Congratulations MJ, you look wonderful. But Dr. Phil didn't do it, you did. I bet he would be glad to showcase your story. Wow! Louise

tall_brianna
10-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi again MJ :)

I too would like to talk to Phil in his forum. But only to square off against his belief that cross dressing and, in some cases, the eventual shift to transsexualism is just a sexual perversion. He is part of the reason why we will be the last to be accepted in society. As near as I can tell we are somewhere way below overweight and smokers and just above pedophiles in his eyes. I would love to sit across from him with the significant research that shows CDing is most likely caused by either a prenatal condition in the mother or an early childhood psychological trauma, neither of which is under our control.

Please if you do do it - and I think you should - represent.

Hugs,

-b

Debb
10-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Whether you thank Phil or not .. being grateful is a good thing.

Yeah, I'm talking in code, so what??

I am the last one to believe in karma or any sort of supernatural stuff .. but I do believe that just being grateful is hugely beneficial.

I watch Phil on TV once in a while, and I do wish he could bring himself to learn more about us TG people. Perhaps you could use this opportunity to open a little dialog with him, if you feel up to it. Like it or not, he is a spokesman for many people; he tells people what to think, and some of them do it without hesitation. It would be nice to have another person like that on our side, or at least not quite as negative as he is currently.

Oh and by the way, wow! Congratulations on your huge (!) life-changes!

Shelly Preston
10-28-2006, 10:19 AM
By all means thank him but dont go near his show

If when asked about what happened on oprah or a similar sympathetic show
You can say he did help in small way despite his negative attitude to the tg community

Which also explains why you wont go near it