PDA

View Full Version : Make up questions

Ariel_TV
01-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi Girls :)

I have some questions and i think a couple here can prolly herlp me with it *wink*

Lately i have been experiencing more with trying to look passable has a female but so far i have never tried make up and i feel it the last step i am trully missing.

The first step i would like to achieve is my skin color and getting rid of the shades of black that remains after shaving . Even with the closest razor i can see a small shadow and would like to make it dissapear . Can it be done and what kind of products should i be looking at.

I figure with that and some nice lipstick i shoulkd get a nice fem effect on my face :) .

Any help would be great,

Fallen Angel
01-06-2005, 02:47 PM
hi ariel, i use derma blend nueteral it hides the shawdow and you have to use a seeting powder withit durring the day i use a bit darker shade and at night a lighter shade also use a quad razer shave in one direction and then the opposet direction use cold water to tighten your pores back up you can find durma blend on e-bay under foundations and theres also a company in the uk that sells a foundation that hides shaddows but its very expensive durma blend is so good it will even cover tatoos and it was invented for burn victumes because it covers so well hope this helps you

Julie York
01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
http://www.tgcosmetics.com/tips/tips.htm

Someone on the forum gave me this really good link. Covers all the questions.
Good luck

genevieve_ohara
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi Hon

I've been sharing my techniques for months now, if you're new, I'm happy to give to the links...

Part One (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3053)

Part Two (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3248)

Part Three (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3434)

More to come!

Love

G

LindaTS
01-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi Ariel,
After all these years I recently found a product from www.colortration.com It's fantastic when used for beard cover. You can purchase 5 different shades to try for $14.00 then buy whatever works for you. It may seem expensive but you only need a little at a time. It should last for years. Good luck.

Ariel_TV
01-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks alot for all the info girls ... guess it gonna be time for some cosmetic shopping and some pratice :)

*hugs*

Dianne930
01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks alot for all the info girls ... guess it gonna be time for some cosmetic shopping and some pratice :)

*hugs*

When you start going out, remember to get some figure enhancement lingerie & also do your nails. I've been in many places like standing in a movie que where people have a lot of time to look you through (especially if they're suspicious) And it always amazes me how the final 3 things always work to kill that suspicion. They look at my nails to find long manucured ones,look at ones feet (helps to do the toes too) & look at one's body for the woman hourglass shape and finally never forget the heels. If you can wear them gracefully they work magic (preferably 4" heels)

Rachel Elizabeth
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I learned a lot of make up techniques from the sales personnel at cosmetic counters at Nordstrom's, Saks, etc.

I actually shop en drab. They are more than helpful in providing disguise hints, etc.

I went out last evening and used a cosmetic cover on my beard shadow. I then take a blush powder over it since my skin tone has some "pink". Once done with that, I use face moisterizer on the rest of my face and apply loose powder with a brush. It gives you a much more natural look for day to day wear. Of course, I go much deeper into my make up if I am going clubbing.

I have also found that the french look press on nails by Kiss are perfect! I have had real women ask me where I get my nails done. They fall over when I tell them that they are press on. Painting the toe nails...absolutely.

Shades of "Home Improvement"! Duct Tape works on everything. I put on my waist cincher and wrap tape around where my woman's waist would be. It provides just enough indentation that the female curve is observable.

:D

sherri
01-08-2005, 11:22 AM
I use the Kiss nails too. Revlon also sells really nice press-ons, but cost a couple of dollars more.Press-ons are a great solution if you have to take your nails off at the end of your outing. Clean your real nails with fingernail polish remover before applying the press-ons and they'll stay on through just about anything.

My only complaint is that they aren't really reusable. They will kind of work a second time, but the fingers you use most often — thumb, index, middle — are likely to come off. Annoying.

By the way, Kiss now sells press-on toenails. A good solution for temporary painted toenails.