PDA

View Full Version : Gender Confused?

suzanne
10-26-2006, 10:17 PM
That's a term you hear from time to time in reference to CD's, TS's,TV's etc, usually from members of the American Taliban, of which many of my family are members.

How many of you are actually confused about your gender?

I know I'm not.

JenniferMint
10-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Well, I plan on having FFS, yet I'm not sure whether I'll go full-time girl or not afterwards. Does that count as "gender confused"?

AmberTG
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Ya, I'm still unsure exactly where on the spectrum I fit, somewhere on the girl side of the middle, with a lifetime of boy habits that I don't like. I suppose that would qualify me as "gender confused". But I'm ok with that, I no longer have to fit in one mold or the other, I'm happy with where I'm at now. I just wish I could express it more in public, but that will come.

Deborah_UK
10-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I used to be confused - but I'm not confused anymore - I know exactly who I am - the trouble is my outward appearance doesn't reflect my inner knowledge.

One day, maybe, the two will be in harmony.

Sejd
10-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi Suzanne
to be honnest with you, I think it is somewhat confusing to be a transexual. In some wayl, I have to live in a world where I am a man and in a smaller part I have the luxury of being a woman. When I am a woman I am still not a complete woman because I was born into a mans body. When I am a man, that is, at work and about, I am not really a man, cause all the time I am thinking about how better I would feel being dressed like a woman. I like being "pretty" and it is - yes, confusing. It is confusing to my children and too confusing for my parents and inlaws to even explain such matters with them. It is confusing to be in your fifties and have to deal with how to spend as much time as possible being who you would like to be. Yes, I find it Fu.....
confusing. And at the same time FANTASTIC
huggs
Sejd

RedBaron
10-27-2006, 01:27 AM
I am not confused, but others might be. I am just myself, a guy wearing skirts. I know it is a lot more difficult for some of you, and I sympathize. It took me a long time to get to the point where I am now, to accept who I am and to not care what other people think about me. But once you get there, it is just great :thumbsup:

vickinetmoor
10-27-2006, 01:38 AM
There are a lot of good replies to this thread. I agree with the majority of answers and wholeheartedly agree with Deborah.
When I am enfemme and I look in the mirror I see the woman I am and there is no confusion, just a lot more work to do !!

ReginaK
10-27-2006, 03:21 AM
I know exactly what I want to be. I know because of money, time, and health problems I won't get there. So i'm not confused. I'd say i'm more "gender disabled".

Angela Burke
10-27-2006, 03:25 AM
No, not any more.
I'm fine with Angela now.
She'll do me for the rest of the journey.

ArleneRaquel
10-27-2006, 03:28 AM
I am Katrina Maureen - - - No Confusion !! :love: From Katrina

Satrana
10-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Probably a more accurate term for crossdressers would be "gender inhibited". After all if we had the freedom to be who we are from birth there would be no confusion in anyone's mind, it would all be normal and routine.

Teresa Amina
10-27-2006, 05:28 AM
My dictionary has as one meaning "to mix indiscriminatedly". Sounds about right. The inner fem self is pretty well mixed in with the physical male self and the social conditioning that goes with it. Trouble is "confused" sounds like you don't now what's going on and for me it gets clearer all the time.

GypsyKaren
10-27-2006, 07:19 AM
I'm confused about everything in life, except about who I am.

Karen

PatriciaCD
10-27-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm not confused. I'm just a woman trapped in a mans body.

Penny
10-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Well then, what would make a heterosexual male with a lovely wife and father of three dress completely to appear to be a woman. It must be gender diphoria or is it? I read all the time on this forum about "the woman I was ment to be" and for the most part I believe that most or those statements and similar statements are prompted from confusion. Now I'm not saying that there are not transexuals who ligitimately feel that way and only those who make such statements know if they truely feel trapped. There is a vast difference between should have and could have. I am proud of being a loving and considerate husband, father, soldier in time of war. I happy in having played competitive sports as a youth and later one professionally. As it turned out, I am the exact pyhsical gender that I should have been. Could I have been a female? Yes! I exhibit a lot of female traits but then again, so do a lot of men. What then about the crossdressing? Well, I just like to look pretty, wear pretty clothes, and when that happens then I feel pretty.
A lot of CD's complain about being sterotyped but perhaps we are just as guilty of sterotyping. Our idea of pretty is female or feminine so we emulate females completely in some cases. The truth is there a lot of "Plain Janes" in
this world. I believe the women born to be plain are probably equal in number to the number of men born with the necessity to be pretty. While
"Plain Janes" might be disadvantaged do to society's perception of feminine as being pretty, they are not viewed as are men who have necessity to look pretty. Such men are percieved a threat, a priss, a weirdo, ect., hensforth, the closet.
Crossdressing provides a feeling that can be acieved in no other way, a feeling of pretty. So would it surprise you if I said a preferred to look female.
Which would you rather feel, humdrum, mondain, bad or pretty and good.
The choice is evident and therefor unexcapable (purge failure). So for me, crossdressing is an illusion to achieve a fusion but not at all, gender confusion.

Phoebe Reece
10-27-2006, 08:50 AM
I think gender confusion is what many of the people who see us out in public experience more than we do. A CD friend of mine told me a good story that illustrated that. My CD friend was in a store (dressed enfemme) and a woman asked her, "Are you a man or a woman?" My friend simply answered, "Yes", and left that person with great confusion.

Casey Morgan
10-27-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm not confused about my gender. My gender is other. Now, other people might be confused about my gender. And my gender expression may not alleviate that confusion if you think strictly in terms of male and female gender. But if I don't dress like a male and I don't dress like a female then I must be dressing like something else. The potentially mind blowing thing is since my gender is other and my gender expression is other, my gender expression actually matches my gender. Talk about your paradigm shift.

crossing-the-rain
10-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Was 100 % sure my gender must be a big "M",but change dramatically last one or two months.
Rain.

sarah-smith
10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
confused? yes!

confused as to why I was born with the wrong body! :(

but happy enough to stay as I am! :happy:

Karren H
10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Well I'm not confused at all.... All male in guy mode, all fem in girl mode....Best of both genders, when and where I wish!! :)

Love Karren

Bianca T-Girl
10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I must admit that I do feel confused. I think to myself ... I really shouldn't be doing this and if people that knew me, knew that I was dressing up as a woman, would be very supprised and I would get shouted at in the street etc. But at other times I think ... I'll do what I want to do and f..k them, I don't want to know their business and they don't need to know mine. One thing about being a CDing though, is that we get to see life from both sides of the fence.

Bianca.

princessmichelle
10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
yes

Skyie
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
No idea if I'm confused or not. If I know how it felt to think slightly different then maybe I could make some sort of judgement

janedoe311
10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
What is gender confusion according to the “medical Definition is it the same as Gender dysphoria which is the same as the “official Medical condition of gender identity disorder.

These definitions are from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
There are many places but I will stay with them.

First the definition of “Confusion”. Mental Confusion, or simply confusion, is the inability to think clearly and quickly. Since the ability to think clearly and quickly varies greatly among normal individuals, and greatly in the same individual under varying degrees of stress, interest and motivation, confusion is partly a relative term, especially when the degree of confusion is mild.

Dysphoria is the opposite of euphoria. It is generally characterized as a feeling of emotional and/or mental discomfort, restlessness, malaise, and depression. A person suffering from dysphoria will feel that "Things aren't the way they are supposed to be." One type of dysphoria is gender dysphoria; people who suffer from this disorder feel uncomfortable with their identity in the gender/sex they have been assigned.

Gender Dysphoria is considered the same as Gender Confusion and that is now the same as Gender identity disorder:

Gender identity disorder, Simple definition: General term for syndromes with discomfort about one's gender compared to one's physical body.

Gender identity disorder
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gender confusion)

Gender identity disorder, as identified by psychologists and medical doctors, is a condition in which a person has been assigned one gender (usually at birth on the basis of their sex, but compare intersexuality), but identifies as belonging to another gender, or does not conform with the gender role their respective society prescribes to them. It is a psychiatric term for what is widely known by terms like transsexuality, transgender and (subject to debate, but full-fledged GID is present in at least some cases of) transvestism or cross-dressing. Another proposed term for the condition is Benjamin's Syndrome, named for Harry Benjamin, a pioneering researcher in the field of transsexuality. Note that there is already a Benjamin syndrome which is unrelated.

OK now that the “official” definitions are over what does this mean about us.

Unfortunately gender ID is not always black and white. Here is my situation.

I do not like my body. I do not like my part "down there" and feel that I should have breasts. I feel degraded and aggressive making the first moves and putting a part of me in someone . I have a "want" to feel something in me. So in another life I would have to be female.

However I like women and female bodies I find male bodies repulsive. (If I woke up as a women I would find being a lesbian more of a “turn off” then forcing myself to be with a man. I have this “need” to be “normal.)

So, I would call that gender confused, because I do not fit in anywhere. I do not want to be a man or a woman only, but really both. There is no acceptance in this world for someone that is truly androgynous because that is what many of us really are. (Being able to switch back from a true female to a male would be ideal.)

PS. Many have asked if you can take a pill(s) to cure CDing. Blue pill to be a man without the female feelings or a pink pill to become a female all the way.

My answer was and still is “Would I take a pill to stop these unreasonable and neurotic desires to be a woman, risking my wife, family and life? Yes of course any sane person would.”

So need I say more?

tall_brianna
10-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I know it's a nit but I'd go with "gender undetermined". "Confused" makes it sound like it could be all one or the other and I don't know which. "Undetermined" leaves open the possibility that there is a grey area between male and female.

Bonnie D
10-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not confused about who I am, I'm confused on what to do about it. It was many years before I could accept who I was and am but life decisions had already been made by that time. So what to do about it now or when?
And then how far do I go with it?

Bonnie

LindaG
10-27-2006, 02:00 PM
no confusion I am a man who fully embraces my x chromazone and I love to bring out the woman and me. I also finally raided my wifes closet grabed a killer white sweater that she has. and if my republican brother was to see me now he whould have me shot he is the head of the american taliaban. I am dressed to the nines except for a wig which I should get by christmas.