PDA

View Full Version : Fun shopping today

Cristi
10-26-2006, 11:26 PM
I know this forum if full of 'I went shopping today' threads, but here is one more :)

I do a lot of my shopping in the days before halloween because of the 'it is for a costume' excuse (most of my other shopping throughout the year is mail-order).

Today I stopped into a chain store called 'Fashion Bug' and headed for the lingere section. When a sales woman asked me if she could help me, I gave her my chest size and asked her if she might have a strapless bra in my size. I never even gave her my 'excuse', just asked for her help finding what I wanted.

She though the size I was asking for would be too big for me so offered to measure my chest to be sure. She ran a tape around me and came up with a number a few inches shorter than I usually wear.

We walked to a rack of strapless bras and she showed me a few different styles. SHE suggested I try one on first if I wasn't sure about the size, so I took the one she offered and headed to the changing room. She followed me to unlock the door. As I was about to step inside, she held out a 2nd bra to me saying "Here is the next size larger in case that one doesn't fit".

I entered the room and tried them both on, settling on the larger of the two. After getting the size right, I went to look at the different styles. With her input, I settled on a style that had quite a bit more lace, but also more coverage in the cups to help keep things from moving around too much.

I asked her if the sizing would be the same as the one I'd already tried and she said it probably would be, but I should try it on just to be sure. Once again, I found myself in the changing room trying on a bra as she waited outside.

As I was finally ready to leave, she started ringing my purchase up. As she started, she gave her (probably mandatory) sales pitch about all lingere items being 'buy one get any 2nd item for one dollar'. I thought for a second then said 'Well in that case I might as well finish the job, what do you have for a matching panty?' She brought me back into the lingere section where she took a few minutes to help me find something 'cute' (her words). What she ended up suggesting was a VERY lacy white panty that had a pattern matching that on the cups of the bra :)

All in all, I've got to say I left that store a VERY satisfied customer. I wish I could find the courage to go back every week!

Phyliss
10-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Cristi, believe it or not, you're "OUT" there. Fashion Bug is rather friendly to men buying for themself. Go back and buy some more items. Their jeans are quite nice and fit well. I've got about four or five pair of them and their turtle neck "T" shirts are quite comfortable to wear.
If the SA will let you try on a bra to insure a proper fit then you've already been accepted by them. Go back and spend more $$$$$ :D

Don't let a chance like this slip away.

Holly
10-27-2006, 02:38 AM
You might as well sign up for a Fashion Bug credit card, too. I have mine :D !

RachelDenise
10-27-2006, 04:51 AM
Nicely done. They now have a customer for life!