PDA

View Full Version : The world didn't end! (1st non-halloween shopping trip dressed)

Cristi
10-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Today was a real milestone for me. Those of you who've read any of my other posts know that I go out on halloween, but have been very cautious about any other outings. The most I'd done on a non-halloween day are walks on dark streets or similar things.

Today I took things to a new level. I've been waiting for halloween and decided to have a makeup 'practice' day since I had the day off. After spending an hour and a half shaving legs, face, chest, creating my cleavage with the help of some tape and getting my makeup and nails just right, I was 'all made up with no place to go'. I decided to go for a drive to enjoy the day. I got dressed in a flowing print skirt, black V-neck top (with plenty of cleavage and even a hint of my lace bra showing deep at the bottom of the neckline!), black tights and C cup forms.

I found myself heading South toward some malls. To make a long story short, I did a lot of thinking about the many posts I've read on this forum about girls going out without any problems or confrontations at all and decided that today was the day to get off the fence.

I found myself at the entrance to an Sears that was the anchor store to a mall. I told myslef that I was just going to step inside the door, look around then walk back to the car, but as soon as I got inside... I just kept going! I browsed two levels of the store then exited by a different door, which meant a long walk in the Sun back to my car.

With this short visit under my belt, I moved on to a more crowded store, a J.C. Penny store that anchored the opposite end of the same mall. The entrace I chose to this store openned directly into the woman's section where I spent quite a while browsing in close proximity to dozens of women, not getting a single 2nd glance even though I ended up passing some of them in very close quarters in aisles that were narrow enough that we both had to turn sideways to pass each other. Time to take another step, actually buy something! I picked up several pair of the panties I like, then spent some time in the business wear section holding various skirts and dresses up against me. I finally found a nice blouse that I really like and brought all my selections to a checkout desk that had a small line.

I had to wait in line behind three other customers and was a bit nervous just standing there in line in the middle of the wide open area, but in no time it was my turn. The woman at the register gave no indication that she 'read' me, or if she did she didn't care. She rang up my purchases, made a nice comment about the color of the blouse, then folded the panties and blouse and placed them into a bag. The next minute was my most nervous of the entire day. I paid with a credit card and the machine asked that I present it to the cashier so she could check my signature. It wasn't signed on the back, so she asked me for photo ID! I showed her my obviously male driver's license photo and she didn't even blink, just said 'thank you' and handed the card back to me.

On the way out of the store, I was going out the double doors just as a large crowd of teenage boys was coming in. Once again, I walked passed them attracting not even as much as a glance.

After this stop, I was on a roll and stopped in several more places including a grocery store to pick up some food for later, a drug store to stock up on makeup supplies, a 'Fashion bug' to browse, and a Khols to look over some of their clearance racks. In the Khols especially I was in really close proximity to lots and lots of other shoppers. I was a bit self conscious about showing so much cleavage, but none of the women seamed to notice. I DID, though, catch at least two men glance in my direction with their eyes hitting my chest FIRST then, after a split second, moving up to my face. :) I don't think they read me, since I was watching their reactions pretty closely and didn't see anything in their face at all indicating that they saw anyting out of the ordinary.

So...unless today was a fluke I don't really see why I shouldn't do this more often. I got no more reaction today than I've EVER gotten on halloween when I thought I was being 'protected' by the holiday!

My only negative note is that I really have to work on my voice. Even when I don't really want to talk, there are a lot of transaction that require a 'yes, please' or 'no, thank you' answer and I can't even manage that in a passable voice.

Cristi
10-27-2006, 08:00 PM
By the way... To justify going into so many stores, I ended up buying something in nearly every store I visited. This hobby just got a lot more expensive if I keep doing this! My tally for the day:
Satin blouse, panty's (4 pr), eye liner (2), eye shadow, eye liner sharpener, 2 pair of pantyhose and a package of Oreos. :)

MJ
10-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Dear Cristi
i am so proud of you. you go girl you rock. i keep on telling everyone to just do it . you just proved it most people don't look or notice or care i am glad you had a good first time. now go out again soon so you don't lose your new found confidence . most checkout persons know enough to be discreet and i still have my sears card in my old name and had no problems way to go .. hugs

tall_brianna
10-27-2006, 08:38 PM
:yt:

You so rock! I'm so jealous.

tall_brianna
10-27-2006, 08:43 PM
on the voice - a tip someone on here gave that works well is to use the sore throat bit if you're that conscious of it. Otherwise, just talk softly and with a little lilt (NOT LISP) :) If you need a laugh and some encouragement from a GG, just listen to that red header comedian Kathy something-or-nother and tell me how femme she sounds. :tongueout

Eileen
10-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Cristi you were great! You can be proud of yourself! That was quite a first day. Yes it gets easier each time and the more you go out the more you will want to go out and to more places.

Eileen

Amy Hepker
10-27-2006, 08:52 PM
It's really fun to be yourself and just go do what you want. Have a fun time. It can run into a good time and many of them. It is not safe to go around at night. There are guys in this world that would just love to find someone crossdressing just to beat the h_ll out of you. It shows they are real men (YA RIGHT). These people can't handle there own world and take it out on others. These people can and are very dangerous. Anyone who goes out at night BE CAREFUL. This has never happened to me or anyone I know, but I have heard of it before. I myself have never had a bad time while dressed and enjoyed every minute. I hope we can all enjoy ourselves the way we are inside.

ColleenCD
10-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Cristi, obviously you had a nice day. Great read, thanks for sharing.

Colleen

Kaitlyn Michele
10-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Christi

i am sooooo happy for you!!!! i know how hard it was and i know how much fun you had cuz i've been thru it myself!! now that i go out...i'm never going back

its amazing how most people just are not going to notice or care...its so nice to lose yourself in the shopping and browsing and just walking around

and dont get down if you get read..trust me you are getting read alot, like the lady who asked for id (we almost all are read alot i beleive) but they dont care...and as long as you stay in the mode of feeling like a woman everything will work out

Stephenie S
10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Christi,

This is just wonderful news. I am so glad you went out and had such a good time. You go girl!!!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Billijo49504
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Damn Christi, You had more fun than any gurl should have in one day.:heehee: Actually,I'm glad you had such a good day. Isn't it fun to be out and not be read...BJ

RedBaron
10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Cristi,

Way to go :^5:

The first time is not easy, but it is great. You'll never forget that first time, I certainly don't. It gets easier from then on, and better all the time.

And don't worry about being "read". Just be yourself, be confident, and other people will accept you. Certainly store clerks will accept you, they just want to sell. I subscribe to the attitude where you don't try to deceive people and try to convince them that you are really female. I am a man in skirts and proud of it.

Phyliss
10-28-2006, 03:22 AM
I am sooooo happy for you :happy:

That was a great time you had.

"This hobby just got a lot more expensive if I keep doing this!"

Oh Yeah it will. :D Hang onto your purse. I've found that if I go into a store I buy something, even if I don't need it. I buy because I can. Time was, I'd get nervous just walking past the store. Even though I was in drab. Until I came to understand that people "just don't care" it was difficult.

Honey, you've just crossed the line and now there's no going back. Good for you.

NatashaWI
10-28-2006, 06:38 AM
What a wonderful adventure Cristi - I know how it feels to be out and it is a singular sensation. As for the voice, you might consider an accent. When I'm Natasha I speak in a russian accent modeled from John Malkovich in the movie Rounders. And of course, speak softly but distinctly.
Natasha

Deenise60
10-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Congratulations on your outing. You made me so envious that you did that, as I haven't the nerve to go out myself. But after reading your story, I think I will get the nerve (wish the wizard of OZ was here) to take a drive dressed and do some window shopping.

kcwrkngmn
11-08-2006, 10:39 PM
That sounds like a wonderful experience. I wish that I could do the same thing. It must have been exhilerating.

Adrienne Heels
11-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Good for you, Cristi!! I love to read posts where girls have such a positive time while out in public. Now just get out there and do it again!! And don't forget to try things on while you are out.

Charolette time
11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
I went out this past Sept, there was a gay ,lesbiean block party in Worcester, Ma. I had on a pair of yellow ladies shorts, yellow top, matching bra and panties, all in yep, yellow,, I was standing on a corner of the street as a group of obviosly girlboys went by I had on some make up and my hair is cut real short it stands stright up, as one of the girls went by she made the comment go girl as I was bouncing to the music, I think I passed as one of them, what a strange feeling, that was my first time in a large setting, after a while I just blended in and had one heck of an afternoon, the worst part was having to go home because it ended too soon, looking forward to next years party, Charolette