PDA

View Full Version : Go for the BURN!

genevieve_ohara
01-06-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi sweethearts!

Like many of us, I have a New Years Resolution to get buff as a bunny!

But here's the problem:

When I work out, I bulk up!

My already big, strong shoulders get bigger and stronger.

My bike rider legs bulk up...

And I'm like....NO!!! STOP!!!

Any ideas on how to shift the mass? NOT talking hormones here...but do certain exercise routines allow your shoulders to get slimmer? You legs to slenderize instead of bulking up?

Rather not get muscle-suction....lol

Love you!!!!

G

StephanieCD
01-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I've thought about it and I think I'd have to go into a forced coma and let my muscles atrophy and then do pure aerobic workouts to shed the fat and build muscles, say, in my butt... I've also thought about doing tons of pec exercises and then letting them go flabby and stuffing them into a pretty bra ;)

Perhaps lots of jogging and very, very little upper body work...? I know little about it, though.

Ashleigh
01-07-2005, 01:15 AM
I have had the same problem on the upper end. I used to power lift in high school and college but I didn't work on the legs as much as the trainers wanted me to. They don't have the look like bikers and other lifters. Haven't been able to reduce much on the arms and shoulders. They are going to stay fairly large I guess until I start shriveling up.

One trainer I talked to suggested lots of reps with light weight for tone but not for bulk. I'm not sure about this but then again I'm not a trainer.

racquel
01-07-2005, 03:46 AM
I'm gonna hate myself for saying this,I kinda hate myself for thinking it.

G is not perfect :D

I kinda feel like a girl in a movie that says "yes she's beautiful but she has fat ankles" :o

Khriss
01-07-2005, 04:56 AM
- - some -gender, norms are in transition-too-hehe-ie'muscles-eh? though the first pic -is'nt me- I have aspirations too

genevieve_ohara
01-07-2005, 07:02 AM
G is not perfect :D

:o

You're damn right!

G

Wendy me
01-07-2005, 07:50 AM
g. want to get tone, strong, in shape?????without looking like a boady builder.......

yoga.....veary nice you get in shape without turnning into the hulk........and its good for the mind......relaxing................babe.........its fun too.....thats a plus........
work out in shape without bulking up and fun try it..................

Danielle1960
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
When working out concentrate on arobic exercises. Bycycling or running is good. To work
out your upper body with out bulking use strap on wrist wieghts 1 or 2 pounds only. A few
years back a World champion weight lifter with a back injury lost it all and when he was
able he decided to get in shape without all the bulk. This was his recomendation.
Danielle

Ashleigh
01-08-2005, 12:01 AM
I forgot to mention Tai Chi. Try it, you'll like it. I spent many years studying Korean Kenpo and wish I would have started in Chi instead.