PDA

View Full Version : Beginners guide (or a few questions)

Bunny_B
10-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi all, I've been using the search function here all day getting info and answers but I'm still a little unclear on a few things so thought I might asked a few questions.

As I said in my intro thread, I've loved dressing up for about a decade now, but it's always been very.. umm.. low-tech. Just stuff I could grab from my sisters when they weren't home or, more recently halloween costumes and wigs. Rolled up socks for padding, that sort of attention to detail.

Hopefully then, if I apply myself and spend a bit of money I can cut a more realistic figure of a girl.

Swapping balls for boobs

I'll start here, because this is something I haven't really bothered exploring before. Like I said, if I was paying particular attention to detail I might have stuck some socks in a bra or even tried balloons filled with water or rice. (water was definitely a mistake on that one occasion)
Even then, though I wouldn't have been bothered by the bulge downstairs and would have just stuffed myself into my knickers.

So I guess what I'm inquiring about is breast forms and 'gaffs'.

Are gaffs any good, or a bit pointless? I see that otherwise the options are tucking and taping down there.

I'd never really thought about breast forms until I joined the forum last night and started reading a few threads about them today. I must admit that now I am very interested in them. I'd really appreciate it if you could fill me in on a few things because I still don't understand how they're used exactly.

I realise I might seem a little stupid here, but I'm displaying my ignorance so you can straighten a few things out.

There seem to be a few different types; teardrop, triangle, enhancers..
Are these used for different effects?

I'd like to achieve a natural look with cleavage, which I understand involves taping of the chest. Do these forms just pop into a bra on the opposite side of the cleavage so that only my own chest is showing and the rest of the breast shape is filled out by the form?

Or do the forms make up the entire breast? If that's the case I'd be concerned that they'd look rubbery and unrealistic.

finally.. I take it you have to wear a bra with them? so that when you take it off, they just fall off with it. Or are there full breast ones that can be attached? If so, would they be unrealistic again?

Softening myself up

My main concern right now, above all others, is my skin. I have a bad time with a shaving rash on my neck, but more troubling is the spots I get on my back/butt/legs. Not very nice at all. I've started (this week) trying to apply a skin cream to this area but no outstanding results yet. I guess I need to get into a routine of moisturising, maybe. Any suggestions?

I'm planning on getting rid of my body hair as soon as I move out of my parent's. Probably going to try waxing because I have a horrible time with itching and rashes when shaving. Or should I persist with shaving and these rashes will go? Do waxed areas irritate as much as shaved ones when the hair is growing back?

Wow, that's a lot of writing. I wish I did that much at work. To save on your eyes/sanity I might leave some of my other questions (more general stuff like shoes, clothes, wigs etc) for another time. Sorry for going on a bit, just thought I should get all my worries out on the page so I don't forget anything.

Sam-antha
10-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Sensible questions Bunny and there will be many replies for you.

Here is one in a nutshell, perhaps not themost up to date one but nevertheless a good one

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1950

Boobs are something else, and deserve a fuller reply.

Huggzzes from
~Samm

Kieron Andrew
10-28-2006, 02:17 PM
hi bunny, im a FTM from the other side so i hope you dont mind me chipping here, also im from the UK, bristol to be precise, so i maybe be able to suggest places to get you started!, i dont know how readily you are able to travel but Doreen fashions in london do a great service, everything from your first wig and breast forms to a selection of clothes although i myself would use high st stores for clothes if you are brave enough to get out there.....the sales assistants in Doreens will help you with advice on what breastforms would be best and the right size for your shape too, if you want to shop online for breast forms then its www.breastformstore.com (http://www.breastformstore.com)..... hairpieces i would recommend www.contrastwigs.co.uk (http://www.contrastwigs.co.uk) Sue who runs this business is in Bristol so not too far from you has wall to wall styles of wigs......and im not kidding the choice is mind blowing!, she will give you endless advice on styles and colours that suit you!.....i hope some of this helps if you want any other help dont hesitate to email me as i said im only up the road from you.....make up if you can push the boat out a bit then MAC is the place to go they are very helpful with tgirls and there is one in cardiff!, they will help with what works for your skin and what doesnt!.......invest in a good moisturiser too, its well worth it!!......i know you said you were leaving the general stuff but as ive had some knowledge with some Tgirls and as im only over the bridge i thought i would let you know some of the things i know, like i said if you want any more local contacts dont hesitate to email and i will try and help as much as i can.......

Tina Dixon
10-28-2006, 02:41 PM
You got a lot of questions and good ones to, but before I went and bought every thing to be the gal that I am, you should find a place that can do a female transformation on you, that way you get a first hand experience of a proper wig fitments, breast forms and even a gaff if needed. I had two done and then I bought and learned how to even start dressing better.

Bunny_B
10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the link, Sam. Had a little go with that advice and looks like a good way to go.

Kieron, always feel free chip in, I'll certainly look into going to some CD shops eventually. Don't expect I'll be brave enough to venture into the ladies dept on the High Street, but it's early days. I appreciate your help and if you ever need any advice, yourself I'd be happy to reciprocate.

Thanks Tina, also. I'm sure London's the place for that sort of thing. I'll definitely look into it.

MJ
10-28-2006, 06:31 PM
hi bunny
you have some good answers here already but i never used 'gaffs'.
or tape Thanks to the effects of estrogen i have nothing to hide the family jewels are dead " RIP " so i do hope you get what you want please post pictures of your new self hugs

Sam-antha
10-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Doreen certainly give a good roundup of availability, and a return service too, at least for the forms.
Chat with them, they reply.
http://www.doreenfashions.com/store/breastforms.html
Wigs, find any Wig supplier who is deicated to wigs and not a hairdresser with wigs.
You get advice that way. I have been to a few and it is worth it, for choice advice and aftercare too.
~Samm